Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joris

Joris' diet log

My history: I've had acne for 4yrs now. Moderate acne mostly. Lot of red marks though. Lot of over counter products, mostly just cleansers (2x a day for more then 2yrs). After that I started the regimen. It seemed like it was going the right way. But in the meanwhile my skin was damaged. It was sun sensitive, flaky, white etc... I didn't like putting the stuff on everyday. I did it first 2 weeks, then kinda got interrupted by holiday to Greece for 1wk and by my health (bacterial infection, 2.5 weeks of heavy antibiotics), after that i did it one month. I didn't do a lot about my acne after that. After a few months I ordered colostrum which was stupid. Did that also 1 month. Didn't do shit (and its not really good to take, don't look into it) After that I've been trying to get my diet right. I suspect dairy/gluten/yeast/wheat as a cause. Currently I also have sinus infection.

My diet:

Meat fish eggs fruits and veggies. Basically whatever I want. Although I try to limit meat a bit lately. And increase fish (high omega 3, low mercury salt water fish). And of course try to get enough veggies (green + onion family + root family especially). Some nuts (not high omega 6) and some veggie oils (not high in omega 6) and butter for baking is allowed. Not to much calories, and at least 2-3hours between meals minimum.

Drinks: Water and tea (green, rooibos and lemon, looking for other good ones and/or leafs instead of bags)

Besides that Im gonna do interval 3x a week (around 30min total workout) and 3x a week strenght training (20-30min).

And sleep not later than 12PM

Not allowed: alcohol even no wine :cry: , processed foods, dairy, gluten etc..

1x a week whole wheat pasta allowed...

competition

Competetition who can keep their diet the longest vs bloody corpse deamon

more about it here

Edited by joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

I would take out the eggs, put in fish , seeds (sunflower ) A tbsp of applecider vinger with water 1st thing in the morning & bf bed. Fresh garlic, green veg. Red wine has great property and red papaya.

why take out the eggs?

another thing: I cant cut them out.

I still go to school and I dont try to eat to weird. (veggies fish etc xD)

So whats a regular day for me:

Morning: 2fruits (currently orange and kiwi), 3 carrots, some olive oil with half an egg and a tomato. Spinach is out of season and I think things like cabbage,lettuce etc are kinda tough on the stomach early on. (Is this so? Some people say you have to eat some fruits in morning to jumpstart your digestion). Also it takes a lot of time. I have to buy a new blender that might be a solution (green smoothies). I would like to eat blueberries but my mom thinks they are to expensive, so I only eat big fruit. Maybe I could start eating raw fish in morning.

During the day

3fruits (2apple 1banana) + 3.5eggs (they are on 2slices of bread but I always try to sneakily throw the bread away so it comes down to eating 3slices of bread a week.

Snack: veggies or apple (lettuce(thats the name right?) + carrots - i really need more and better vegies....)

Dinner:

150g of meat

250g of veggies (kale, different kind of cabbage chicory etc

25g of potatoes (not a lot)

snacks: the same as above

I need to eat more and different kinds of veggies. That's for sure. But I cant change my diet during the day.

Edited by joris

Day 1:

I had 3 snacks... But thats a huge improvement to my earlier on snacking. Felt so great before I snacked. Today Im really not going to snack.

No acne results yet of course...

Edited by joris

Week 2

Ok I'm around 2 weeks in now. I cheated the first 2 days. But after that it went pretty great.

I'm really energenic. I almost jump out of my bed everyday. (my usual is being tired untill 0-3PM) My acne is clearing pretty good. Almost no active acne on cheeks although my forehead still has some actives.

My cheats of the past 2 weeks (from worse to less worse):

First 2 days I still ate around 2-3 snacks a day.

Last (not this) saturday I snacked 3 things.

Last thursday I ate a small amount of dessert and some pasta. Also 2 beers, 2tequila, b52 and some white wine.

Last week ive been snacking a lot of fruits (6 in evening!) But still if you compare this GL to the 5 processed snacks I ate before my diet then its nothing.

Ate 6 slices of bread during these 2 weeks (Along with eggs at school)

Ate a few plates of soup and some dressing. (Both dont have that much calories and were eaten along with a big dinner with lots of fat protein and fiber.

Ate some potatoes.

Still have to keep my diet for 2weeks. Depending on the results ill see by then I might try to make the best of the christmas dinner by not eating lots of icecream etc. Then ill be able to keep it untill 31dec...

