Find results in...
sunshine21

Hello all! DKR+scar 'treatment'

Hi!

These are my supplies:

DKR

-------

Cetaphil facewash

4% Benzoyl Peroxide (I am out of the US and this is the only concentration there was at the local pharmacy! I'll be on the lookout for 2.5%)

Boots moisturising lotion

Supplements

----------------

Vitamin C

Lemon juice

Extras/Scar treatment

-----------------

I also have a Clarisonic and Jason's Ester C which is a topical vitamin C serum. Both have worked really well for me, even recently..but I really don't know how to incorporate them into the regimen.

I have some acne scarring, especially on my left cheek, and I was using the Lemon+Vinegar method with Jason's and it was working really well, especially since many of my scars are recently. But..I want to be clear and scarfree, so I'm starting off with DKR and hoping to re-incorporate vinegar and vitamin C.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from anyone who is battling acne and dealing with scars at the same time!

Day 1 starts tomorrow!

hey there,

if you are using Boots lotion, you may be in London, or UK somewhere. The local pharmacy has 2.5% BP from PanOxyl for 3GBP.

I now smear my face with 1 capsule Vitamin E Oil, 5 drops of jojaba oil, and 5 drops of Seabuckthorn seed oil. And soaks in really good.. and my hyperpigmentation is slowly going away and helps with dryness. hope this helps!

Thank you FT Weekend!

I am using Boots lotion, but I bought it passing through the UK and don't actually live there. I'm working in a developing country at the moment, but I hopefully I'll either locate 2.5% BP here or ask my family to bring it when they visit me around the holidays.

The capsules of Vitamin E..are they the same kind that you take internally? If those, those should be available and I will definitely look into it.

Day 1

--------

Morning: DKRt+spot treating hyper-pigmentation an hour later with Vitamin C

Night: DKR+Clarisonic+spot treating hyper-pigmentation an hour later with Vitamin C

Notes-I had about 4-5 active zits. It seems like they are drying out by the end of day one and the swelling has gone down. My skin is somewhat dry but not bad at all, and I've been feeling a little bit of burning. Lots of trouble with my chin lately, but it seems like acne strikes me in one place relentlessly until it gives up altogether and chooses a new location. Before, it used to be along my hairline and cheeks, and now that my acne is on my chin, I rarely see anything forming on my cheeks.

Day 2

---------

Morning: Cetaphil+Estee Lauder Hydrationist

Notes- My chin was peeling, so I opted out of BP and went straight to moisturizer. I know--you have to stick to the regimen to make it work. If I'm not clear in 3-4 weeks, then I'll go to a DKR only regimen.

is your scarring pitted or is it just hyperpigmentation? if its pitted, i would not suggest using the dkr because it can cause further scarring if you have a breakout. the bp slows down skin healing where you apply the bp. search for more threads on here if you are curious as to why. good luck man. i used dkr for about 9 months. it made me stay clear the whole time. probably got a small pimple every 3 weeks or less. good regimen. cant be lazy with it though.

Edited by dykim90

I have both hyper-pigmentation and indented scars.

DYK, I really, really appreciate the heads-up. I had no idea that BP slowed down healing. I will look further into this. Luckily the acne I have right now is mostly on my chin and a little on my forehead, and those are regions that I haven't scarred in yet, so I will keep trying the DKR. Most of my scarring is on my cheeks, so if my acne starts to reappear there I will cut out the benzoyl peroxide.

That leaves me with this question: Is it counteractive to use both BP and Vitamin C at the same time, as one slows down healing and the other speeds it up?

Also, does BP enlarge pores?

My "logic" was that since the BP was peeling off skin, the Vitamin C would have a better chance of penetrating the scars. However, I see that that is flawed because the BP has the added side effect of slowing down healing Hmmn..should I stop applying BP to the areas that I do not have acne? I already avoid my hose and the basically the inch surrounding as I rarely/never get acne there.

Night: DKR+Clarisonic, with Vitamin C as a spot treatment. I did accidentally spot treat some small acne bumps with the Vitamin C which I thought had already healed. It was only when I touched it that I realized it was acne and not hyper-pigmentation. My skin is dry and flaking, and burned when I put on lotion. The 3-4 acne spots that I have are still around; I think the combination of BP and Clarisonic have done a number on them. They have gone down, two look sort of bruised and not as if they're healing nicely, one has popped, and the other is just going down. Fingers crossed that they heal ok.

Day 3

--------

Morning: DKR.

Debated seriously if I should use BP today as my skin is peeling, and I am using a higher concentration than others at 5%. The 4-5 zits that I had are all still around, and squashed, leathery, and altogether sort of ugly even though they have gone down. This morning, I wondered if I should do night-only BP since I am using a 5% concentration, but..I am too scared of a break out to phase down my BP this early.

I think I might have some comodogenic acne, as I have some tiny pink acne bumps around my temples. I wonder if its from residual make up, or careless washing, etc. I also have pretty bad sleep patterns/habits, and I wonder if this is playing into my acne.

I am also considering changing my moisturizer, but I'm not sure if its confusing for my skin to adjust back and forth between moisturizers. I'm also scared to deviate from my current moisturizer because I am pretty sure it doesn't break me out, but at the same time, it is just too light. Will be thinking about this.

