Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

Breaking down the exact cause of my acne, completely natural approach to 100% clear

*This has been edited now that my skin is fastly healing. If you want to ask questions you can here but i only check it every few days*

I'm one of those people who will never say "diet has nothing to do with acne" in my opinion it has everything to do with acne, i mean how can it not? So i've had amazing results with anti candida, paleo etc type diets but none of them have got me completely clear. i know this may be impossible but *fingers crossed* with trial and error of different foods, and an improved exercise regime ( i never exercised on the other diets, hehe my bad :redface: ) i can get back to how my skin used to be before my diet went to crap and i became reeeally lazy, haha.

What i wont be eating: - Red meat (really acidic? makes me feel pretty crappy tbh)

- Gluten ( a few weeks ago i convinced myself this was all in my head and ate bread for the first time in about a year. BIG MISTAKE.

- Soy

- Dairy

- Refined Sugar

- Anything "white" potatoes, white rice etc

- Anything overly salty bacon etc

- Really acid forming foods ( vinegar, lots of meat etc)

My basic meal plan for each day

Breakfast: 3 free range eggs

Handful of natural almonds

3 T of ground linseed

Maybe some sweet potato

15mg Zinc

In between: Try to drink as much water as possible until one hour before lunch

Lunch: Beans with chicken/turkey and lots of garlic, spices, herbs, tomatoes, onions etc in a big pot. Served with quinoa or on its own.

In between: same as above

Dinner: Light serving of some kind of protein and green vegetables

I also eat snacks like tuna and avocado, carrot sticks, etc

Drink detoxifying herbal teas and chi'i mineral water throughout the day.

What i have used on my face in the past:Garnier pure range

Garnier active naturals range

Aveeno positively radiant cleanser

Aloe Vera

Ice

Manuka Honey

Nimue actives range

Clean and clear pimple control kit

Nuetrogena Oil free acne wash

Dermalogica...

The list goes on. None of those worked for me

What i now use on my face and most importantly what works:

Use oriental sulphur soap twice a day

Lemon juice for scars

Mary Kay ivory concealer and mineral powder (never broken me out)

The biggest mistake i've made lately is that once i was clear i got excited and added back like 200000 things at once, haha. so maybe i'll have to control myself this time. i have a feeling there is something really random that i have a bad allergy to because i go from weeks of pretty much clear to like crazy breakouts and i always forget things that i have eaten lately, so HOPEFULLY this, writing down my diet etc will help with that!

:surprised:

SurferGirl656

x

EDIT: 18/12/10

I've realised now after like a month or whatever of playing around what really breaks me out. These are tomatoes, too much meat, brown rice (or really high carbs) and aveeno positively radiant cleanser.

The things they make me completely clear are soaked red kidney beans, nuts, bit of quinoa, veggies, a little chicken and plenty of herbs. Also the liver cleanse and zinc worked wonders, i saw results in just a few days!

Edited by SurferGirl656

Photos!

First three is me today with NO make up :confused: have never done that so dont be mean! haha

and the last one is me with mineral powder on, veeery different ;)

post-94168-1290211276_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211306_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211323_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211425_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211276_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211306_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211323_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290211425_thumb.jpg

Edited by SurferGirl656

At first i clicked the picture and went -Oh, shes wearing make up-, reread the post, stared blankly for a minute, and shouted at my monitor.

YOU DON'T HAVE ACNE, WHY ARE YOU LYING TO ME!

Then i looked REALLY hard, and saw that it was VERY VERY mild.

Is this considered -bad- acne for you? or is this just the -not completely clear- part you were talking about? because i couldn't even notice it for the first five minutes.

Anyway, good luck with your diet! i'm actually tempted to start my own diet, for health reasons, like taking out meat and bread products, but i already went through a -vegetarian- phase, and my parents would think i was going crazy if i started that up again.

At first i clicked the picture and went -Oh, shes wearing make up-, reread the post, stared blankly for a minute, and shouted at my monitor.

Is this considered -bad- acne for you? or is this just the -not completely clear- part you were talking about? because i couldn't even notice it for the first five minutes.

Anyway, good luck with your diet! i'm actually tempted to start my own diet, for health reasons, like taking out meat and bread products, but i already went through a -vegetarian- phase, and my parents would think i was going crazy if i started that up again.

This is DEFINELTY not acne for me! This is the clearest ive ever been! and its from my diet. right now i have no 'major' pimples but like five months ago i would of have 15-20 pimples on my face 3-5 cysts lots of red marks and redness. So by no means am i saying i have severe acne, i used to, my god i had it the worst of most people ive seen on this website. thats mainly my point, this shows exactly what diet can do! :dance:

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Your skin is GORGEOUS!