Results:

• Lots and lots more energy!!! :D:D
  • Breakouts reduced to 10-20%
  • Forehead acne around 90%
  • Other acne reduced to 50%
  • Blackheads same
  • Redheads same.
  • Overall: I think a reduction to 75%
Edited by joris

I have some painful inflamed zits at the moment. I think I'm still eating something I'm allergic to. I guess im going to cut apples since it's probably fruit or the eggs I eat.

List op most likely sensitivities:

-still bread since I still eat/snack a little bit.

-apples

-eggs

-oranges

-bananas

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

woohoo necrobumpz? :shifty: well anyhow good luck with our competition n diets joris! ;)

Ye its competition time, me vs bloody corpse deamon (you know the one who spells everything wrong :P). Longest without cheats , (and Im gonna win) :catdance: hehe. We started today. And we end well I dont know, never? Im not gonna loose so...

Anywayz good luck fungl.., eh bloody corpse deamon.

Im gonna improve the diet Im on. Mainly focusing on more good veggies. And more variety. If I dont seem to clear my diet will get stricter. Might also do some ACV, onion thingiez.

The dietplan :

Meat fish eggs fruits and veggies.

Although I try to limit meat a bit lately. And increase fish (high omega 3, low mercury salt water fish). And of course try to get enough veggies (green + onion family + root family especially). Some nuts (not high omega 6) and some veggie oils (not high in omega 6) and butter for baking is allowed. Not to much calories, and at least 2-3hours between meals minimum.

Drinks: Water and tea (green, rooibos and lemon, looking for other good ones and/or leafs instead of bags).

Besides that Im gonna do interval 3x a week (around 30min total workout) and 3x a week strenght training (20-30min).

And sleep not later than 12PM :(

Not allowed: alcohol even no wine cry.gif , processed foods, dairy, gluten etc..

1x a week whole wheat pasta allowed... :shhh:

Yay already 12hours in :proud: only a lot more to go...

ps. :catdance::catdance::catdance:

Edited by joris

hey joris that sounds like good plan :)

but what about greens? green smoothies?

& what kind of butter ur using there? ghee or reg? isnt butter dairy? :think: or its ok with u? doesnt break u out?

about tea. theres also mate (antioxidants, similar to green), hibiscus, peppermint, ginger. so try them out if u havent yet ;)

anyhow how long r we gonna have this competition? :think: i personally have that 5 day regimen, then ~19 days of that parasyte cleanse program n then just diet? well idk yet..but our main goal is to last as long as we can with plans that we make, whatever they are right? just that no cheating allowed right? :think: orz..maybe even..goal who becomes clear (no active breakouts) first? /:0

well anywhoo good luck u too joris just that..know! u have no chance against me! :cool2:

:3

I cook veggies when I feel like it, I smooth them when I feel like it and eat them raw when I feel like it. Usually I smooth spinach. I cook brocolli and kale. And eat most of the others raw. It doesnt really matter a lot. Its more about how you can get the most, and get full, and still have money. Im currently out of green veggies, but Im getting some tomorrow...

Dandelion chamomile lemongrass and rosehip tea are all as good as rooibos. Of which chamomile was highest in anti-oxidants.

Hehe I guess as long as it takes. You are doing cleanses now, but even if it clears you completely you dont want to start eating crap again. youll need to maintain a good diet. (preferably life for health reasons, but at least as long as you are prone to acne). So its not like you dont have anything for after those 25days. So I want to continue unless it seems that diet doesnt have anything to do with acne (not going to happen) or that it seems that I need to do to much to get clear. (not worth it). But this can take a lot of months for me :P Because I want to try not to make my diet stricter before I try it one month.

wasnt there something about raw vegies having more nutrients but also lectins (n some other bad stuff?) but cooked vegies less of lectins n bad stuff but also less nutrients? :think:

chamomile rly? i didnt know that. even compared to green tea? :/

yes iknoooo, ikno joris, diet yadda yadda -__- lol i know! >_> but thats great dude, month or two or whatever, im still in : P so lets just see who lasts longer! ;D its so good to have competition, fires up motivation n everything double timez ^^

but hey i do want to reincorporate some natural sweets back (like dates, honey n so) after some time after cleanses tho, but ofc will have to be moderate anywayz etc >_> n then i judge how it affects acne at all n depending on that decide further about it.

btw have u done any kind of cleanses before?

