Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chultzy

Acnefree system (BP)

I should have started this 11 days ago when I actually began using the Acnefree system. I was scanning the boards and reading the forums created by other members when I realized that by doing the same, I would be able to keep track of any progress made. I will fill you in on the days that I failed to post.

Here is some history for you all....

I am a 25 yr old female who has had acne since my late teen years. However, I never had cystic acne until I was 23. I have tried almost EVERYTHING to clear my face including...

1) supplements (fish oil, vit D, Niacin, daily vitamins)

2) Spiro

3) Antibiotics

4) Retin-A

5) BP (gave up within a wk because of excessive dryness)

6) Salicylic acid

7) Paleo diet (helped a little)

8) Elimination of Dairy

9) Proactive

Skin type......VERY OILY and I often have to use oil blotters multiple times throughout the day. I usually have about 8-10 active cysts on my face at all times.

Diet....... white fish, lots of salads, veggies, fruits, steel oats, nuts, ground turkey (occasionally), eggs, chicken and occasionally pizza and beer on the weekends. I also drink 1-2 gallons of water per day.

Exercise..... 3-4 times a week for an hour (mainly cardio and tae-bo)

Make-up...... everyday because my acne has really done some major damage to my self-esteem as many of you can understand. Liquid foundation and mineral powder and mineral blush

I purchased this Acnefree Kit at CVS because I was desperate and wanted to buy something on the spot. The kit consists of 2.5 % BP cleanser, toner, and a 3.7% BP repair lotion. The directions say to use all three consecutively, twice a day.

DAY 1-5

(My face was the worst I had ever seen it when I started this regimen)

My face seemed to be getting worse by the minute, my eyes felt like they were burning and I also felt like I had a constant sunburn. No peeling going on, but all of my active pimples seemed to be getting worse. AHHHHHHHHHH!!

DAY 6-8

The active cysts were starting to go down but I would wake up with random new whiteheads that were non-existent the night before.... very frustrating! My face still felt and looked red all the time and was burning!

DAY 9-11 (today)

My face is peeling everywhere! I have no new zits, which is a first for me. All of the huge cysts that I had the week before are heeling. It is hard to apply make-up because of how dry my face feels. I use moisturizer every time after the 3 step process, twice a day. I can actually run my fingers down the right side of my face and I feel no large bumps (even though there are plenty of red marks from the monstrous zits that resided on my cheeks in the last 2 weeks). My lips also are super chapped and I have to keep using chapstick throughout the day. I am going to stick this out and I will try to continuously update any progress.

So.... last night I felt a cyst coming on the left side of my face towards the top of my cheek. It was painful to the touch and very red! I woke up this morning and it had come to a head. I do have a problem with picking and I have been trying to get better. I could not help myself and popped it. I felt instant relief and it is no longer sore to the touch. My face was burning pretty badly during church today..... when I got home an hour ago I realized that near my temples, there is a lot of flaking and peeling. I usually scrape to get the skin off but I am going to try to get better about that and just slab on more moisturizer. Besides the recent cyst, my complexion is looking better. I wish I had some picture from when I started the Acneefree kit, but here are some from today. Very RED!!!

Sorry I haven't been able to get to a computer.... just traveled a ways to be with my family for Thanksgiving..... I have been very discouraged with my face the last few days : ( I got 4 new pimples near my temples and now have a large cyst forming on my chin. I have been sticking with the regimen, but last night my face was literally coming off in sheets. It was the worst under my eyes and around my hairline. It looks like I have severe dandruff around the edges of my hair.The thing that really bothers me is that I never used to have a problem with bacne and now I am getting very painful acne all over my uppper back Where is this coming from? It makes me so angry!! I guess I will start to apply BP there as well. I fell like my small bottle of BP is already running out.... why do they always give a small bottle of BP in those kits, but a large cleanser and large toner? UGH!

I have noticed that I am no longer getting acne on my cheeks, which was the main location of my cysts in the past. I usually stay clear on my forehead and now it is the opposite, with acne coming on my chin and near my forehead. Has anyone else experienced this on a BP regimen?

Going to take of my layers of make-up and apply my 3 step process...... Hopefully my face will look a bit better in the morning.

I remember trying the AcneFree system in the summer of '09, and although it never completely cleared me up (I only used it for 2-3 weeks), it greatly reduced the frequency of acne. Although I think mine might have been a different formula, because I vaguely recall it being SA-based instead of BP.