Perhaps I shall incorporate some of your eating habits :D I already don't eat gluten, rarely eat red meat (just not a big fan of how fatty it tends to be, and the taste isn't as nice as white meat), "white" foods, and overly salty things. I still eat acidic foods, dairy, and some refined sugar. But I try to eat healthy. I'll try cutting down my consumption of processed food though, since I eat a lot of cereal bars and whatnot now. And I've been eating a lot of chips... BAD!

I cut out dairy for a few months, and it didn't help at all. And my acne did not get worse when I started eating it again (after cutting out gluten), so I'll keep eating it. I do like potatoes... maybe I should cut back. A lot. Lol.

Btw, what mineral powder do you wear? I'm thinking of maybe getting back into wearing powder of some sort, but nothing with serious coverage, just a light dusting if I'm wearing eye makeup. I have tried a few brands, they've all either looked nasty or bothered my skin :(

Thank you :wub: that means a lot, seen as though i thought no one would EVER say that to me again! The strange thing is this is the best my skin has ever looked and im on one of my least strict diets ever! Even when i cut out everything besides meat and veges my skin wasnt this good. now i know its probably because meat is very acidic and i was eating LOADS of it, it also clogged me up so much that i felt sluggish and yuck :sick: Eating like i am now got rid of all of that! I think if things dont break you out, go for it. i mean lifes short not to eat some good food! :razz:

I wear Mary Kay mineral powder and concealer because my mum sells it and its also REALLY good! I wear ivory 1 because as you can tell im like crazy pale, :lol:

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Food doesn't ALWAYS cause acne, but it almost always DOES exacerbate it; if you think about it, it makes perfect sense... basically, how could it not (like you said :P)? It's already been detailed by myself and others in too many threads.

Your food plan looks pretty safe to me. The one thing I was not aware of was acidity; I knew it wasn't a good idea to gorge on acid, but a little bit of ACV in a cup of water I wouldn't think would hurt. Red meat is definitely bad; I used to think that because it was so rich in iron, zinc, biotin, pantothenic acid, niacin, and other good stuff, and because I'm a MAN and I like MUSCLE, it wouldn't be a problem, but red meat goes psycho on my skin.

The only red meat my skin doesn't seem to mind a little bit of, however, is the iron-rich shank. Your mileage may vary.

Your skin looks good though! Keep it up! It's a bit red, but that might have to do with your freckles.

Also, I didn't know there were any redheads in New Zealand :P. There certainly aren't many up here, or anywhere else I've been. Seems like the weather would be strange for your skin type.

Edited by treefase93

Your skin is GORGEOUS!

Perhaps I shall incorporate some of your eating habits :D I already don't eat gluten, rarely eat red meat (just not a big fan of how fatty it tends to be, and the taste isn't as nice as white meat), "white" foods, and overly salty things. I still eat acidic foods, dairy, and some refined sugar. But I try to eat healthy. I'll try cutting down my consumption of processed food though, since I eat a lot of cereal bars and whatnot now. And I've been eating a lot of chips... BAD!

I cut out dairy for a few months, and it didn't help at all. And my acne did not get worse when I started eating it again (after cutting out gluten), so I'll keep eating it. I do like potatoes... maybe I should cut back. A lot. Lol.

Btw, what mineral powder do you wear? I'm thinking of maybe getting back into wearing powder of some sort, but nothing with serious coverage, just a light dusting if I'm wearing eye makeup. I have tried a few brands, they've all either looked nasty or bothered my skin :(

Thank you :wub: that means a lot, seen as though i thought no one would EVER say that to me again! The strange thing is this is the best my skin has ever looked and im on one of my least strict diets ever! Even when i cut out everything besides meat and veges my skin wasnt this good. now i know its probably because meat is very acidic and i was eating LOADS of it, it also clogged me up so much that i felt sluggish and yuck :sick: Eating like i am now got rid of all of that! I think if things dont break you out, go for it. i mean lifes short not to eat some good food! :razz:

I wear Mary Kay mineral powder and concealer because my mum sells it and its also REALLY good! I wear ivory 1 because as you can tell im like crazy pale, :lol:

I'm sure you will hear it many times again! I'm super jealous. Maybe your skin and body in general wasn't happy with how restricted you were being! I've never thought of meat causing issues. Do you find one type of meat is worse for you than others? I generally prefer chicken and turkey over all red meat, and LOVE salmon. I also eat a salad usually once a say, yum :D I've never tried reducing my potato intake, but I think I'll try. When I was sick, I barely ate anything other than homemade soup (gluten-free noodles), fruit, veggies, yogurt, cheese, a lot of chicken (I probably ate homemade chicken balls every day, multiple times a day lol). I wasn't eating processed stuff either, or at least barely any of it. My skin was pretty good then, and I wasn't washing my face at all because I was so sick, I couldn't even shower. I'm thinking I'll try going back to that type of a diet, only not be too restrictive about it. I am feeling very inspired by your thread now! I'll definitely keep a physical journal for myself about my eating habits, and try to eat on more of a schedule.