Dunno about the lectins. I do know that a mixed vegan diet with lots of vegan fat is better than a non fat/protein vegan diet. And I do know that a vegan diet that has 7servings of veggies (cooked AND raw) is better than 17servings raw.

I think you just need to do a little of both. Both have benefits. Although it depends per veggie, it goes to far to learn all that. Just eat green leafy veggies, onion family (onion + garlic + leek etc), root family and tomatoes both cooked and raw.

No they didnt include green tea -.- Only compared like 14teas. Which's kinda lame. But at least it was better than rooibos. And rooibos is pretty good.

Dates are great, honey isnt... I wouldnt add honey. Just fruits. Just leave your tea unsweetened.

Have done no cleanses.

What I ate today (Day 1):

5apples

2kiwis

2orranges

3 very big carrots

1 onion

2/3th a big cucumber

1/2 a cauliflower

1/4th a oxheart cabbage

1tbsp of Olive oil

3eggs

1 raw herring

150g of pork (I think but it had bone so dont know exact weight)

Edited by joris

hey joris well idk probz depends on person etc but fe me i eat a bit less than u i think, yet i feel like i eat too much? :/

well fe today:

2 apples (small)

1/2 grapefruit

~4 triangular slices of pineapple

2+1/2 celery sticks (raw)

~handful of brussel sprouts (raw)

~1/5 broccoli (raw)

1/2 avocado (small)

2 medium bowls (like japanese rice bowls?) of boiled split peas (soaked overnight before)

8 tbsp of evoo

6 tbsp flax oil (is this too much oil?? o__o well i guess so but when u add it to food it kinda doesnt seem so, but idk? its probs hell alot of oil tho >.>')

garlic powder

curry powder

so how do u think, i eat too much or what? :/

anywayz, r u sure u arent having like too much fruits?

and 1 tbsp of oil is enough iyo?

aand do u plan to write down every day like this now? :T

also speaking of cleanses, dont u think, diet would be more benefitial after cleanses? id think so tho :think:

so how do u think, i eat too much or what? :/

Hmm nah I dont really think so. Fruits dont have that much calories at all. Mostly water. Veggies dont have a lot of cals either. If you eat to much it has to be in the oil. You can calculate how much you ate with fitday.com ...

(1 medium apple has like 90cals while 1tbps of olive oil has 40. But I guess its not to much at all.) I think im eating to much since my herrings seems tobe like 250cals.

anywayz, r u sure u arent having like too much fruits?

Dont really think so. I can take a lot. My original diet was: 8slices of bread, with very very sugary spreads (chocolat , yams etc). + like 12-13snacks. Snacks being like 100cals each. It was horrible I guess.

For example:

1twix package: 286cals GL: 24 Imflamatory factor:-264 nutrition: almost 0 fiber: 0.6g omega ratio: 1 to 17.4 with 1.8g of omega 6

4.8 apples: 456cals GL: 24 :D IF: -144 nutrition: well at least it has something (70% of vit C , 30% potasium, some anti-oxidants, other good stuff etc) fiber:21g omega ratio: 1 to 4.7 with 0.37g of omega 6

Now figure I traded 10twixes for 10apples.

aand do u plan to write down every day like this now? :T

also speaking of cleanses, dont u think, diet would be more benefitial after cleanses? id think so tho :think:

Ehmz no Im not gonna write it down. I dont know, not really into cleanses.

~4 triangular slices of pineapple
why not shaped as a salinon >:( I mean a triangular's is so 20th century... :rolleyes:

hey joris, wut somebody hacked yo accounts? 8} wuts with yo username all of a sudden? its all so kewtly kewtened n stuff hah :)

^ uhh thnx but naawz too troublesome >3>; i rly dont wanna go into whole calorie counting tbh..bleh :dozing: i just simply try eat less amounts of food n less fats (but for oil im still confused tho ill say @[email protected] bcz ive been said: once u on a parasyte cleanse thing adding more oil is needed for this n that etc, but also i just think imo that oils r concentrated kinda stuff from whatever they made right? then it has lots of vits etc in it, that and also since fe im vegetarian its kinda main fat source for me n since fat is needed n yagga yagga? :think:..wellz i did reduce amounts of it today tho, but tbh idk if less or more oil anyhow affects my acne :/

but u having 1 tbsp of oil is how u usually get? its rly right ammount u think? :\

1twix package: 286cals GL: 24 Imflamatory factor:-264 nutrition: almost 0 fiber: 0.6g omega ratio: 1 to 17.4 with 1.8g of omega 6

