Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dancer15

LADIES, I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

I used to have BAD acne my senior year in high school. My acne experience ruined my year. I NEVER wanted to go out. All I wanted to do was stay home and treat my skin. I tried anit- biotics (Solodyn) and almost every kind of OTC product available. I was so frustrated that nothing worked. Especially since I was used to having clear skin. When you have acne, as a lady, all you think about is your skin. Putting on make up just made me feel uglier because I knew I wasn't as beautiful as I used to be. I felt like the make up was deceiving people. This especially hurt my relationship with my boyfriend. I would avoid him when my skin was bad and the poor guy didn't understand why.

Now here is the positive. I have not been on this site in months. Why? Because I have no had a single pimple in months. NOT A SINGLE ONE! I no longer have to worry about cysts and pimples. And, all of what I thought were scars, have healed. (I was most excited by this.)

Sprio and Ortho Tri Cyclen SAVED my life. I recently moved off to college and I feel like I have a new beginning. PLEASE give these products a try. I can not even fully put into words how much they have turned my life around!

How long did it take for the ortho tri-cyclen to work? I am thinking about switching to that in December when I go back to my doctor. I've been on Aviane (alesse's generic) for 4 months and my skin isn't clearing up. My back and chest break out for the 3 weeks of active pills..and then starts to clear up during the week I get my period. I really want to try OTC.

AWESOME!!! im happy for u :D ... when did you took spiro? how many mg u take? did u get any side effects? and when did u saw results?

Edited by ZitAckzHater

How long did it take for the ortho tri-cyclen to work? I am thinking about switching to that in December when I go back to my doctor. I've been on Aviane (alesse's generic) for 4 months and my skin isn't clearing up. My back and chest break out for the 3 weeks of active pills..and then starts to clear up during the week I get my period. I really want to try OTC.

It took about 4 months for me to be completely clear with no worries. But from the very beginning each month got better and better. It was sooo nice to finally start seeing continuous improvement. I would definitely try OTC.

AWESOME!!! im happy for u :D ... when did you took spiro? how many mg u take? did u get any side effects? and when did u saw results?

I started taking Spiro about 7 months ago. I was started at 50 mg and thats all I needed. It works best when you take it with a BC pill. And I was lucky and didn't experience any side effects at all. I was surprised because almost every where I read about the product said that I would get a nasty initial break out. Even my dermatologist warned me. But I never got one. I think it is because I started taking the birth control before I was on Spiro so my hormones were already getting leveled out a bit. I started seeing minimal results after the first month. My skin was noticeably less oily and I started to rely less and less on oil blotters. Now I don't even use them at all hardly!