I don't think food really breaks me out on its own, but if it DOES bother my skin, I think it's more about how much I eat, how fast I eat, when I'm eating, and how my body processes the food. I was eating much less, and the last few months I've been eating much larger portions again :(

ngaww so happy to hear i can help inspire you! I don't think meat is that bad for my skin, i mean when i was on paleo i didnt get any pimples but my skin was still looking bad as in redness, marks etc if that makes sense where as now it looks really calm which is oh-so lovely! :surprised: So i would say cutting your meat dramatically isnt needed unless your eating tons of it but maybe just try and cut back a little. i mainly eat chicken and salmon , and i have it once a day with some veges, brown rice etc. Also forgot to mention i use lemon juice and baking soda as a scrub for my skin which has made it so friccin smooth i cant stop touching it ! hehe. seriously its really good and red marks that ive had for ages are clearing up! and if i get a pimple or have a bad red mark i put manuka honey on it which zaps it up like overnight. literally. my favourite thing for a bad pimple which always works for me (did it a few days ago on a real bad spot on my cheek and now its completely gone with no mark!) is to put a really hot flannel on it until it goes cold then put a little bit of lemon juice and manuka honey on top. i leave it for like 3-4 hours and then come back and wash it off with a really hot flannel again. seriously, like magic :dance:

Food doesn't ALWAYS cause acne, but it almost always DOES exacerbate it; if you think about it, it makes perfect sense... basically, how could it not (like you said :P)? It's already been detailed by myself and others in too many threads.

Your food plan looks pretty safe to me. The one thing I was not aware of was acidity; I knew it wasn't a good idea to gorge on acid, but a little bit of ACV in a cup of water I wouldn't think would hurt. Red meat is definitely bad; I used to think that because it was so rich in iron, zinc, biotin, pantothenic acid, niacin, and other good stuff, and because I'm a MAN and I like MUSCLE, it wouldn't be a problem, but red meat goes psycho on my skin.

The only red meat my skin doesn't seem to mind a little bit of, however, is the iron-rich shank. Your mileage may vary.

Your skin looks good though! Keep it up! It's a bit red, but I can't tell if that's freckles or hyperpigmentation.

Also, I didn't know there were any redheads in New Zealand :P. There certainly aren't many up here, or anywhere else I've been. Seems like the weather would be strange for your skin type.

Yeah totally agreed! My skin is pretty freckly but some of that is hyperpigmentation (working on that next) haha. And btw, even though i live in New Zealand i'm actually from england and am half irish half english so maybe thats were i get it from? haha. it is extremely hot right now here :doubt:

This is DEFINELTY not acne for me! This is the clearest ive ever been! and its from my diet. right now i have no 'major' pimples but like five months ago i would of have 15-20 pimples on my face 3-5 cysts lots of red marks and redness. So by no means am i saying i have severe acne, i used to, my god i had it the worst of most people ive seen on this website. thats mainly my point, this shows exactly what diet can do! :dance:

And you barely scarred from it (from what i can tell)

That gives me hope that once all these marks are gone, i won't have horribly uneven skin, it'll just be normal skin for once.

and i would totally try to clear my acne with dieting, but mine is purely genetic and hormonal, every one of my siblings seem to get it at the EXACT same time (9-12) and it continues on until 17-18, and we all eat differing diets, some are healthy, some are just plain disgusting, so i'm pretty sure that route wouldn't work for me :/

i'm glad it works for you though!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Your skin is GORGEOUS!

I'm sure you will hear it many times again! I'm super jealous. Maybe your skin and body in general wasn't happy with how restricted you were being! I've never thought of meat causing issues. Do you find one type of meat is worse for you than others? I generally prefer chicken and turkey over all red meat, and LOVE salmon. I also eat a salad usually once a say, yum :D I've never tried reducing my potato intake, but I think I'll try. When I was sick, I barely ate anything other than homemade soup (gluten-free noodles), fruit, veggies, yogurt, cheese, a lot of chicken (I probably ate homemade chicken balls every day, multiple times a day lol). I wasn't eating processed stuff either, or at least barely any of it. My skin was pretty good then, and I wasn't washing my face at all because I was so sick, I couldn't even shower. I'm thinking I'll try going back to that type of a diet, only not be too restrictive about it. I am feeling very inspired by your thread now! I'll definitely keep a physical journal for myself about my eating habits, and try to eat on more of a schedule.

