Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Idolator

Moisterizer after applying Apple Cider Vinegar?

So I was wondering if applying moisterizer after applying ACV actually helped your skin in anyway. I'm just worried about it causing irritation or slowing down the healing process (if that's even possible). Sometimes I do put moisterizer on afterwards because it helps cover up the awful smell of ACV, but it's not really a daily thing I do.

Any help would be great!

I always moisturize, especially since i find the acv to be especially drying (my skin is starting to come around though and it doesnt dry it out as much). I just give the acv 10 - 15 mins to dry and work its magic and then apply moisturizer. It obviously depends which one you are using but i use an all natural one and have not had any problems.

Edited by JAG221

Thanks for the reply, are you seeing any results for red marks with ACV? It's been two weeks, and I just don't know if I'm getting anywhere.. :/

Also, are you taking it orally too?

I am seeing results overall. My acne has significantly improved over the past month but i have also been taking acnescript as well. I think the acv has a lot to do with the improvement of my skin (red marks fading, dry spots going away), just give it at least a month. Also what brand are you using. From personal experience and from reading posts on here i strongly recommend using braggs. I used heinz for a while and saw no results.

And yes, i take one acv tablet with a glass of water when i first wake up in the morning and another before bed.

I am seeing results overall. My acne has significantly improved over the past month but i have also been taking acnescript as well. I think the acv has a lot to do with the improvement of my skin (red marks fading, dry spots going away), just give it at least a month. Also what brand are you using. From personal experience and from reading posts on here i strongly recommend using braggs. I used heinz for a while and saw no results.

And yes, i take one acv tablet with a glass of water when i first wake up in the morning and another before bed.

Yeah, I'm using Braggs too. I actually looked in the mirror a few minutes ago and was shocked at how much better my face looked, the redness from all of my red marks kind of died down a little bit. I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact that I hadn't consumed any sugar all day, since I decided to test and see if my poor diet had anything to do with me acne today by staying away from sugar.

And about the tablets, I'm 130lbs, so I'm pretty underweight for being a 19 year old male, have you suffered any weight loss from taking these? I just really don't want to become even more skinny than I am.

What is Acnescript?

And is Acnescript the only thing you are doing other than ACV to take care of acne?

-Thanks for the replies!

The weight thing is really hard to say. I have always been on the lower end of my weight bracket as well but have found a balance in my diet to keep me from being underweight (i'm also female so its of less concern to me). The tablets definitely regulate you more and i know people have reported weight loss.

Acnescript was a last resort for me before going back to the derm for prescription which i am against and its amazing. It took over a month to work for me but still worked faster and is more effective than when i was on Solodyn. They have free samples but it goes quickly and is kind of expensive so it really depends on if you are on a budget or not whether you want to go that route. I would say take care of your diet first since a large percentage of people see significant difference just when doing that.

So for my acne i do acnescript, acv, black currant oil, and vitamin d3. I also adhere to a pretty strict diet but i have for the past couple of years and this alone did not get rid of my acne.

And i also agree with englishsummer. I dilute my acv 1:1 with aloe vera and i swear by its healing properties.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I'll definitely have to look into Acnescript.

So when you say doing 1:1 with Aloe Vera, what do you mean exactly? Right now I'm doing half water and half ACV. So would that be half Aloe Vera and half ACV? So no water? Sorry for my stupidity, haha. :P

No worries, they're not stupid questions. But yes, i do half acv and half aloe vera, if i run out of aloe vera i do use water but i prefer the aloe vera.

Good luck to you!

Thanks! I'll give that a shot then. Any specific type of Aloe Vera I should use?

Edited by Symmetry

I buy it in larger quantities through organic-creations.com and then refrigerate it. It's cheaper and doesn't have as much extra stuff in it that i find in stores. You kind of just need to search around for it, you may have a local store that sells a good brand at a reasonable price.