Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So yesterday at school I was sitting there right before class was ebout to begin. the girl in front of me was stressing out about some test, she was moaning about how all this studying was going to make her break out. she turned to my lab partner and asked for his advice, and he just said "Oh..acne. Just wash your face. Thats it!"

then she turned to me and said, "hey what about you, you're kind of an expert on this!"

DO PEOPLE NOT THINK BEFORE THEY TALK?!?! :snooty:

I came home all depressed, told my mom, and all she said was "don't listen to them. " then she came home with a bunch of new products for me to try. She just doesn't know that i want her to tell me I'm beautiful. I haven't heard that phrase since i was 10.

I just want some support/advice. :cry:

Anything would be great. Thanks. :)

Ugh! I know its hard (we all do here!) but beauty is on the inside not the outside. <= So cliche I know, and while I try to believe this its hard looking past appearances. (which is why i'm so obsessed about my acne :()

I agree with you 100%. People do NOT think before they say somethig offensive about acne if they don't have it or haven't experienced it to the full extent. They don't know how emotionally draining it is. To wake up every morning, spend an hour plus just trying to look decent... in my case atleast.

But I hope things start looking up for you soon! :)

I bet that girls ugly ;)

awwwwwwwwwwww.. thats SOOOOOO mean..

but i've heard worse for myself, though i should be used to it by now.

these two girls in front of me were texting each other about my acne and one of them was like eww whatta dirty bitch..

after she said that i glare at her so badly when i see her, she realized not to blurt things out when talking shit about somebody. it hurt so bad when i heard her say that, especially because she was flawless in every aspect and she wastes her time making fun of others.

lool whenever i complain to my mom about my acne she goes " well.. you do have acne so obviously people are going to stare."

Edited by Foreverdoomed

Haha that was kind of funny actually. I mean, not for you of course, I understand that it hurt you emotionally and I feel sorry for you, but what the hell was she thinking? "There's someone with acne, he or she must be an expert!"

I don't really have any advice though, I mean; what to do? Personally I know that I care about what people think, but I try to not care about the stupid opinions, there's no good coming out of it anyway.

Try to cheer up, and good luck with your acne treatment!

They sound like a real twat of a person.

And they are stupid too, i mean if you had acne then surely you would not be an expert. If someone said i was an expert in acne i would be like ''hey bitch, haven't you seen this crap on my face? I clearly don't know shit about getting rid of acne!''

haha thanks guys.

yeah...now that i think about it...that is a little bit hilarious :)

If that girl ever says anyting like that again, I'll make sure to let her know how hurtful it is!!

Definitely feeling better about myself today. Sometimes the best remedy is a good night's sleep.

Ignore it. Everyone (with some kind of noticeable flaw) has gone through this. Your future will surely be better. Living life is going through tough ordeal in finding oneself.

So yesterday at school I was sitting there right before class was ebout to begin. the girl in front of me was stressing out about some test, she was moaning about how all this studying was going to make her break out. she turned to my lab partner and asked for his advice, and he just said "Oh..acne. Just wash your face. Thats it!"

then she turned to me and said, "hey what about you, you're kind of an expert on this!"

DO PEOPLE NOT THINK BEFORE THEY TALK?!?! :snooty:

I came home all depressed, told my mom, and all she said was "don't listen to them. " then she came home with a bunch of new products for me to try. She just doesn't know that i want her to tell me I'm beautiful. I haven't heard that phrase since i was 10.

I just want some support/advice. :cry:

Anything would be great. Thanks. :)

People will always be inconsiderate and people will always be clumsy, just like that girl.

Antibiotics worked well for me when I was a teenager minocyclin and erthromycin were great, but the best thing ever was accutane.

Just remember you're young and things will get better. I don't know when but it will. It did for me.

And when people make shitty comments just remember that one day everything will be just fine.

I honestly think that those who have never suffered from acne truly have no understanding of what it's like and the emotional stress acne places people under. Don't let your acne affect how you view yourself. I know that sounds easier said then done, but honestly you are still you underneath your acne. You can be good looking and attractive despite acne, trust me! No one notices nearly as much as you do yourself.

Ahahah, that's pretty funny.

People are idiots some times. It's hard to cope when people comment on your skin, the realization hits you that they do see it. Just think less of these people. They've probably never had a problem with their self-esteem and health, but if they ever do, they won't be able to handle it as well as you.

Stay strong, don't let acne win.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

lol acne expert bahahah xD