4.8 apples: 456cals GL: 24 :D IF: -144 nutrition: well at least it has something (70% of vit C , 30% potasium, some anti-oxidants, other good stuff etc) fiber:21g omega ratio: 1 to 4.7 with 0.37g of omega 6

Ya Im Joris' kewlty twinbrother and hacked his account ;) Hehe no , I changed it just to try the changing and found out that you can only change it once every 30 days. I guess its to celebrate my 1000st post (<- no life) , that this btw is :D:D:catdance::banana::catdance: btw I think your almost there to O.o

Dont calorie count a lot either, just eat how much I want mostly. And watch my weight/shape a little bit. Think that that is a better aproach. But once a month or so I check if my calories are good because you can make it yourself hard while loosing to much weight... I dont wanna loose any more than a pound any more so I dont wanna create a 600calorie defecit or sumtin.

I like my blah in me :P No just dont like cleanses because dont know what to choose etc... Id rather just eat a steady like diet.

Progress:

But going very good. Only had 5fruits today. Could have been 3 I guess. But still not a lot. Had some good veggies today (spinach, brocoli, carrot,onion, cucumber). Feeling great. And having a lot of muscle pain from exercise.

Ehm deadline points, dunnowz. I just post when I feel like it. Usually its responding to you anyway. But lets say at least once maybe twice a week.

ps. you can google a salinon hehe and I got used to your explaining style :lol:

Progress

50-40% cleared. Ya I know I clear quickly :P Most of the acne is healing. Although there are still a few forming.

ps. bloody cool pics.

heh well congrats on yo 1000 posts n no life then :> here some more kitty dansss for ya as wellz

:boohoo::catdance::catdance::catdance::catdance::catdance::boohoo:

blah dont say im almost there as well :doh: i rly cant believe im soo long on this site hmpfz :dry:

cleanses. yah but dude, diet takes looongaaar? -.- well idk i just think those cleanses kinda speeds up things, releases bodys healing powers more etc? well yo bzns ofc, but since me fe probz have lots of blaagh in me so yah i better stick with this, im just wondering how sensitive will system be to various foods like AFTER those cleanses :think: kinda bugs me atm..

but still! lets make somekinda deadlines dude, it will be kinda controling way kinda imo :T we will be looking forward to deadline therfor try our best to not screw up stuff we doing? wut u think?

whoa u sure have cleared up? o__0 i dont understand u ppl who clear up so quickly l:/ wellz do u mean u dont break out as much anymore or what? like have u ever had redmarks n scars as well? what about them then? :/

I mean most of my pimples are inactive, not red and painfull, and kinda dead skinny like. And that some have disapeared. Which makes my face look that much better...

Most of my red marks I had disapeared like a month ago (finally after 1.5yrs or something O.o, stupid acne.org regimen screwed my skin up so badly). I still have 25% of them. And got some scars ye. But I dont count that as acne. You cant really see them that much from a distance anywayz. Although if I look in the mirror my forehead is worse than the moon's surface :(

I dont knowz about deadline. My deadline is "longer than you". Deadline has negative effects. Once there you just go sweet rampage. And eat like a 800pound American. But you want one, then ok... Just say what you think would be good...

ps. I bet your at 999 posts right now ;)

pss. Do you want to punch me now because of my quick progress? I hope not :ermm:

hmm that sounds kinda weird :/ but must be one of those types that idk myself maybe (maybe that wheat pasta is to blame dude? ppl here keep saying that even trace amounts make reaction etc afterall)

wow ykno i just saw thread on this somewhere here, like bp (u did use bp right?) messed up skins tone n i thought hey this might be my case as well but if so..what can we possibly do then? .___.

deadline "longer than u" sounds good to me :)

lol 999? maybe still just 666 tho? bcz cant be that much? how do u check post count anywayz? :shrug:

well can i poke u at least? :3 well naw happy for ya akshully :] but ofc cant help but do envy a bit tho =P

Wait first thing is reply to what? But ye I think that my acne is mostly due to oversnacking sweets and a pretty strong sensitivity. So more the allergy than the insulin sensitivity since some people even have to cut out berries. I want to get a test done. Just so I can say Im allergic to random people/friends so I dont have to hide/or make a scene of myself when eating weird. <_<

ye BP , most of the scarring began just after BP, I got spots from the sun (you know those orangie ones), i got a lot of red marks, and my skin was really flaky for 2 more weeks after quiting. I almost looked like a snake shedding its skin >_<