I don't think food really breaks me out on its own, but if it DOES bother my skin, I think it's more about how much I eat, how fast I eat, when I'm eating, and how my body processes the food. I was eating much less, and the last few months I've been eating much larger portions again :(

ngaww so happy to hear i can help inspire you! I don't think meat is that bad for my skin, i mean when i was on paleo i didnt get any pimples but my skin was still looking bad as in redness, marks etc if that makes sense where as now it looks really calm which is oh-so lovely! :surprised: So i would say cutting your meat dramatically isnt needed unless your eating tons of it but maybe just try and cut back a little. i mainly eat chicken and salmon , and i have it once a day with some veges, brown rice etc. Also forgot to mention i use lemon juice and baking soda as a scrub for my skin which has made it so friccin smooth i cant stop touching it ! hehe. seriously its really good and red marks that ive had for ages are clearing up! and if i get a pimple or have a bad red mark i put manuka honey on it which zaps it up like overnight. literally. my favourite thing for a bad pimple which always works for me (did it a few days ago on a real bad spot on my cheek and now its completely gone with no mark!) is to put a really hot flannel on it until it goes cold then put a little bit of lemon juice and manuka honey on top. i leave it for like 3-4 hours and then come back and wash it off with a really hot flannel again. seriously, like magic :dance:

Ah, I see! Maybe the meat was causing some inflammation or swelling? I know that sometimes I can feel my face swelling a bit and it's really red. But that also happens with my fingers and feet, which is water retention... so I don't know if meat plays a role. I generally eat meat of some kind once a day (if it's twice a day, such as lunch and dinner, it's not a meal based on the meat, but one that incorporates some), usually chicken and salmon.

So, are your suppers pretty much just salmon/chicken and veggies with rice? I wouldn't mind that, but I like to eat meat with my salads, just for added protein and whatnot (and flavour haha). Myabe I can sub chicken for a sprinkle of mozza cheese and just save the meat for supper? I'm wondering what else might taste good in a salad besides meat.. I've tried nuts, but I'm cutting back on them for now (I think they were affecting me, but likely from the omega 6s not being in balance with omega 3s). Maybe tofu... I don't know if I even like tofu now. My dad used to try to get us to eat it, and I'd be so grossed out!

I'd try your scrub, but baking soda and lemon are too harsh for my skin :( But I'm using a yogurt mask nightly, kind of using it like a cleansing milk as well (or will try, since it seems to be making me flaky and is making me purge, so pore gunk sometimes just sticks out LOL, maybe wiping it off with a cotton ball before rinsing would help), and I've read lots of reviews that say it helps with redmarks and breakouts. And honey broke me out! WTF! I've never tried a hot compress, but I've done cold compresses. Do you find the heat makes things rise more so than with cold compresses? Maybe I'll try a hot compress soon, although I don't know what I'd use as an antibacterial. I read that yogurt acts as an antibacterial, so I guess I could use the hot compress before using the yogurt, leave it on as a mask for 5-10 minutes, wipe it off, and rinse, then hot compress again. But I doubt I'll try that just yet, I am still testing out yogurt itself :D

I'm eager to see how your diet affects your skin, as well as whether incorporating your approach helps my skin :D Since I had cut out a lot of what I still eat now when I was sick, I am thinking it might have maybe a bit of impact possibly :D

Yeah i think the meat was doing something like that.. I've never heard of using yogurt before so i hope that works out for you! Normally i use the hot compress when its one of those hella annoying 'under the skin' pimples which i want to get rid of ASAP. the hot water kind of brings its to the surface so that it heals waaay faster, so yeah. My basic meat each day is like this:

Schooldays

Breakfast: 2-3 free range egg omlete or buckwheat pancakes

2 tablespoons of ground linseed

Around 10-40 is my school interval so for that i just have half a litre of water

Lunch: Brown rice with some kind of beans or salad

Maybe a small handful of almonds

When i get home at like 3-30 i'll have some more water and if i'm still hungry i'll have like cucumber or something healthy i can find

Dinner: This is normally my heaviest meal because i get really hungry in the afternoon, haha. So i'll probably have brown rice with lentil curry or chicken with salad and veges

On the weekend i tend to eat a bit less because i'm usually studying for an assignment or with my friends so i cant eat what there eating ( so irritating! haha) and i usually up my water intake to like double because i find it easier to refill my water bottle (dont like drinking school water. yuck. haha) so i do have kind of like a routine but i dont stick to like certain foods everyday. i kind of just eat when i feel like it because i have a really small apetite.

