Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hiya everyone!

I know there are lots of threads on this already, but I was just wondering, is anyone still remaining clear on this type of Niacin? I realize most people who have cleared probably won't be hanging around these boards anymore... I've read some very promising posts though, and have ordered it. (Solgar 500mg No Flush Niacin (Inositol Hex.) I've also read that you need to have a healthy diet along with it for it to work, so will be doing that too.

I have mild non-cystic, mostly hormonal, some dietry-related acne - do you think this could help me?? I really hope so!

im using the same brand you've just bought and ive been using it for just over a week. its completely amazing in my view...i havent had a breakout since starting it and my skin feels a lot healthier. its incredible and i just hope it continues :)

good luck with yours...im sure you'll love it too :)

im using the same brand you've just bought and ive been using it for just over a week. its completely amazing in my view...i havent had a breakout since starting it and my skin feels a lot healthier. its incredible and i just hope it continues :)

Ah thats fantastic!! =) Mind if I ask what type of acne you usually have?

ive had blackheads and whiteheads for years, alongside nodules and cysts - so basically all of them. id usually break out in about 2-3 pimpes a week and yeah so far so good. i still have the blackheads but they look like they are drying up.

mines mostly due to hormones i think, although some things in my diet would break me out too e.g. white rice, sugar, milk and the like...now it seems i can eat all of those and be fine.

i've had one tiny pimple appear but it doesnt seem to be getting very red and its staying quite small.

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

ive had blackheads and whiteheads for years, alongside nodules and cysts - so basically all of them. id usually break out in about 2-3 pimpes a week and yeah so far so good. i still have the blackheads but they look like they are drying up.

mines mostly due to hormones i think, although some things in my diet would break me out too e.g. white rice, sugar, milk and the like...now it seems i can eat all of those and be fine.

i've had one tiny pimple appear but it doesnt seem to be getting very red and its staying quite small.

Sounds truly awesome... I can't wait to receive mine now!! :dance: So you don't think diet affects how well the Niacin works? I wonder why you can now eat those things again... Sorry for all the questions... :wacko:

Edited by OneHundredReasons

It seems your acne is similar to mine, except I don't have cysts and nodules, only whiteheads, pustules and blackheads most of the time. Sugar and milk, especially chocolate, breaks me out, but I've heard those are foods that affect hormones. I'd like to see if niacin helps with breakouts at that time of the month!

It seems your acne is similar to mine, except I don't have cysts and nodules, only whiteheads, pustules and blackheads most of the time. Sugar and milk, especially chocolate, breaks me out, but I've heard those are foods that affect hormones. I'd like to see if niacin helps with breakouts at that time of the month!

ah yes the dreaded hormones! if only we were old...we wouldnt have them, lol.

oh i dont mean to eat the foods that break me out...ive just finished uni and am looking for a graduate job to bring in the cash. until then, im a little trapped eating what i have at home, lol.

i eat a lot of fruits and veges, with apple cider vinegar, which is supposed to be good for digestion, alongside metamucel (fibre) to help me flush out the toxins. i also eat a lot of lean meats.

but i still get nibbly and the only other things we have are pasta, bread, rice and milk....but now im not breaking out with them, i might lighten up on them a bit.

you eat chocolate!?? lol i admire you...id break out endlessly for days if i had that...rofl

so yeah the niacin seems to be a good invention. im shortly off accutane, so i dont know if thats whats keeping me clear too. i must admit, i was breaking out even on accutane (esp when i reduced my dose), but this seems to be keeping them at bay. its by far the best thing ive used so far anyhoo.

all the best!

ah yes the dreaded hormones! if only we were old...we wouldnt have them, lol.

oh i dont mean to eat the foods that break me out...ive just finished uni and am looking for a graduate job to bring in the cash. until then, im a little trapped eating what i have at home, lol.

i eat a lot of fruits and veges, with apple cider vinegar, which is supposed to be good for digestion, alongside metamucel (fibre) to help me flush out the toxins. i also eat a lot of lean meats.

but i still get nibbly and the only other things we have are pasta, bread, rice and milk....but now im not breaking out with them, i might lighten up on them a bit.

you eat chocolate!?? lol i admire you...id break out endlessly for days if i had that...rofl

so yeah the niacin seems to be a good invention. im shortly off accutane, so i dont know if thats whats keeping me clear too. i must admit, i was breaking out even on accutane (esp when i reduced my dose), but this seems to be keeping them at bay. its by far the best thing ive used so far anyhoo.

all the best!

Lol chocolate? When??? I don't eat chocolate anymore =p It's like poison to my acne too... Your diet sounds good, similar to mine. I live at home with my parents at this stage, which means I mostly eat a healthy diet, but my mom LOVES putting milk and cheese in pretty much everything she makes for dinner. I think that's one of my biggest issues, but there's not much I can do about it. I cook whenever I can, without milk and cheese, but I get so busy and sometimes I just can't...

Hmmm, I'm really glad you're clear now, but I seriously hope its not the accutane and that its the niacin =p (Yes I know, I'm selfish, lol)... But anyway, I'm going to try it, and I really hope it helps me!