Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thisneedstostop

Tips for Adult Acne - See My Pics

24/m

Break out mainly on cheeks and jawline. See the attached pictures. I used a Neutrogena oil-free acne wash in the morning and evening along with a Garnier oil-free microbead cream scrub.

I'm thinking of trying the Murad system but have yet to purchase. I'm highly active - work out, play sports, etc. I thought it could be my shaving techniques or the fact that I abandoned my electric razor so I reverted and have yet to see any positive change. At this point it's almost a weekly occurrence. My face clears for a day and then I can feel new pimples forming. It's killing both my social life and self confidence. I would love to know what you guys think could be the problem. High testosterone levels from working out? I've read about masturbation habits - could that be an issue? High carb intake? Allergic reaction to some foods? Should I consider an allergy test to see?

I used to have much more body acne (as a result of working out) but I cut back on lifting and saw a dramatic change. I rarely sprout a body/back pimple and use a body exfoliator to assist. My skin is mostly oily but I feel the exfoliator helps.

My face is the main problem and I want to shake this ASAP. I've posted before with little to no feedback so I'm hoping some people can provide help!

Thanks!!! :clap:

imag0420.th.jpg

imag0419.th.jpg

Edited by thisneedstostop

I hope you can see the pictures.

If not, let me know. As you can see, it's not the most severe acne in the world but it IS persistent and a weekly occurrence as I mentioned early. Most of the time the pimples bleed with smaller amounts of puss. And alot of times, when I know a pimple is coming, my face itches which leads me to believe it's a reaction to something. I do have a dog and the dog hair might be a trigger? Thoughts?

Hi!! Well I was having the same problem

I don't have dogs, but my face was itching extremely bad! And my acne got out of control. I

Went to my doc. And they have me acne medication, I also changed the type of makeup

That I was using ( recommended by my estetition). My face is almost clear. If you have a question let me know.:)

I tried murad and that didn't work for me.

My dermatologist and estetition recommended I try clenzi-derm, this works GREAT!!! There

Is one for oily skin and one for dry skin. You should google it.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll look into the acne cream you mentioned Hope2b. As an example of what I'm dealing with, I played basketball tonight and I was obviously constantly sweating. After the game, my face was beat red, burning and afterward itching. I feel a breakout will come in a matter of days.

Saying a prayer tonight that I shake this problem!