Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm nearly in my third week on Accutane now and my skin is starting to get flaky. Mostly where I have acne. Never used moisturisers before because skin was oily enough and super sensitive so would always break out wearing moisturiser. Feel it's necessary to start doing so now, can anyone recommend an effective light moisturiser that works well with Accutane? Also I don't like scented moisturisers. Anyone tried the Johnson's Daily Essentials range of moisturisers?

There's a Eucerin that comes in a jar,I think it's part of their redness relief line. Anyways,check the label and make sure it has tapioca starch in it...then you know it's the right one.

I used that while on tane and it was heaven.Like pudding on your skin.

I'm nearly in my third week on Accutane now and my skin is starting to get flaky. Mostly where I have acne. Never used moisturisers before because skin was oily enough and super sensitive so would always break out wearing moisturiser. Feel it's necessary to start doing so now, can anyone recommend an effective light moisturiser that works well with Accutane? Also I don't like scented moisturisers. Anyone tried the Johnson's Daily Essentials range of moisturisers?

Hello :)

I feel your pain! I recommend: Simple- kind to skin hydrating light moisturiser.

I also have sensitive skin, and this didnt seem to bother me too much (it did turn my face red when i first started using it, but then as my skin softened, so did the redness) It can also be applied to your lips as it has no smell or taste. It can appear to be a tad oily though so i wouldnt recommend lathering your skin before going out because it does make your face look greasy, but i would always apply a thin layer before going out, a thin layer when i came home, and then quite a bit before I went to bed, seemed to work for me! I'm still using it now, along with simples other products, I love them :) good luck with your treatment! x