Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clairebear6292

Why does it feel like no one understands??

I have moderately severe cystic acne that just won't go away. I've been on Doxycycline and Retin A Micro gel pump for about 2 years and I'm still breaking out frequently (I always have about 4 painful small cysts on my face. This ppast August I left for college and live in the dorms. It's been nothing short of excruciating... because of my skin.

Anyways this week I stayed at home because my grandfather died and my parents went up north for the funeral. Mom had bought frozen pizzas, etc. so I would have things to eat while they were gone. They got back today and my mom made the offhand comment that my face was horribly broken out and that it was probably because i didn't eat good this week.

Mom: Acne isn't just caused by junk food!!!!! (Which I hardly eat anyways) It has so many other factors like genetics and horomones!!! Why can't you understand that?!?!?!?

Just needed to vent... I don't understand why people can't be sentimental. I wish everyone could live a day with acne and see how awful it is.

I understand how you feel! I have been strugleing with acne for about 5 years and it is also cystic! I have 3 older sister and they have very clear and beautiful skin. They always complain when they see one tiny little pimple, and it makes me so angry!!! They complained about one stupid pimple when they can see that I would be over the moon to have skin like theirs. People who dont have acne don't understand how much acne affects one self esteem, not just because it doesnt look attractive but because it's so painful. I have been using Clenzi-derm face wash there is one for oily skin and one for dry skin. It has been working GREAT! google it. it was recommend by my estetition and dermatitis. Good luck!

Hi I'm a lurker but just signed up. I understand too. Some people say comments not realising how much they can affect. I like to pretend in my head that the acne isn't actually happening around other people and when a relative will catch me without make up on and say something like "uh, you need to go back to the doctors about your skin they will sort it" It makes me want to scream.

Mom: Acne isn't just caused by junk food!!!!! (Which I hardly eat anyways) It has so many other factors like genetics and horomones!!! Why can't you understand that?!?!?!?

Yikes; that's bogus if I've ever heard it. Seriously, you should at least tell her... of COURSE acne is related to diet. The speed with which you heal, your energy levels, sweat, inflammation levels, blood pressure, hormones, oiliness, even body odor is all very tied in with diet, and all of these things are contributors to acne. It's absolute insanity anyone who's personally experienced bad acne can say these things with any amount of certainty, with a clear conscience.

Eh, anyway, I can relate. No one gets it, much less my dermatologist. It may seem irrational, but I want to punch that guy in the face.

Hi I'm a lurker but just signed up. I understand too. Some people say comments not realising how much they can affect. I like to pretend in my head that the acne isn't actually happening around other people and when a relative will catch me without make up on and say something like "uh, you need to go back to the doctors about your skin they will sort it" It makes me want to scream.

Exactly! People just don't understand that it doesn't just go away. Theres not some magic cure that your dermatologist is just like here you go, now you can have clear skin. And about the relatives thing I feel like your just read my mind, more so with my mom though if she sees me without makeup on. This actually just happened 2 minutes ago btw.

Exactly! People just don't understand that it doesn't just go away. Theres not some magic cure that your dermatologist is just like here you go, now you can have clear skin. And about the relatives thing I feel like your just read my mind, more so with my mom though if she sees me without makeup on. This actually just happened 2 minutes ago btw.

I agree. My mom and brother have beautiful skin and they would always comment on my face. I know they are trying to help, but they just don't realize how much that hurts. :(