Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

Please advise me on serums/creams to treat hyperpigmentation

Posted

I've used two so far. One is Aspect and the other is Cosmedix. I have read that serums containing hydroquinone is very risky as it can make things worse and create almost irreversible side effects.

I'm sure there are some people here that have experienced hyperpigmentation and have found an effective product???

:(

Posted
I've used two so far. One is Aspect and the other is Cosmedix. I have read that serums containing hydroquinone is very risky as it can make things worse and create almost irreversible side effects.

I'm sure there are some people here that have experienced hyperpigmentation and have found an effective product???

Try a product called Dermaheal SB (Skin Brightening) if you have the money. I haven't tried it myself but these are professional grade products so it should be the best out there. And it doesn't seem to contain hydroquinone or any other risky ingredients.

Posted

will google it thanks for your tip :)

Posted

i have been asking it time and again but with no reply, could someone tell me what did sammy sosha useon his skin so efffectively

Posted (edited)

when we say hyperpigmentation, do we mean excessive ongoing redness?

i used a product in the past that seemed to work extremely well for ongoing redness. i had an intense ongoing redness that was showing no signs of clearing up 3-4 months after it occured. it was called bioskinrepair and was really expensive. more recently, ive had a look at the ingredients list to work out what the ingredient probably was. luckilly enough, ive since used all the ingredients listed more recently and could easilly look past the ones i knew wouldnt help.

ive worked out it was probably the elderberry oil, which has been shown to lighten wounds considerably. i had a roam on the net and it seems to be mentioned a bit in natural healing circles, so it checks out so far.

since im insanely poor atm (until i find a graduate job), ive simply purchased the elderberry oil, instead of buying the whole bioskinrepair thing again. its $20 (product plus express shipping to Australia) which is a lot cheaper than the $110.

if it works and lightens my new red marks, ill get back to you all.

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

Posted

no not ongoing redness, brown hyperpigmentation. It's really bothering me. Some areas around my mouth are very brown and I have patches of whiter skin and then brown skin. I think the whiter skin is from the serum I have been using. It has made normal skin turn lighter so I'm trying to be more careful about where I put the serum. I read that cosmedix (what i'm using now), is more natural but also is stronger then completely 'natural' creams n serums. And that it doesnt affect non-hyperpigmented skin and won't make matters worse. Hmmmm....

I would like to find a better one though.

By the way, I'm in Sydney now :)

Posted

this works, u have 2 have this made up. TerryWhite Chemists

30g Hydroquinone 5%, Salicyclic Acid 2%, Ascorbic Acid 2% in a Cetaphil Cream

Apple @ night to brown skin areas.

Posted

Jason's Ester C has been working really well for me!

Posted
Jason's Ester C has been working really well for me!

oh welcome to Sydney Buddy! you must tell me if you're liking it here more than Melbourne....many people say Melbourne is better, hence my desire to move BUT i'd hate to be wrong! :cool:

i'm applying for a Melbourne based architectual firm atm...wish me luck!

Posted

Melbourne, Sydney?

I am far, far from either of those places! :ninja:

Posted
Melbourne, Sydney?

I am far, far from either of those places! :ninja:

lol, where are you from?

oh its fine, almost everyone is far away and experiencing winter, while us lucky buggers finally get summer!

i guess it makes it all the more special when people are closer.