Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Don

cutting scars with a razor blade for collagen production

hi everybody. I just wanted to share my experience with you.

I tried this on a small but really deep scar which already looks like a slash.

I took a razor blade and cut it about 3 times. Then it was bleeding a lot. I put some healing cream on the other day and then just left it alone.

That was 3 weeks ago. The was a shallow indent inside the actual indent which is now completely gone and the borders of the scar are much smoother as well.

I know this may sound completely lunatic but it's somehow the same as tca cross.

I'll wait maybe 1 or 2 weeks longer and see what's happening before doing it again on this one and other scars.

But notice: I guess this only works on small + shallow scars.

It probably won't work on wide ones and small icepicks.

I remember one guy some time ago who was telling same thing. He cut scar like a pizza with razor blade and promised before/after photos (he didnt do that)

I've wondered the same thing, if reopening the 'wound' and allowing it to reheal would have a positive effect. Particularly when scars were caused on Accutane and your skin is back to it's normal healing rate afterwards.

I don't see how a razor would work...i don't think it goes deep enough, the reason this works with needles and laser beams is that they penetrate deep in the dermis (some deeper than others). There is no way you could go deep enough with a razor...maybe needles though.

I wouldn't try it though, I have had 2 profractionals to date and have seen a good 50% improvement already, and I am only 1 and a half months from my first treatment, so I will continue to see more results.

I took a razor blade and cut it about 3 times. Then it was bleeding a lot. I put some healing cream on the other day and then just left it alone.

That was 3 weeks ago. The was a shallow indent inside the actual indent which is now completely gone and the borders of the scar are much smoother as well.

I know this may sound completely lunatic but it's somehow the same as tca cross.

I'll wait maybe 1 or 2 weeks longer and see what's happening before doing it again on this one and other scars.

Yeah show us your work. Do it again and take some photos. The results could be simply swelling. From cut this resides 2-3 weeks after making the injury. I am assuming you went very seperfilial(shallow) on the cuts. Just enought to cause some damage and bleeding.

If done right i could see it working. In reality it is like needling.Your forcing the body to heal that area, and for a cut from my experience my body lays down more material(giving me a raised scar) Never really thought about it but maybe i should try it on one of my pitted smaller boxcar scars too.

One question, compared to a pencil eraser, how big is your scar that this worked on. And how deep is it.

Im assuming your scar is about the size of a pencil eraser and about .5mm depth(very shallow)

Edited by epcortek

I don't see how a razor would work...i don't think it goes deep enough, the reason this works with needles and laser beams is that they penetrate deep in the dermis (some deeper than others). There is no way you could go deep enough with a razor...maybe needles though.

A razor blade can go as deep as you want it to go, it can cut right through the skin and muscle, this is very dangerous and could leave a worse scar.

Why risk it, just try a needle stamp, same concept, no risks with the stamp.

Yeah show us your work. Do it again and take some photos. The results could be simply swelling. From cut this resides 2-3 weeks after making the injury. I am assuming you went very seperfilial(shallow) on the cuts. Just enought to cause some damage and bleeding.

If done right i could see it working. In reality it is like needling.Your forcing the body to heal that area, and for a cut from my experience my body lays down more material(giving me a raised scar) Never really thought about it but maybe i should try it on one of my pitted smaller boxcar scars too.

One question, compared to a pencil eraser, how big is your scar that this worked on. And how deep is it.

Im assuming your scar is about the size of a pencil eraser and about .5mm depth(very shallow)

The scar is 2,5mmx1mm (as I mentioned it really looks like a small slash) so it is a small one but rather deep. maybe 1mm (it's hard to measure that). I also though it could be swelling, but I think after now more than 3 weeks, there shouldn't be any swelling anymore.

What really amazes me is that the scar had a small indention inside the actual indention which is completely gone. also it looks less sharp and much smoother.

btw. I really don't think needling is comparable to this. I know a girl who used to cut herself when she was younger. She's got many scars on her arms. Some of them are a bit hypertrophic. Which I think is something you can't get from needling as there is not so much collagen production because you only create small holes and not really destroy a larger area of tissue.

I can try to take pictures but the scar I tried on and the ones I'll probably try it on are very small and my camera is weak. But I'll see what I can do.

I'm not going to try this on larger ones because I just think it won't work. But for small ones this could be great.

Needling is not comparable to cutting, I just meant the principle of creating a wound to start the body's own healing process.

With cutting there's a very high chance you'll get a scar. Not so with needling, have you ever gotten a scar from a needle prick?

It's not worth the risk with cutting. Just get one of those small needle stamps and you can do some serious controlled needling on the scar, the penetration depth is controlled, you can stick the needles straight and at angles.