Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BuffyForever

Benzoyl peroxide and Clyndamicin phosphate gel?

My doctor just prescribed me this, it's something like bp 5% clyndamycin 1% or something like that.. anybody ever had it? Is it good? my doctor and the pharmacist told me it's very good.

have never used BP 5%, i usually use the standard 2.5% (at least i think thats what i use..). anyways, my doc recently perscribed my the clindamycin phosphate gel. i have very mild acne and it didnt do anything for me... sad i know. its a topical antibiotic, so i've heard your skin can get used to it and it can stop working. one plus of the clindamycin gel is it's really non-drying and wears well under makeup and other products.

i use topical ziana which is a combo of .025% tretinoin and clindamycin gel and it works amazing. so maybe it'll work for you, i really hope it does!!

My doctor just prescribed me this, it's something like bp 5% clyndamycin 1% or something like that.. anybody ever had it? Is it good? my doctor and the pharmacist told me it's very good.

It's very good. :P The BP helps infection AND stops the bacteria from getting resistant to clindamycin. I'm glad to see more docs doing this. It's very smart.

thankyou for the replies guys! :) just a question.. should I leave the gel on over night and wash off in the morning and then moisturise? or not? also does it help with small scars and red marks left over from old acne?

also.. I'll keep this post updated with my process.. this is my first day of using it, I'll let you know how things go tomorrow :D

Edited by BuffyForever

Well this is what I did, and still do when I get a pimple or 2...

Wash face with the SFC lotion that came with it and apply it overnight (not as a spot treatment - rub it in) only on the affected areas. Let dry completely and then moisturize after. Then wash it off in the morning with the SFC lotion again and just moisturize again for the day.

If you're face gets irritated apply it every other day. Np and good luck, DUAC has helped me, I also used Finacea which was the main thing that made me 100% clear but DUAC is probably all you'll need.