Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SugarCookiez

Thoughts on MAC studio fix fluid

I have used it. I used it for years and loved the coverage it gave. But I realised that after a long while (and probably with some denial too :shifty: ) that it did cause me to break out. Thing is, when I first used to use it, I never had any problems, but i think my skin got "used" to it, or it must have changed or something, because now, every time i wear it, i get breakouts (even with a new bottle, so i know it's not because of the product aging or anything).

The only real way to know if it will work or not, is to get a sample.

Have you tried reading the reviews on Makeupalley.com ?

I love MAC for important events, it's my go-to foundation for parties and stuff. But yeah, it really does break you out. Doesn't usually show up for me unless I use for several days in a row though.

everyones different though. ive used mac studio fix liquid and it hasnt really broken me out anymore that any other makeup does.

MAC is horrible for most people with acne. Not a good idea.

I 2nd this. My dermatologists/estheticians always advise against using MAC.

MAC is horrible for most people with acne. Not a good idea.

so true! I stopped using MAC because it breaks me out too. :((

I have very sensitive skin and while MAC's foundations don't work for me, the studio finish concealer has been a staple for me for many years. I have never had a problem with it breaking me out. Same goes for the satin blushes. Good luck!

i have used the studio fix fluid years ago and i loved the coverage i got from it. i bought it when i was having a bad breakout. i stopped using it because i switched to the studio fix powder/foundation and i like that more just because its easier to apply. my skin is always pretty dry so i have to make sure to put alot of moisturizer on before i use this product. i think the coverage is really good though. i also like bare escentuals too so i switch back and forth between the two. I dont ever breakout from MAC products though.

Edited by Karen Howz