Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RickJ4mes

Grouped Zits?

Hey, now to issue before me is the crease of my chin that is always broken out, and normally has a couple zits here and there. I pop them with a needle only when they get really big and noticeable but anyways i've had like this group of zits, like 3 or 4 that are right next to eachother right in the crease of my chin. It was previously dried up and like kinda scabbed over but that rubbed off, and now it looks like a raised little chunk of my skin with 3 zits on it. One of my jack*** friends described it looking like cauliflower or something. Currently i'm just putting some petroleum jelly on it or neosporin to help keep it moist and hopefully eventually heal, i've heard Sudocream might work too.

Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated!

The topicals you mentioned can actually clog your pores. My advice would be to stop touching it, ignoring your lame "friend's" comment, and perhaps apply a BP topical. You can even by one over the counter. A small amount...less is more in the case of Benzoyl Peroxide.

Try not to worry, I doubt it is very noticable and even if it is...so what? Be yourself regardless. I promise no one will treat you differently. Not the people who truly matter in your life. =)

peutroleum jelly doesnt clog pores

Yes and no, it may be technically non-comedogenic, but I (and others, based on some responses around the board) have experienced clogged pores and breakouts due to vaseline use. :hand:

Thanks for the responses,

Well actually i'm using the Clinque: Acne Solutions Starter Kit acne system thing and my face overall has actually improved and cleared. It is very drying so i'm sure to use lots of moisturizer at night, the only problem areas i have are that crease of my chin and my mustache area i'll call it haha. My neck is also breaking out in pimples on the back of my neck, i'm trying to stop my habit of reaching back and rubbing my neck when i do alot of expressions. To treat that, i'm just cleansing it with an Oxy SA Bodywash every morning and we'll see how that does.

This forum is great, thanks!

do a light scrub on that area, let rest f an hour than moisturize or do a peel it will lift all the yuk out. u use clinque, if u have the no2 clarifying lotion use that & nit.

Just keep doing what you're doing for the rest of your face. Lots of extra products probably won't help any faster. Maybe apply some ice to address the swelling.

I've gotten a lot of "multi-zits" in the past. People looked at me like I was diseased. I feel your pain.

Thanks, my acne generally clears up pretty good after sports, but yeah it's like a colony of 3 zits that combine to make it look like one huge huge zit. Every so often they pop by themselves after cleansing and they die down but there's still more swelling and zits underneath it it seems

peutroleum jelly doesnt clog pores,. yourright, but it causes the natural oil that your skin produces to back up into the pores, and that clogs pores.

These cluster of zits I believe are shaving bumps. I have the same problem right now. Maybe your not shaving to close, but if your shaving to close, the thin fuzzy white hairs on your face gets caught below the surface when you cut them flushy.

Good luck finding any information on these type of razorbumps online. I had to figure this one out for myself. When ti coems to razor bumps they always only talk about the thicker black hairs, but never about the thinner shorter fuzz like hair.

they start like a little cluster of white un-inflamed bumps that sit there, and slowly one by one become inflamed right?.

Well when I popped oen and removed it, I found a tiny ingrown hair, the fuz type of hair. So if this is what you have, I can bet it's from shaving.

Edited by AthleticHunta