I am in the same boat as you right now, using Dan's BP. I get a burning sensation after BP application and my face is always flaky. You might actually have it worse since your whole system seems to be BP-based. Have you tried lowering the amount you are using? That seems to be the best option. Replacing one of the products with something gentler could also be possible, but that might not be cost-effective... and it could also mess up the AcneFree "system", since the products are meant to synergize I guess.

I'm also interested to know why you didn't spend more time with Dan's BP, if you're willing to put up with similar side effects from AcneFree.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Hmm... I wonder if they changed the formula.

I am not quite sure why I stopped Dans regimen... I think it was because I was going through similar side effects and then I got going on the paleo diet, thinking that all natural was the best way to go. I gave the rest of my Dans BP to my sister only after 2 weeks, which I now regret. I am thinking that Dans Regimen may have had similar results if I stuck with it.

I use a dime-sized amount of BP, enough to saturate my entire face... maybe I should use more.

I ate way too much this Thanksgiving, like I always do and now I feel like crap because of it.

As for my face....

The last 2 days I have noticed that my face is becoming more oily and less flaky.. not sure if this is a bad or good thing. It is making me feel like I am reverting back to pre-BP time when my face was soooo oily! However, still no large cysts on my cheeks, but they sure are coming everywhere else! I got a MONSTER on my chin that you can see in the pics and lots of small pimples on my forehead. I don't really mind the forehead zits so much because they tend to be small and clear quickly. I would rather take those any day over the large cysts on my cheeks which tend to be more painful and noticeable. I haven't missed a single day of this 3 step, twice a day process so I am hoping that I start to see better results soon.

Hmm... I wonder if they changed the formula.

I am not quite sure why I stopped Dans regimen... I think it was because I was going through similar side effects and then I got going on the paleo diet, thinking that all natural was the best way to go. I gave the rest of my Dans BP to my sister only after 2 weeks, which I now regret. I am thinking that Dans Regimen may have had similar results if I stuck with it.

I use a dime-sized amount of BP, enough to saturate my entire face... maybe I should use more.

I ate way too much this Thanksgiving, like I always do and now I feel like crap because of it.

As for my face....

The last 2 days I have noticed that my face is becoming more oily and less flaky.. not sure if this is a bad or good thing. It is making me feel like I am reverting back to pre-BP time when my face was soooo oily! However, still no large cysts on my cheeks, but they sure are coming everywhere else! I got a MONSTER on my chin that you can see in the pics and lots of small pimples on my forehead. I don't really mind the forehead zits so much because they tend to be small and clear quickly. I would rather take those any day over the large cysts on my cheeks which tend to be more painful and noticeable. I haven't missed a single day of this 3 step, twice a day process so I am hoping that I start to see better results soon.

Have you given jojoba oil a shot? It can actually regulate your skin's oil production. If you use it right after you cleanse, while your skin is still sort of moist and flakes have not yet formed, then it's also a great way of keeping flakes at bay. Plus it doesn't seem to interfere with BP.

Hey! Thanks for the tip.... I have never tried jojoba oil, but I have read that many users have had success with it. Maybe I will give it a shot.

Today is a good day...... Even though my face is full of red marks, this was the first time that I washed my face in the shower and felt no painful pimples on my face. I don't have any active cysts on my face at this moment which in itself a big accomplishment, Something a little weird though..... 2 cysts showed up on my neck which I have never had happen before and they hurt like hell! My face still gets a little oily during the day which I try to control with oil blotters (I often use the brown napkins bc they work really well and they are free). My back also seems to be clearing up after washing it with the BP cleanser and using the toner.

The flaking isn't as bad on my face except for around my hairline.... that is the part that seems to be the driest. I feel that my skin is making improvements even though it may not look that way in the pics. As you all know, when your pimples clear up and leave an awful red mark in it's place it can be very frustrating!!!!

I will be gone for the weekend so I won't be able to update until Sunday.... I have a concert to go to this Saturday so hopefully the drinking and eating won't effect my face too much.

Now when i try to post pics it always says file too big... this didn't happen with my first post.. anyone know whats up?

Hi there !

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the regimen and say that your acne is kinda similar to that which i had a year ago. It was kinda cystic and painful, but topical gels helped me. Now i have very different acne, but a few days ago a few new inflamed zits appeared on my face. Benzoyl peroxide helps very well. Be patient and do not loose optimism ! :}

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

SO... it has been almost a month since I started this Acnefree regimen. Right now, I have about 5 active pimples on my face, one very painful one on my forehead. Like I said in a previous post, my acne now is different than my acne before I started the BP and in different locations. I am still getting most of my active pimples on my forehead and temples.... hardly any on my cheeks. Before I started the BP regimen the worst acne always showed up on my cheeks. I noticed a large painful cyst on my back today... UGH!!!! I never used to have acne on any other part of my body other than my face... I have no idea where this is coming from but it is very frustrating! The 2 cysts on my neck are almost gone thanks to the massive amounts of BP that I applied.