Really yummy and guilt free desserts!

Dessert were one of the hardest things for me when i went from my junk food daily binging to healthy eating. I also had really bad portion control which is probably the worst thing i did out of it all, instead of just having a slice of cake i would eat a whole one. instead of a bit of pizza i had half, so i was really overloading my body on junk. most of the time i wasnt even hungry! so here are two "desserts" that i make when i need something sweet but i dont want to feel bad about. im not really one of those people who can have a "cheat day" because it does my head in, haha, and why cheat on something unhealthy when you can have something taste good that isnt?

Buckwheat Crepes

Taste just like the real thing to me, seriously! i used to eat crepes all the time and like you guessed i would have like 15 instead of 5 covered in sugar filled maple syrup and even more sugar. Now i can eat just as many and not feel bad at all. Awesome!

Ingredients:

2 free range eggs

2 Tbs Buckwheat flour

1-2 Tbs ground linseed (optional)

8-10 drops liquid stevia depending on sweetness you like (or any other natural sweetener)

1/4 cup of filtered water

1. Put a small pan on medium heat and place a small amount of EVOO.

2. Combine all ingredients and whisk until really smooth and thin consistency.

3. Place about a palm size amount (my palms are pretty small, ha) of mixture in the pan and wait till the sides are cooked and flip ( dont brown them because they actually kinda dont just give it a few seconds on the other side)

4. Continue until all the mixture is gone (makes about 15 when i do it) and top with whatever you want, yogurt, fruit etc

I use lemon juice because it is highly alkalising and fruit seems to break me out :confused:

Lemon "Cheesecake"

Ingredients:

1-2 handfuls of almonds/walnuts whatver you want to use

Juice of one large lemon

Stevia or other sweetener

2 free range eggs

Butter or EVOO (i prefer butter)

1. Place the nuts in a blender and blend until they resemble a floury/ breadcrumb like constistency.

2. Place the nuts in an oven safe bowl combined with either butter or EVOO until it is all complacted together and spread across the bottom of the bowl.

3. Bake until nuts are jsut slightly roasted and smell sweet.

4. While thats happening, put a saucepan on medium heat and place lemon juice, sweetener and anything else you want to add (cinnamon, vanilla etc) in the pan until it just starts to bubble and get hot.

5. Slowly add in two whisked eggs while stirring continously until it all comes together. Dont leave it on the heat too long or it will start to look like scrambled eggs (thats bad!) just until it kind of looks like custard.

6. Take the nuts out of the oven and leave out until completely cool, then add the lemon mixture on top and spread evenly. Top with coconut flakes etc if you want and then refrigerate until completely set.

7. EAT! :surprised:

I make this alot when i need something quick that actually tastes like a real dessert. It may not turn out perfect the first time, but keep at it! because trust me, it is seriously yum.

P.S Little info on some of the ingredients and what makes these so healthy

Buckwheat: Contains an antioxidant called quercetin which is anti-inflammatory. Its also high in calcium, B3, folic acid, magnesium, potassium and zinc. Its anti inflammatory and low GI.

Lemon: Has vitamin C, folic acid, calcium and potassium. They enhance liver detoxification and are extremely alkalising. They also remove toxins from the bowel.

Almonds: Contains fatty acids to moisturise the skin from the inside out, and are also alkalising.

Linseed: Linseeds are 50% omega 3 which is vital for good skin! It also has omega 6, protein,

vitamin E, fibre and cleanses your digestive system. They help with weight loss, constipation, protect the liver, stabilise blood sugar, alkalising and sooth digestion. Amazing!

New photos for today! Lemon juice is working so effin well for my scar i cant believe it, the photo of my left side which you cant reall see anything used to be covered from my temple all the way to my jaw in dimply purple/red marks that looked like i'd be seriously like BURNED. i never thought i would get my skin back to "normal"

I do have new breakouts on my right cheek and while the rest looks clear i do have lots of flesh coloured bumps that are very frustrating :think:Also i big note that while my skin is looknig good here thats after 3 YEARS of severe disguiting acne and when i say severe i mean it im not one of those people who thinks 5 pimples is severe. i would spend days praying for 5 pimples because was i had was more like 20-30. So if anyone of here wants to tell me "you dont have acne" and "stop complaning" let me tell you the road to now was not easy. i've definetly had my fair share of very bad skin days.

