Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pyr0

Purple spot now?

Okay, so I popped my pimple near my nose almost a month ago and the pimple has died but left a purplish mark which I have been applying benzoyl peroxide 5% gel to it everyday, so my question is why is it still there and what should I be applying instead of that?

It's the only pimple so far that has stayed there like that without improving so I am worried about it. Does anyone know a fast solution to decrease color or anything? Thanks!

Okay, so I popped my pimple near my nose almost a month ago and the pimple has died but left a purplish mark which I have been applying benzoyl peroxide 5% gel to it everyday, so my question is why is it still there and what should I be applying instead of that?

It's the only pimple so far that has stayed there like that without improving so I am worried about it. Does anyone know a fast solution to decrease color or anything? Thanks!

I'd stop applying BP to it immediately, it's not a fact, but most people on this board have reported that BP only prolongs the healing process of red marks. For example, I was applying BP 2.5% to my entire face two times a night for about two years, and while it cleared up my acne, it eventually left me with tons of red marks, and since I didn't know BP only prolonged the fading process, I continued to use it for a while after that.

I'd stop applying BP to it immediately, it's not a fact, but most people on this board have reported that BP only prolongs the healing process of red marks. For example, I was applying BP 2.5% to my entire face two times a night for about two years, and while it cleared up my acne, it eventually left me with tons of red marks, and since I didn't know BP only prolonged the fading process, I continued to use it for a while after that.

I'd agree, don't apply BP for red marks. Perhaps some sort of antibacterial ointment (Polysporin, Neosporin, etc.) would help. Also if it's in a shaving region, don't shave there -- I've noticed that shaving definitely prolongs my red marks if I do it more than once every few days.

I had something similar on my face after I picked a spot. Yeah :( and when I was having microdermabrasion, the woman told me I hadn't picked it properly and that's why it was there. I don't think I squeezed it well enough hehe. It did go though after a few days =/ I was using ACV at the time which may have helped but I doubt it.

Okay so which product should I use for just that spot?

I use to use this product for my acne: which has helped but I have applied a few times on that spot with this serum but still unsure if its helping.

Anyone suggest a product I could use for that one spot?

It has been 1+ month already and that spot has been there and doesn't seem like much improvements after applying a clarifying serum 2-3 times each day. Does anyone know of a better product that will help? Since you guys said BP in the long term isn't good, for that is why I stopped using it, and now have used a clarifying serum, which product now is best?

I had this after stupidly popping a massive pimple on my cheek, a massive mark that was purple/black in colour and felt under the skin. But luckily for me after about a week, the discoloured skin just peeled away and revealed my normal coloured skin. I used a ton of moisturiser and didn't touch it again until it finally peeled away.