Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leebo

Is this moisturiser oil free?

http://www.simple.co.uk/products/kind+to+s...r-125ml-79.aspx

It doesnt say its oil free, but i checked all the ingredients and it doesnt look likes there any oil?

Im on accutane for a second time cause i used an oil to moisturise my face during the first course = reverse the effects of the drug :(

So im looking for an oil free moisturiser, my mum bought me this and it works brilliantly, just want to double check im not making the same mistake twice!

Thanks guys

Just a quick glance, it's not oil-free. The coco ingredient is oil based. Buy CeraVe Moisturizing Cream...you can thank me later.

It's pretty unlikely that you had to do another course for using a moisturizer with oil...No moisturizer will penetrate the skin to the point that it would counteract the effects of Accutane.

I was using jojoba oil as a moisturiser. Maybe that's why but I want to make sure this one works. Ill stick with this for now cause I doubt only an oil based ingredient will do any harm but use an oil free one next. Thanks for the suggestion

Accutane kills rapidly dividing cells in your skin (and your muscles, joints, brain, etc). I doubt the use of a moisturizer changes that...

Why my derm said was that cause it reduces the size of your sebum glands and thereore oil production in the skin, the more oil you use on your face the more you replace what accutane removes making the effects less.

Ive already learned derms are prone to bullshitting :P but my back and chest cleared up 100% on the drug and my face was unchanged. Only thing I did differently was moisturise my face with jojoba oil.