post-94168-1290284022_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290284033_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290284044_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290284022_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290284033_thumb.jpg

post-94168-1290284044_thumb.jpg

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Yeah i think the meat was doing something like that.. I've never heard of using yogurt before so i hope that works out for you! Normally i use the hot compress when its one of those hella annoying 'under the skin' pimples which i want to get rid of ASAP. the hot water kind of brings its to the surface so that it heals waaay faster, so yeah. My basic meat each day is like this:

Schooldays

Around 10-40 is my school interval so for that i just have half a litre of water

When i get home at like 3-30 i'll have some more water and if i'm still hungry i'll have like cucumber or something healthy i can find

Dinner: This is normally my heaviest meal because i get really hungry in the afternoon, haha. So i'll probably have brown rice with lentil curry or chicken with salad and veges

On the weekend i tend to eat a bit less because i'm usually studying for an assignment or with my friends so i cant eat what there eating ( so irritating! haha) and i usually up my water intake to like double because i find it easier to refill my water bottle (dont like drinking school water. yuck. haha) so i do have kind of like a routine but i dont stick to like certain foods everyday. i kind of just eat when i feel like it because i have a really small apetite.

Yogurt gets great reviews online, so I'm hoping it works well for me :D I just hate that it's already making me purge :( Hm, have you ever used a hot compress on the ones that are already on the surface? Like pustules or papules? I'm wondering if icing them just means that they will come back up to haunt me in the near future, since it's just bringing all the swelling down but not helping to bring all the gunk up to heal faster.

Nice schedule! I think I need to learn to eat less. I an a horrible snacker. I can seriously eat for hours after my classes and then after supper again. I wish I had a smaller appetite, because right now I eat SO MUCH. My salad for instance was probably enough for 2, although it's all just veggies and homemade dressing. I'll have to cut back my portions and eat healthier snacks during the day, adn drink more water. I have a hard time with water, because I'm SO lazy lol. There is a sink/fountain near my one class which tastes disgusting, but it's the only fountain I've been able to find that is near that classroom. Arg. I drink a lot while working out, though. Maybe I just need to be more active throughout the entire day to make me drink more water.. but I'm too lazy :razz:

Those recipes you posted sound yummy! Too bad I don't eat eggs (mildly allergic). I guess I can try egg replacer :D

And your skin, still gorgeous, as is your face in general! I'd kill for large eyes like yours. I hate those flesh bumps, I have them too :( Although they seem to be dying down on their own a bit over time.

Since lemon is working so well for you, maybe I should try it out soon! Once I've seen whether yogurt works for my skin, of course. I don't know how I'd go about using it, though. Probably just once a week or something in my yogurt as a longer and thicker mask before showering. How often are you using lemon on your face in a week to have seen these results? If I didn't have my scarring, my face would look seriously pretty great aside from the flesh bumps, the few clogs, and the few minor bumps I have now.

I dont think i've ever used the hot water on actual pimples because i usually pick at them (bad i know :redface: haha) Snacking is something i used to always do aswell! like constantly, my mum would always be like "your still hungry?!" because i just loved to eat and even if it was mostly healthy it probably wasnt good to eat so much. i kinda realised it must have an effect on my skin when i was really sick for a week and at the end of it i had really good skin. i though it might just be that my body was focused on getting better instead of causing acne but now i think it was the fact that was eating a whole lot less that i usually did because i just didnt feel like it. it also made me realise that i dont need to exercise to have good skin (i was on the couch for like a week straight, haha) but i still do anyway because i know its good for me! not overlly crazy though because like you said i can be veeery lazy too. haha!

When my skin was still quite bad, like around a month ago ( 5-8 pimples, a few cysts etc) i only used lemon juice like once a week or maybe less because i was so scared of aggravating my skin any further, now that its alot more calm i kinda use it whenever i can be bothered like once every two days. its gotten rid of my light red marks really quick but i still have some stubborn deep red marks from really bad cysts a while ago that will probably take longer ( they didnt come up in the photo for some reason..? :think: ) so yeah, i'll let you no how it goes with trying to get rid of them.

Oh, and btw thanks for the compliments :wub: from time to time people would tell me i was pretty but i could never believe them when i had severe/ cystic acne because i couldnt even see past that to my features! im slowly starting to learn to accept compliments from people now my skin is alot better but i still think i have a lot more to go with the whole "emotional" healing of acne. ive had some pretty dark times in the past :cry: and its also funny you point out my eyes coz there something i actually really dont like, but i guess its not so bad? haha i always thought i look like a little bug esp when i was younger :lol:

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Schooldays

Yogurt gets great reviews online, so I'm hoping it works well for me :D I just hate that it's already making me purge :( Hm, have you ever used a hot compress on the ones that are already on the surface? Like pustules or papules? I'm wondering if icing them just means that they will come back up to haunt me in the near future, since it's just bringing all the swelling down but not helping to bring all the gunk up to heal faster.

