Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ldarling87

Dryness due to Accutane

Hi!

Started Claravis (generic Accutane) a little over a week ago and am already getting all the dryness! My lips luckily are still fine, but my face and scalp are peeling! For my face I've been using Origin's Clean Energy facewash and Origin's Make A Difference moisturizing cream...they've worked absolute WONDERS! <3

However, I can't find anything for my scalp! If I don't itch it, it doesn't flake. But one tiny scratch to the scalp and it's dandruff heaven. SO disgusting!!! Anyone know of any remedies??? Thank you!

Fine tooth combs...and a lot of patience. I'd leave skin on the scalp alone. Trying to exfoliate your scalp is just going to lead to fine pieces of dandruff everywhere. Comb out things that actually come off,and leave the rest alone. Slicking your hair back into a bandanna or head scarf hides it well,too.

I know it also sounds gross and terrible...but after a month on tane I barely washed at all. I just ran myself under warm water most of the time. Washing can become a very miserable experience with skin that severely dry...