I feel like I keep taking one step forward and 2 steps back. As soon as I feel that I am seeing improvement, more zits come.

If anyone is reading this and has had success with a BP regimen, how long did it take to really start to see big improvements?

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

SO... it has been almost a month since I started this Acnefree regimen. Right now, I have about 5 active pimples on my face, one very painful one on my forehead. Like I said in a previous post, my acne now is different than my acne before I started the BP and in different locations. I am still getting most of my active pimples on my forehead and temples.... hardly any on my cheeks. Before I started the BP regimen the worst acne always showed up on my cheeks. I noticed a large painful cyst on my back today... UGH!!!! I never used to have acne on any other part of my body other than my face... I have no idea where this is coming from but it is very frustrating! The 2 cysts on my neck are almost gone thanks to the massive amounts of BP that I applied.

I feel like I keep taking one step forward and 2 steps back. As soon as I feel that I am seeing improvement, more zits come.

If anyone is reading this and has had success with a BP regimen, how long did it take to really start to see big improvements?

I'm on Dan's BP and coming to the end of 3 months, and I'm just now starting to see it work. For some people it takes even longer...

I am really frustrated because I can't figure out why I am not able to post pics anymore. Every time I try, the file seems to be too big. I tried to re-size them multiple times, but no luck. I will have to wait for my hubby to get home to help me figure this out..... but anyway....

There really isn't much to update on. My face must be getting used to the BP because it is not super dry anymore. Actually, it is becoming a little oily at times which is almost more annoying than the flakes. I am still getting a lot of little pimples on my forehead and temples. My left side of my face is doing really well right now, but my right side- not so much. My acne always seems to pick a side of my face to show up on, and then all my zits have a chat and decide to attack the other side of my face the next week.

One thing that has changed quite a bit is the development of my pimples and the healing time. The first 10 days on BP, I felt that my pimples were taking forever to come to a head, and then taking a long time to settle down. Now that I have been on BP for over a month, I have noticed that my pimples come to a whitehead very quickly and clear just as fast.

I have been very consistent and persistent with my regimen and have not missed an application yet. I am determined to carry this out until I see some noteworthy results! I will try to get pics up soon guys.... thanks for bearing with me

Wombat- Thank you for the tip... it looks like I have indeed reached my limit for attachments.... I only have 4 pics, and I don't want to delete them. How do I post more? Other users have 20-30 attachments on their logs......

I am having quite the break-out now. I have one extremely painful pimple on my upper back and a few other semi-painful pimples around the same area. I also have 4 NEW active pimples on my face. One on my outer cheekbone, one large one in the middle of my forehead, one on my right cheek, and another on the left side of my chin. I also have many red marks from previous acne. This sucks. I have been going through all the steps twice a day, exactly as the directions illustrate. I am going to stick it out for about 3 or 4 months but if I don't notice a different I need to try something else. I am getting married this coming summer and I don't want to be Mrs. Pizzaface!

I think I need to renew my gym membership and force myself to do cardio and lift on a more consistent basis. I was looking at college pictures the other day from when I was a sophomore in college and my face was completely clear and I looked pretty! The only thing that I can think of that was different then was that I worked out at the college gym (included in tuition, so free) every single day and I was pretty hard-core about cardio and weights.

I will probably getting a gym membership either way to stay healthy.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am open.

Wombat- Thank you for the tip... it looks like I have indeed reached my limit for attachments.... I only have 4 pics, and I don't want to delete them. How do I post more? Other users have 20-30 attachments on their logs......

I think the problem is the size of your images... when other users post them, they are pretty small (60K)... whereas your first two pics alone are like 900K each, which is almost 1.5 MB right there... and considering total attachment space is 2.44 MB... well, you get the picture (no pun intended).

The main thing you could do is resize the images... i think 640x480 still gets the point across fairly well, and makes the file size a lot smaller... You could also decrease the JPEG quality if you have something like Photoshop on your comp.

Hope that helped.