Nice schedule! I think I need to learn to eat less. I an a horrible snacker. I can seriously eat for hours after my classes and then after supper again. I wish I had a smaller appetite, because right now I eat SO MUCH. My salad for instance was probably enough for 2, although it's all just veggies and homemade dressing. I'll have to cut back my portions and eat healthier snacks during the day, adn drink more water. I have a hard time with water, because I'm SO lazy lol. There is a sink/fountain near my one class which tastes disgusting, but it's the only fountain I've been able to find that is near that classroom. Arg. I drink a lot while working out, though. Maybe I just need to be more active throughout the entire day to make me drink more water.. but I'm too lazy :razz:

Those recipes you posted sound yummy! Too bad I don't eat eggs (mildly allergic). I guess I can try egg replacer :D

And your skin, still gorgeous, as is your face in general! I'd kill for large eyes like yours. I hate those flesh bumps, I have them too :( Although they seem to be dying down on their own a bit over time.

Since lemon is working so well for you, maybe I should try it out soon! Once I've seen whether yogurt works for my skin, of course. I don't know how I'd go about using it, though. Probably just once a week or something in my yogurt as a longer and thicker mask before showering. How often are you using lemon on your face in a week to have seen these results? If I didn't have my scarring, my face would look seriously pretty great aside from the flesh bumps, the few clogs, and the few minor bumps I have now.

I dont think i've ever used the hot water on actual pimples because i usually pick at them (bad i know :redface: haha) Snacking is something i used to always do aswell! like constantly, my mum would always be like "your still hungry?!" because i just loved to eat and even if it was mostly healthy it probably wasnt good to eat so much. i kinda realised it must have an effect on my skin when i was really sick for a week and at the end of it i had really good skin. i though it might just be that my body was focused on getting better instead of causing acne but now i think it was the fact that was eating a whole lot less that i usually did because i just didnt feel like it. it also made me realise that i dont need to exercise to have good skin (i was on the couch for like a week straight, haha) but i still do anyway because i know its good for me! not overlly crazy though because like you said i can be veeery lazy too. haha!

When my skin was still quite bad, like around a month ago ( 5-8 pimples, a few cysts etc) i only used lemon juice like once a week or maybe less because i was so scared of aggravating my skin any further, now that its alot more calm i kinda use it whenever i can be bothered like once every two days. its gotten rid of my light red marks really quick but i still have some stubborn deep red marks from really bad cysts a while ago that will probably take longer ( they didnt come up in the photo for some reason..? :think: ) so yeah, i'll let you no how it goes with trying to get rid of them.

Oh, and btw thanks for the compliments :wub: from time to time people would tell me i was pretty but i could never believe them when i had severe/ cystic acne because i couldnt even see past that to my features! im slowly starting to learn to accept compliments from people now my skin is alot better but i still think i have a lot more to go with the whole "emotional" healing of acne. ive had some pretty dark times in the past :cry: and its also funny you point out my eyes coz there something i actually really dont like, but i guess its not so bad? haha i always thought i look like a little bug esp when i was younger :lol:

Oh no, picking! I hope you are trying to stop. Picking = the devil. I swear, my acne likely wouldn't be half as bad now had I not picked a few months ago :(

I also can easily pig out on healthy foods. Yesterday, I ate two pomegranates in one sitting. I think I just need to keep it as a schedule: filling breakfast, and if hungry before lunch eat a small snack like a few baby carrots, eat a good lunch full of veggies, eat a snack a few hours later (just ate some fruit and a teeny bit of honey, because I love honey!), then eat supper. If I'm hungry a few hours before bed, eat a few veggies or a couple of rice crackers. I often eat even when I'm not that hungry, but it's a habit I've had my entire life. My whole family does this as well, and it's what caused me to go up to 190 pounds a little less than a year ago :wall:

I know how you feel. There are two guys that I think are interested in me, but I cannot see why! I constantly spot them glancing my way, but all I'm thinking is "crap, are they staring at my acne?" even though it's not even that bad right now. Don't worry, it does get easier. My skin was greatly improved during my last year of high school and up until this past spring (when I was my least healthy by the way), and I didn't feel that self-conscious about my skin, even though I still had some scarring. Lol I dunno, large eyes are just so... pretty! I can't explain why, I just love large eyes! And they work nicely with your other features, so it's not like you are out or proportion or something.

