Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arsenal2

Mandelic acid and BP

I got a question.

I read a lot of good things about Mandelic acid and retinoids like green cream and diacneal.

I am currenlty on the DKR. Is it possible to use Madelic and/or retionoids in combination with BP for example? And how will that work?

You should not add anything to the basic Regimen until you are completely clear. Once you are completely clear, you can try adding one thing in at a time.

Ive been more than two year on Dans regimen, with great results. But im never completely clear, i got some blackheads and whiteheads because of non inflamed acne. BP does nothing for this. Its a good disinfectant for inflamed acne.

If you've been on the Regimen for that long, then I'd say give it a try and see if it helps. But only try one new thing at a time, so if you get either better or worse you'll know which new product is helping or hurting.

Hey Frank.

I'd really recommend Mandelic Acid it works wonders, I've used it in the past in conjunction with the regimen and I had great results. I had a similar problem as you with lingering mild acne which could never seem to go away. After I added Mandelic Acid into the regimen, it completely cleared !! What I like about Mandelic Acid is it also has antibacterial properties and imo much better than salicylic acid cleansers. use it once a day and apply bp right afterwards. It's hard to find over the counter, I ordered from an online supplier Nucelle.com great product and great service/shipping.

Hope that helps dude !