Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anybody else feel as if society and people with "clear" skin underrate the power acne has on an individuals life? Most people who don't deal with it are all 'oh it's only a few spots, it'll pass' but it never does.. and although you can't blame people for not understanding, as they've never experienced it. But they never seem to try..

It's such a confidence killer, and turns you to hate every positive aspect of your self, I hate it! I mean I class myself a cute guy.. I'm not vain, I'm just not a huge downer about my looks, and with people always telling me I'm a lovely looking person, it lifts my spirits. But you could be the best looking person in the world.. and acne could destroy that, a lot of people really don't understand what acne REALLY is apart from the people who got/get it bad.

And just to vent for the last part.. who else hates it when you'll see a girl exaggerate over the one tiniest pimple she'll have on her entire face, like please.. the things I'd do to just deal with as little as that!

Edited by BuffyForever

One time, a friend of mine with perfect, perfect skin had a whitehead the size of a pinprick on her nose. She was practically crying about it. I was like, "Hey, look at me. Shut up."

My boyfriend has practically perfect skin and when I get upset about it and feel ugly, he always tells me I'm still beautiful and stuff like that, but I just don't feel it! He can never understand how I feel about it. I really appreciate that he tells me that and thinks that, but I know he doesn't see how much it really affects me. :(

That's the same for me.. my Mum's always telling me how much she "understands" and I guess on a level she does, but on an entirely different scale.. she doesn't. But try not get too down and stressed about it, cause chances are it'll only make it worse. If your boyfriend tells you you're beautiful, believe him. Because his really the only guy you want to try and please with your appearance, and if you're doing that.. smile! because you're very lucky to have a person who looks past those things, some guys are just all about the looks.. and they're morons to be honest. Just smile and take advantage of how beautiful your partner see's you at.. because it will really make you feel better :) and lift your confidence.

I think people who have had acne problems tend to look for other peoples acne more than clear skinned people do. I find that i look at peoples skin sometimes, seeing if they have acne or not and i wonder if i would do this if i never had acne. Skin is not everything to being attractive anyway, it's the eyes and lips or the general way they look which makes them good looking.

So i guess i am trying to make the point that acne doesn't make as much of an impact on how we look to people as much as we think it does.

If your boyfriend tells you you're beautiful, believe him. Because his really the only guy you want to try and please with your appearance, and if you're doing that.. smile! because you're very lucky to have a person who looks past those things, some guys are just all about the looks.. and they're morons to be honest. Just smile and take advantage of how beautiful your partner see's you at.. because it will really make you feel better :) and lift your confidence.

That is a very wise post. One I need to remind myself of :)

That's the same for me.. my Mum's always telling me how much she "understands" and I guess on a level she does, but on an entirely different scale.. she doesn't. But try not get too down and stressed about it, cause chances are it'll only make it worse. If your boyfriend tells you you're beautiful, believe him. Because his really the only guy you want to try and please with your appearance, and if you're doing that.. smile! because you're very lucky to have a person who looks past those things, some guys are just all about the looks.. and they're morons to be honest. Just smile and take advantage of how beautiful your partner see's you at.. because it will really make you feel better :) and lift your confidence.

That is the most wonderful post! It made me feel so much better and more confident. :)

I completely agree with Turbolemon. I believe it only seems underrated by us because we have acne. People without acne don't notice acne on others half as much as us suffers notice it on others. We obsess and study other people’s faces because we have acne. I actually like it when i speak to a non sufferer about it; i feel it helps me to keep things in perspective. It also helps realign my opinion on how other people see me which is of course nowhere near as bad as i think they do. :dance:

One time, a friend of mine with perfect, perfect skin had a whitehead the size of a pinprick on her nose. She was practically crying about it. I was like, "Hey, look at me. Shut up."

My boyfriend has practically perfect skin and when I get upset about it and feel ugly, he always tells me I'm still beautiful and stuff like that, but I just don't feel it! He can never understand how I feel about it. I really appreciate that he tells me that and thinks that, but I know he doesn't see how much it really affects me. :(

You're lucky. My boyfriend agrees that it's disgusting, says nothing when I say I feel ugly and avoids kissing me when I have a break out... Niiiicccee......

You're lucky. My boyfriend agrees that it's disgusting, says nothing when I say I feel ugly and avoids kissing me when I have a break out... Niiiicccee......

what a douchbag he is.

i hope he makes up for that in other ways or changes.

you deserve to be happy.

:)

He sounds totally lame.

Agree with you 1000%.

Couldn't have been put better.

Does anybody else feel as if society and people with "clear" skin underrate the power acne has on an individuals life? Most people who don't deal with it are all 'oh it's only a few spots, it'll pass' but it never does.. and although you can't blame people for not understanding, as they've never experienced it. But they never seem to try..

It's such a confidence killer, and turns you to hate every positive aspect of your self, I hate it! I mean I class myself a cute guy.. I'm not vain, I'm just not a huge downer about my looks, and with people always telling me I'm a lovely looking person, it lifts my spirits. But you could be the best looking person in the world.. and acne could destroy that, a lot of people really don't understand what acne REALLY is apart from the people who got/get it bad.

And just to vent for the last part.. who else hates it when you'll see a girl exaggerate over the one tiniest pimple she'll have on her entire face, like please.. the things I'd do to just deal with as little as that!