Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefreehopefully

Phytoestrogens in many vegetables...

While I was researching if hemp milk/hemp seed has any phytoestrogens in it,

(never did find out conclusively, only contradicting info)

I came across something else that really makes this acne diet more annoying: a list of common vegetables that contain phytoestrogens.

Here is a link:

http://www.articleslash.net/Health-and-Fit...oestrogens.html

Very disconcerting.

Yes, and there are many foods with phyto-androgens and/or both. They can help some people as they make up for low levels. Or by binding to receptors so that the stronger human hormones can't.

The plant hormones are very weak. As long as you don't mega dose on anything like consuming a lot lot of soy faux food or supplementing flax, it's unlikely that they will noticeably affect you.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Phyto-And...=phyto-androgen

Be far more concerned about what things like insulin spikes, liver and adrenal health and stress do to your hormones.

Edited by alternativista

I eat many foods in that category and my face is clearing up each day. You just got to do what works for you. Some foods may aggravate acne in you but not me. If those foods dont affect your face, don't worry about it.

"Olive oil, garlic, kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, onions, winter squash, collard greens, broccoli, cabbage, dried prunes, winter squash, collard greens, mung bean sprouts, alfalfa, apricots, peaches, strawberries, raspberries, green beans and cashews are also suitable food sources of phystoestrogen"

Seriously I would NOT worry about eating any of those foods! If you're really worried about this, then experiment with removing the big ones, soy and flax.

Those all sound like really good foods for you. I would never cut out fruits/vegetables, because the polyphenols/antioxidants/anti-inflammatory agents can do nothing but help out your body and skin.