Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schmooty

Amount of product recommended

Having watched several of the videos on how to apply the products, I can't help but think you are recommending WAY more than is necessary to be effective. More is not better. I guarantee if you use half the amount or even less, especially with the BP, you will see the same results.

I use two and a half(ish) pumps, and if i even just use TWO, i start to break out.

Have you ever noticed how the regular recommended dose of BP (pea size) almost NEVER works? theres a reason we use so much, because it WORKS.

Guest Timehealsall
I use two and a half(ish) pumps, and if i even just use TWO, i start to break out.

Have you ever noticed how the regular recommended dose of BP (pea size) almost NEVER works? theres a reason we use so much, because it WORKS.

i wonder why companies only tell you to use a pea size of BP. i mean NO COMPANY ever recommends more than this. There has to be a reason for this. Maybe too much BP is very bad for the skin?

I mean you would think that companies would advocate using more BP because it would keep more people clearer and thus more people will buy their products, no?

i wonder why companies only tell you to use a pea size of BP. i mean NO COMPANY ever recommends more than this. There has to be a reason for this. Maybe too much BP is very bad for the skin?

I mean you would think that companies would advocate using more BP because it would keep more people clearer and thus more people will buy their products, no?

It works, at least for a LOT of people, your skin eventually adapts, so obviously isn't causing any SERIOUS damage other than a bit of flaking and redness for a while, but it eventually subsides.

It isn't going to severely scar you for life, it isn't going to burn your skin so that you look like a burn victim (unless you're allergic, and if you were, you would know and discontinue use) and it most of all, isn't going to damage your skin in any lasting way, maybe it'll make it dryer and flaky, but i'd MUCH rather have dry and flaky skin instead of acne.

Really, people have discussed how BP is NOT damaging in any way to skin, why must we continue to lollygag over this?

I'm not talking about using too much because it will harm the skin. You just don't need that much in order for it to be effective. Unless you want to just throw your money away constantly replenishing your supply.

I'm not talking about using too much because it will harm the skin. You just don't need that much in order for it to be effective. Unless you want to just throw your money away constantly replenishing your supply.

At first it IS necessary to be effective, once the person is clear, its perfectly acceptable to experiment with BP dosage to see how much it takes to KEEP them clear, but it really is necessary to actually get the person clear.

Some people are able to get away with using less, but some people need the full 4ml dose. If you're able to use less, then you certainly should use less, but if you need the full dose, you should use the full dose.