OK... Thanks to Wombat I was able to figure out how to put some photos up... Here are some from 2 days ago. My face isn't much different right now than it was then. My temples are really dry again by my hairline but luckily, the active pimples I had the other day are already clearing. The rest of my face is getting really oily during the day though and it is so irritating!!! The BP is making my past pimples look soooo red. I can't stand how it makes my face look worse than it really is.... Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

post-71693-1292380954_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1292381021_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1292381066_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1292380954_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1292381021_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1292381066_thumb.jpg

Hey guys- sorry it's been a while... I really don't have any major progress to note. I have three new active pimples on my forehead and one large one on my right jaw line. My cheeks are still staying fairly clear which is some progress in my eyes. My face is still oily during the day and just a little flakiness near my hairlines on my temples.

I have been reading some other posts concerning wild yam.... and it's effectiveness in balancing hormones. I am pretty sure that hormones are the main cause of my acne. My face always gets worse before and during my period and going on and off of hormonal birth control always changes my complexion. Anyone out there have any success with wild yam??

I am now back home from visiting my family, and feel like complete shit after eating and drinking nonstop for the holidays. I am ready to get back to my regular routine of eating healthy. I kept up with my BP routine the whole time I was home. I just ran out of my Acneefree kit, so I went today to buy I new one. I am 2 months in, and I have to say I have noticed improvement. It may not be the drastic improvement I was hoping for, but it's something. I have decided that once this new Acnefree kit that I bought is gone, I will make a decision to continue with the BP or try something else. I figure that I have another 2 months with this new kit I bought, and if at the end of 4 months my face inst significantly better, BP might not be the answer for my skin. I have played around with my diet in the past, with hopes that it would improve my skin, but I never saw great results. I tried the paleo diet and saw a little improvement, but not much. I just got the KIND DIET book for Christmas and have been reading it. I am tinkering with the idea of trying to go meat/dairy free for a week or two and see if it has any effect on my face. Anyone have any luck eliminating meat and/or dairy? I could eliminate meat with no problem, but cheese/milk? OH my, that would be difficult. I am willing to try anything at this point, but I don't want to start something else while I am trying the BP regimen.

Currently, I have only 2 active pimples... one on my chin and on above my upper lip. Not too shabby! My face is still a little flaky, but only along my hairline. If I don't pick/scrape I don't really have to worry about the flakes. I have notices that my face isn'y as oily during the day as it has been the last 2 weeks. Not sure why but it is a plus. I will try to post pics soon.

My face hasn't changed much since my last post, other than I feel like it is WORSE THAN EVER!!! I am getting really frustrated because I feel like I have been so good at sticking to this regimen just to feel like I have been beat. I know that I haven't even gotten through 2 whole months yet, but I am longing for some light at the end of this awful acne ridden tunnel! My face isn't peeling too bad, other than my eyebrows which seem to always peel. I have noticed that there isn't much flaking by my temples like there has been over the last month. I had so many active pimples today on my forehead. Four active pimples on my forehead and 2 on my cheek. It was really hard to cover the ones on my forehead with makeup today because they were HUGE.

I started Insanity today, an intense 2 month work out-program. It's pretty hard core, so maybe this increase in cardio/exercise will help to level my hormones and clear up my face. One can only hope..... Here are some pics from today after the shower.

post-71693-1294096594_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294096624_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294096679_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294096594_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294096624_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294096679_thumb.jpg

It has been a few days since my last post.... there have been a few changes that have taken place since then. I started the new work-out program called INTENSITY. The name says it all, it is crazzzzyyy. I started it on Monday and will be continuing with it for a few months, 5 times a day. Since Monday, I have only had one new active pimple. However, I still have all of the pimples on my face that are healing from the previous break-out that I posted a pic of. I know that exercise can help to balance out hormones and rid your body of toxins, but I didn't really think it would have this much of a positive impact on my skin!! Has anyone else ever experienced a drastic improvement in acne with increase in cardio/exercise? I'd like to find out......I am still using the BP religiously..... day and night.

Has anyone seen dramatic improvement in their acne with intense cardio?????

Edited by chultzy

Hey guys- I am still seeing great improvement in my skin and I don't think it is because of the Acneefree BP kit that I have been using. I am almost 100% sure that it is due to my new intense cardio work-out program that I started. As previously stated, I started the work-out program called Insanity last Monday and ever since, my red marks are fading and I have only had a few new zits in 8 days. Usually I get about 3-4 new cysts every day. I am still maintaining my BP regimen, but I am thinking that working out is the key.

Here are some pics from tonight when I got out of the shower....

post-71693-1294799208_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294799258_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294799373_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294799208_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294799258_thumb.jpg

post-71693-1294799373_thumb.jpg

Edited by chultzy

My face is getting a little better each day and I still believe it is because of the intense cardio, not the BP. I am am going to test this theory and stop the BP for a little while and see what happens. My face needs a break from the cracking, flaky skin!

Peace.