Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wowacne

How old are you guys who have oily skin??

I'll start.

I'm a guy and I am 21. I've had oily skin for about 2-3 years and my oily skin is still as bad as last year.

Hi there!

I'm 36 and my facial skin is very oily. My hair is also oily. My skin has been about the same degree of oiliness for the past 20 years.

More oil comes out for about 12 hours after a weight routine at the gym. A cardio routine doesn't have the same effect. I should probably stop lifting weights on account of my oily skin but I enjoy it too much!

I'm a 23 year old female and I've had oily skin pretty much ever since puberty (which started when I was about 11). The only time my skin hasn't been oily is during my accutane course, when I was 16/17 years old.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Im 25, I have had oily skin for the last 12-13 years, it's been very troublesome and has had the best of me in those last 12 or so years, during high school especially.

I really want to try to find sometihng that will be applied once daily on the skin and will make the oil not stress me out throughout the day, especially through cold seasons.

Getting less sleep is a factor in contributing to my skin producing lots of oil throughout the next day.

Going out, having fun, being able to not feel stressed out and being myself 24/7 have all been impacted from my skin being oily.

Edited by skin-matters

28 got oily skin when I was 26, washed with panoxyl which helps with oily skin.

21, male. I didn't even realize how oily my skin was until the beginning of last year. Then I started looking back at old pictures of myself and realized that I've had greasy skin for years. I think it started around 16, when I first started getting acne.

22 and I've had oily skin for about 3 years. It started after I tried Proactive. I started having breakouts around 16 or 17 but still no noticeable oil. I used Proactive for about a month shortly after I turned 19 and then started noticing how shiny my face was (that isn't why I stopped using it, I stopped because it made my acne worse). The real "treatment" that sent the oil over the top was Carly's Clean and Smooth. After I used that (for about two months) I started gushing oil it seemed. That was when I was about 20. I've been trying to combat it ever since. :think:

I AM 23 ALWAYS BEEN AN OIL SLICK. SINCE GOD 13?? Whateves, at least I am not dry. Meaning we won't wrinkle as much with the oily skin. :D

I'm 18, and have had an oily forehead since starting puberty. (11 years old)

Oily foreheads run in my family. My mom is 54 and has had an oily forehead since puberty as well. Her dad, my grandpa, also had an oily forehead his whole life.

23 and I have had it since I was 11. Oily skin runs on my mother's side of the family.

Today I have started using a mixture of Tea Tree Oil with Jojoba Oil (10 hours) and my face has not gotten oily. *keeps fingers crossed*

I'm 47 and I've had very oily skin since I was in my teens. It never slowed down. I started accutane three months ago because this is just ridiculous. I hear for guys it usually slows down after the teens, but that's not the case for us lucky women.