Edited by sunshine21

After reading about BP slowing-down the healing process, and seeing this in effect on the 4 zits on my face, I am a worried about using it on a regular basis and think that I should not have put it on my active zits.

Edited by sunshine21

Vit C serum gives me one, inflamed zit every once in a while; I thought it would phase out, especially six weeks into of Vit C use. I'm going to start pairing the Vit C with my moisturizer to see if that makes a difference. Not the case, and now I have a new zit on top of the 3-4 that are healing really really slow.

Last night: DKR and spot treats with Vit C

This morning: DKR, but with Body Shop's Vit C moisturizer because I have a couple capsules left and want to finish it up.

Its too bad that I have to basically chose between BP and a scar treatment, and I am hoping that my use of BP isn't going to make my scar treatment harder from now on. My scars are fairly fresh, and they were clearing up really fast with Lemon+Vinegar and Vit C. So.. I hope I'm not sealing the deal on those scars by using BP.

Night: Cetaphil and Clarisonic. I mixed my moisturizer and the Vit C serum in a test to see if it will still clog my pores. Use the same amount of serum and moisturizer.

hi Sunshine

Yes the vitamin E capsules is what I use, I would take one internally and use one to put on my face at night. Now have been putting the vit E oil on my face during the day time and yes my face is greasy looking, but in an hour's time it's pretty much normal again.

I'm actually happy to have the scars as oppose to the breakouts - at least my face doesn't hurt! It's a very slow process so there is lots of patience involved. But it's certainly worth it. I may try to skip bp every other night just so I can have the scar treatments on my skin directly. But also afraid of breaking out again! yikes. what a dilemma...

FT--I am in the same boat. I'm sticking more strongly to DKR and I'm only going to spot treat with Vit C (no BP on the spots), and hopefully that will do the trick. I think maybe I ought to just take care of one problem before working on another, so I'm going to focus my energies on clearing up before I work on scars. Fingers crossed that I clear up completely!

Morning: DKR.

Night: DKR.

My face is turning lobster red after BP+moisturizer ever since I started doing BP twice a day..

Mine did the exact same when I went to two pumps. How are your sleep patterns?

My face is turning lobster red after BP+moisturizer ever since I started doing BP twice a day..

My sleep patterns are bad; I have a hard time sleeping.

Morning:DKR

Night:DKR

I had an especially bad day today. Had 3-4 NEW zits show up, and I popped two (that I knew might even pop when I would towel my face off after washing it. Two zits isn't so bad, but..I am just so exhausted. I have acne, and scars, and pores, and red marks, and on top of it all I look lobster red and my skin is peeling in some places. People 'get' acne. But, people start to ask questions when you're bumpy, red, scarred and dotted, and peeling apart. Yellow on the zits, brown on the spots, red on the other zits, white where its peeling..I don't really blame people for wondering. :(:(

Does BP ever give people brown spots? I feel like large, maybe dime sized spots of my skin are sort of brownish looking. I wonder if its dead skin?

I've been doing DKR nights and moisturizer days, often with a turmeric mask. I've had two zits which I am fairly certain are clogged pores from Vit C serum which I've been using to spot treat.

If there is anyone else having trouble with Vit C serum clogging pores, you might want to try it as a spot treatment before DKR/face washing ritual. I'm still testing this out, but I try use it an hour or two before I know I'm going to wash my face, to see if that cuts down on the effects.

My skin looks and feels decent, and it feels calm. No peeling, etc. and no new breakouts. Old zits are fading well, and the two new ones don't look so bad either. I've also been taking my Vit C supplements, drinking lemon water, and eating and applying turmeric to my face. If this keeps working, I'll write my whole regimen down and post it with directions.

I just wanted to attach a picture of my scars for future reference. These are the worst ones, and they're on my left cheek.

Overall, I'm sticking to DKR nights and moisturizer only days. It seems to be working well..no flakes, no dryness, but no new zits either. Hoping that this keeps working..

Still taking Vit C and lemon water.

Yayaya!

NO new zits. 3-4 days, and NO NEW ZITS.

Even my dark spots are breaking up, from a little mass to smaller spots with clear skin in between. I'm finally figuring out what is working for me:

Morning: wash face; moisturize

Night: turmeric or egg white mask, followed by BP and then moisturizer

The turmeric and egg white masks have been so good for my red marks. Really, really really good. And clean, and effective. I've abandoned by Vit C for the time being--once my red marks are gone, I will see about re-introducing it for my indented scars. And, my skin is not too dry or too anything right now. I realize I've gotten off the path of DKR, but if it keeps working, I'll stick to BP once a day. If I start to break out, I'll go back to a strict DKR. Yay! Life is good.

No new zits, again.

However, improvement seems to be "stagnated". My skin is dull looking, and the 3-4 zits I used to have are healing so slowly. I miss the glow that the Vitamin C serum gave me, but I'm not willing to sacrifice clear skin to get it back. Hoping seriously that I can figure out a way to re-integrate it without causing acne.

Ugly big pores are my new concern. Are they pores, are they ice pick scars? I dont know.

Thanks CY! I will keep hanging on, though I'm doing BP nights only.

Things are looking good, and no new acne. Have been slacking on the turmeric masks and lemon juice..will restart both tomorrow!