Mmm, i no! def need to stop touching/picking at my skin, it makes it waay worse. I've realised something lately that i never even thought about before aswell that when i think about my skin/ become self concious/ tell myself i dont look good my skin gets so much worse. like last weekend i went surfing for the first time in ages which i LOVE with a group of my friends. basically that day and the next few days my skin was reeeally good, but as soon as i went back to school and was worrying about my exams and people looking at me and critizing me my skin had its first breakout in a really long time and the more i thought about it the worse it got. So another thing that must be vital in me getting back to completely clear is just to stop giving myself such a hard time. i am so outgoing and lazy with everything besides my skin its like i have to have perfection or its just not good enough.

and btw i also have a HUGE crush on a senior at my school next year he's in his last year and im in my third so he basically has no idea i exist because we have no classes together. he is literally too.die.for and he plays in a band that everyone in school goes crazy for :wub: i keep telling myself "when im totally clear i'll talk to him" or "when im clear i'll ask him out" i think i need to stop being such a wuss and DO IT hahah. i saw him looking at me for a reeal long time in my opinion as i came out of art class one day so you never know right? the number one thing that sucks about guys for me though is when im wearing make up (which is like everyday) they dont see any flaws but i no some day if were going out he'll have to see me completely bare faced. that kinda scares me :(

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

quote]

I've always wondered whether my negative thinking could be attributing to my current skin issues :( When I was sick, I obviously didn't have the time to scrutinize my skin, or care about my skin, and it started looking better! Even when I was getting better, I'd look in the mirror and not think abuot my skin all that much. We obviously need to start using positive mantras when we are in situations that might cause us to be unhappy with our skin! I understand the perfection thing. Even when my skin was nice, I was so unhappy if I'd get one new blemish or scar.

Goodness, we are in the same boat! Why don't you try going to school without makeup one day? I've been going bare-faced for a long time now, and it's scary, but it's worth it to know whether he still looks over at you for quite some time and doesn't care about your skin.

I think tomatoes may be one of my possible skin triggers :think: i dont know if they could actually do that for any reason but i realised thats what ive added back in the last few days when my skin has been getting worse and i just had tomatoes with my dinner and now i feel reeeal sick. i dunno, maybe its in my head? i tend to do that with food, im so set on finding my trigger foods i convince myself that like everything is bad. i got in a real dark place with that about a month ago where i wouldnt eat pretty much anything because i thought it would break me out. lead to a whole lotta anxiety and guilt for no real reason. i dont want to finally get rid of acne but gain an eating disorder! now i think i have a better outlook on food.

Today i was kinda stressed because im in a variety show production at christmas and am the lead in the Hairspray song 'You can't stop the beat' its really fast and has ALOT of dance moves that kinda throw me off a bit, haha. But oh well, i need to suck it up ;)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Soo... new breakouts. The most i've had in a long time :think: I've been eating ALOT of brown rice lately and beans. I normally eat brown rice without a problem so maybe its the chickpeas, lentils etc i've been filling up on. I think i'm gonna have to go back to my mainly paleo diet and then add them back in just to make sure :rolleyes: But i have no idea how to get fibre on the paleo diet..? Because i no cleaning out my system is one of the main reason i got really clear lately and why i wasnt completely on paleo. Ugh, this is so confusing. Haha :lol:

On another note i did something very fun last night. My mum is a very spritual kinda person and it was a full moon where her and her friends do this "releasing" ritual, haha sounds like crazy person stuff but not really, trust me. Basically you go somewhere really quiet with a pen and paper and write down all the things you want to release yourself of and how that will make you better. Like one of mine was " i want to release obsessing over every single food so that i can have a healthier outlook on my diet and be balanced" etc... Then the funner bit. Burn it into little crumbs! I did this outside in the fireplace but you can do it anywhere as long as your safe ;) I sat there watching it and i actually felt really good. Like all the "bad" shit about me was just disappearing. Im a cancer starsign and im a BIG hoarder of emotions, so no one even knows half the stuff i wrote down. I think i need to get better at expressing how i feel because i tend to completely isolate myself when stuff goes bad.

:idea:

Now i think about it, my diet hasnt really changed drastically lately since these breakouts but my mind has. I had a big fight with my mum two nights ago and what happened? BAM next day have a big painful pimple of my right cheek. Then yesterday i was feeling really negative because of the pimple at school and was being really nasty and horrible to people.. ( This is what i do, bad trait i know...) and now i have even more breakouts. Connection? I'm not sure.. But i'll try and be a little bubble of smiles today and see what happens.. haha ;)

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape