Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
03GT

Who has found relief in changing pillowcase

Although my diet is keeping me mostly clear, I still had a problem with a few pimples around my jawline. I went out to wal-mart the other day and picked up 10 pillow cases, so now I change my pillowcase every night. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I'm almost 100% clear now. Anyone else have luck with this method?

Yer I get abit anal about having dirty pillow slips on my face and usually change my every few days, i also leave my pillows out on the line in the sun too.

Although my diet is keeping me mostly clear, I still had a problem with a few pimples around my jawline. I went out to wal-mart the other day and picked up 10 pillow cases, so now I change my pillowcase every night. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I'm almost 100% clear now. Anyone else have luck with this method?

Good Frucking Idea. ten pillow cases.

what's the diet that's doing you good?

i work out 4-5 days a week so i don't know how to get my protein without whey protein so i ask so maybe what works for you could work for me.

Good Frucking Idea. ten pillow cases.

what's the diet that's doing you good?

i work out 4-5 days a week so i don't know how to get my protein without whey protein so i ask so maybe what works for you could work for me.

I'm using the ketogenic diet (very low carb), but I found I can stay pretty clear using only low GI carbs. Check out the nutrition section of this forum, a lot of people are finding relief from this.

This does work but if you dont want to be changing pillow cases every night...just place a different tea towel on your pillow case instead....

have you ever tried just sleeping on your back?

you can fall asleep on your back, but you will turn around a lot during your sleep. i think thats a natural thing for everyone.

ive tried the pillowcase changing, for years. i use 1 pillowcase 4 times. switch bottom/top and then switch to insideout. (i dont really care about the esthetics of my bedding)

ive always been a believer that this made a difference. it could be a coincidence though.

anyway its not a big sacrifice and i'm sure it can't hurt.

as for low GI diet, i've tried it for 2 months and it didn't make any difference. i'm pretty sure my acne isn't diet related, as ive been mostly clear before my new flare-up and i didnt watch my diet then at all.

Edited by legato

My counsins swear by this, they have even told me to get new pillows becuase mine are years old. I do believe if you have oily skin then then changing your pillow cases will definately help.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

i just go the mummy style! :thumbsup: wrap some toiletpaper around face, so that blanket or pillow cant touch skin and then sleep, but i have to do this anyways since i apply oil overnight

sucks to bother about such trivial things as pillowcase however :dry:

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY

My family thinks I am crazy - but I have been changing my pillowcases nightly for years (5+), and I definitely think it's important (I have had enough time to test this theory).

i try to change my pillow case every few days. I dont think it makes much difference but obviously sleeping on a pillow case that has grease and bacteria in it from previous nights can only aggravate the acne you already have, further.

changing pillow cases is not a cure but it is a help as will many things which might help incrementally, its good practice to keep your cheeks on clean sheets.

:)

"...sleeping on a pillow case that has grease and bacteria in it from previous nights can only aggravate the acne you already have, further..."

I agree completely with this. My pillow slips are changed every day, pure cotton, and washed on a hot wash setting to clear them of any grease and bacteria. This definately helps as part of my overall control.

Clive (UK)

Panoxyl Wash 10%

Panaxoyl Cream 10%

Cod liver oil capsule every day.

Running and general fitness regime (twice per week).

I do think it plays a part, Ive been changing mine everyday for 2 weeks now and my cheeks have cleared but Ive just thought this morning...I always pull my covers up around my mouth and my duvet only gets changed one a week and around my mouth is where the things keep popping up!

I'm going to try tucking the covers under my arms tonight an see how that goes for a week.

I always pull my covers up around my mouth and my duvet only gets changed one a week and around my mouth is where the things keep popping up!

I've noticed this too! must try to change duvet cover more frequently too! or use a clean sheet under the duvet which folds down over the top.

Thank you for this post! I have considered changing my pillow case every night but have never followed through with the idea.

I am (almost) 40 and have had acne since I was 14. It has been a long haul. Just yesterday my doctor put me on Spironolactone. I am so hoping it works because I have tried everything from antibiotics, birth control, every cream and over the counter medication on the market. Right now my acne is really bad to the point I don't even want to go out.

Anyway, a new pillow case goes on tonight~

Namaste,

yup_yup

Yes, I've noticed that if I don't change my pillowcase regularly I have flare ups, especially along my jaw line and neck. I haven't gone out and bought a ton of pillow cases, though. I just make sure to wash my sheets and pillow cases frequently, and that seems to help a lot. I also only use white sheets because BP tends to discolor anything else. When I wash my sheets I use hot water and bleach.

Edited by Secondmike68

Wow, can't believe it's been almost a month already. Well I will definitely say I do see a reduction in the acne I get from my ear to my chin, which is a vulnerable area for me. Still getting small pimples here and there, still looking from something that's 99.99% effective

Edited by 03GT