Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rooo

Some scars lately

Hello,

I have had since 5 years ago a terrible acen chest.

But also, some pimples and zits in my face since 10 years ago. Some of them have been pretty huge. The only scars I had were from cysts that before healing I knew they would leave a scar.

So, it can be said my skin had a really good healing process.

I`ve been on 2 courses of Accutane, on 2001 and 2006, 20 mg per day for 4 months, I think it`s not too much.

On may 2009 I started taking pills of zinc from natural life which also has among other vitamins 500 UI of vit. a.

On july 2010 I started consuming omega 3 and quit the zinc as my derm said it was useless.

Well, the thing is that on late August I discovered that an ordinary pimple that came out on my right cheek left me a scar which I found very strange as it was a normal pimple that healed in only 4 days.

10 days after another pimple left me a little scar (I recognize in this case that even though it was not a cyst iy was a very rebell pimple with which I touched, squeezed and picked a lot for at least 15 days.

Then I read here all the stuff about omega 3 and decided to cut omega 3 and to start taking again the zinc.

During the rest of September and October I had pimples as usual and none of them left any scar. I thought that or either the consumption of omega 3 or either the not consumption of zinc altered my scaring.

But 2 weeks ago another pimple left me a little scar. In this case I also have to say that even though it was not a cyst it was a very rebell pimple whick I picked, squeezed, etc for almost 20 days.

So my point is,

- what could be causing these scars?

should I quit the zinc? I ask this because it contains 500 UI of vitamin a and I have been taking 2 pills aprox per day for the last year and a half (that a total of 1.000 UI of vit a per day). I ask this because I have read here that some people have had problems with topical tretinoin (I have used it but mostly on my chest, very ocassionally on my face). On the other hand I don`t know if the zinc is preventing me of getting worse scars.

Can be age? I`m 24 years and 7 months and during this last 3 months I also noticed that a pore collapsed on my left cheek and that in the area of my mouth I got a little shallow wrinkle.

So maybe age is bringing down the production of collagen and that`s why I`m more prone to scarring, have a collapsed pore, note a wrinkle, etc?

I would appreciate any advice and opinions

Guest Timehealsall
Hello,

But also, some pimples and zits in my face since 10 years ago. Some of them have been pretty huge. The only scars I had were from cysts that before healing I knew they would leave a scar.

I`ve been on 2 courses of Accutane, on 2001 and 2006, 20 mg per day for 4 months, I think it`s not too much.

On may 2009 I started taking pills of zinc from natural life which also has among other vitamins 500 UI of vit. a.

On july 2010 I started consuming omega 3 and quit the zinc as my derm said it was useless.

Well, the thing is that on late August I discovered that an ordinary pimple that came out on my right cheek left me a scar which I found very strange as it was a normal pimple that healed in only 4 days.

10 days after another pimple left me a little scar (I recognize in this case that even though it was not a cyst iy was a very rebell pimple with which I touched, squeezed and picked a lot for at least 15 days.

Then I read here all the stuff about omega 3 and decided to cut omega 3 and to start taking again the zinc.

During the rest of September and October I had pimples as usual and none of them left any scar. I thought that or either the consumption of omega 3 or either the not consumption of zinc altered my scaring.

But 2 weeks ago another pimple left me a little scar. In this case I also have to say that even though it was not a cyst it was a very rebell pimple whick I picked, squeezed, etc for almost 20 days.

So my point is,

should I quit the zinc? I ask this because it contains 500 UI of vitamin a and I have been taking 2 pills aprox per day for the last year and a half (that a total of 1.000 UI of vit a per day). I ask this because I have read here that some people have had problems with topical tretinoin (I have used it but mostly on my chest, very ocassionally on my face). On the other hand I don`t know if the zinc is preventing me of getting worse scars.

Can be age? I`m 24 years and 7 months and during this last 3 months I also noticed that a pore collapsed on my left cheek and that in the area of my mouth I got a little shallow wrinkle.

So maybe age is bringing down the production of collagen and that`s why I`m more prone to scarring, have a collapsed pore, note a wrinkle, etc?

could be because your picking at your acne?

HOw much zinc do you take and what kind?

Hello,

So my point is,

theres probably many reasons for the scarring forming and you've answered most of them yourself..like you said it could just simply be age, but its more than likely the ongoing acne, the picking and possibly the vitamin a and zinc.

i used vitamin a pills in the form of cod liver oil late last year and that was around the time i was breaking out and scarring regularly. funnilly enough i used accutane (even more vitamin a to clear it up).

you may need to try cleaning up your acne more (other threads on this site), without picking and then try and restore your moisture balance. a happy skin is hopefully one that scars less.

Hello,

So my point is,

I had always picked and never scarred unless 2 or 3 scars I had because of really huge zits. I take 50 mg of gluconate zinc per day.