I checked your posts once and you had same amounts of pages as me -.- but you go to my conrols , and woohoo there it is on the right.

yah dude bp thing sounds alot like me too & now that i think about it, most of the shit thats on my face atm probably is mainly caused by only those 3 things: picking, stress and yep bp too .__. and diet only on 4th place, well i just idk how to even feel about it, now that i realize it, but yea fuking bp, it deff screws up skin if u have it like sensitive..

idk the orange spot things tho, im barely ever in sun so i havent experience those. how do they look like? do they go away? :/

well then..wow i have 809..no wait this 1 is 810 post? o_____________O woowz but lol im abusing this site way much already or wat? must duh stopit n stfu n gtfo already >.>'

btw what kind of exersise r u doing joris? & how often? (i just heard somewhere that too much exersise can also be bad for acne >_>)

Orange spotty things? Ever seen a redhead, those spots I mean xD Maybe they are a bit more brownish though. Well those kind of things. Thats because BP makes your skin sun sensitive. If you go into the sun you burn easily and get hyper-pigmentation easily. And yes they kinda vanished after a while. But they can be really bad and never go away.

Hmmz dont know about picking. Dont really think it has any affect. Popping might have effect or red marks but Im not sure about that :think:

No dont go away :cry: it causes sad pandas.

3x a week strenght (te,th,sa):

one part is arms, one part is abs:

100 push ups (different kinds of: clap, regular, wide, close grip, one foot etc)

or: 6x15 (harder pushups, lots of moving in between , clapping etc)

And with that: some ab exercises (regular up and downs, banana rolls , and some other stuff taken from P90x)

3x a week running (mo,we,fr):

All have warming up and cooling down:

-5x sprinting interval with 45sprint 1:30min walking (2.5km I think its currently)

-Just running 3.6km (2.3miles) one speed. (I do this one because the one beneath this one is still a bit to hard and I need to improve my condition first, will eliminate this one once I really can always do intervals.)

-Sprinting interval with 1min rest, sprinting 30sec, 45, 60, 45 , 30, 45, 60, 45, 30. This is also 3.6km (same round).

ps. sometimes dont run do this because of time, laziness and with the idea I cycle 18km (11miles)

could it be u meanz freckles maybe? :T

i just remember i was allways wanted freckles (loa granted my wish with acne instead bluugh :doubt:) but arent they for some reason only or mostly to redheads? r ya maybe redhead joris? :>

eh joris dont say that, bcz ikno n spose i probz can be pain in butt in this site sometimes k >_>'..anyhow i maybe wont make pandas sad in nearest timez tho maybe buuuuut i deff have abilitiez to be making the whole zoo sad dude .__. bcz yknoo wuuut? >____<" i actually did shamelessly make kat sad today ~_~ yes man! i screwd diet today man 8/ n yep lost!

u can happily do some boogie now joris, bcz u duh won ;)

ugh ikno im failure n hopeless forever dude, but cant do this -__- well blah nvm, will bitch bout zis in my own thread instead laterr >.> anywayz gotta start all over tommorow again (idk about u from now on, since i suk as competition obv but personally ill be counting days n be thinking of somekinda new control plan from now on, idk yet ..:doubt:

btw in case u wondering >:3 i had like 2 chuppachupz :rolleyes:, waffle with condensed milk on top of it x3 + chocolate cream on top of top of it az well >3> n some various candy l=P n all together was like best breakfast evar! >=3 :surprised:

im like crackhead of a sugar or something, i swear, cannot do this .___.

your exersise regimen is wow dude :think: , so many stuff to do etc, how do u remember do all that n patience etc, u allways do it precicely like regimen kinda? :T but anyhow u do it for building muscle right, not specially for blood flow improvement, for acne etc right? otherwise u wouldnt need so many diff exersises right? :T heh im noob, iknoo >3>;

aand..banana rolls? hows that? xD like lets roll together with banana? -> :banana::teehee:

:cry: for breakfast? Was it going that bad? Well you kept your diet pretty long right? You can do it again/even better :comfort:

Haha ye muscle building. I wanna start looking betters.

Your way of banan rolls sound fun.. Mines arent, this guy does them:

they are so hard...

Im just going to try keep going...

ps. I aint no redhead. Hehe once clear Ill post a pic. (Warning youll fall in love right away :P)