Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Number1nerd

Anyone ever tried Proactive?

I'm going on accutane soon, and afterwards was thinking about using proactive to keep my skin clear. I know that is the routine jessica simpson has done, and her face is absolutely perfect.

Some questions I have for Proactive users - does it make your face look whiter when you put on the cream? I've heard of that... but i just wonder if it happens to everyone, or maybe to the people who don't rub it in enough, etc...

Second, I really like the idea of a three-step regimine - cleansing, toning, lotion... Do you? (that was a weird question, i know wink.gif )

Third, has anyone found an increased sensitivity to light w/it?

Fourth, since it has BP in it, does it also bleach clothes, fabrics, etc?

Fifth... how well do you think it works for mild acne? And for sensitive skin?

Thanks smile.gif

I used proactiv a while ago and personally I found it irritating to my skin and useless. I returned it in a few weeks. I guess for mild acne it should be alright; I know a few people who have good results with it.

I had proactive for a while it made it a bit smoother but it didnt take away the redmarks and made my skin dry so i stoped using it.

Proactive sucked. I actually had people tell me while I was on it that it was making my acne worse. Its just too irritating.. maybe if I had moisturized back then it wouldve been better.

I had no luck with Proactiv, and my acne is mild/moderate. It was a pain to do the three step process (it's only cool at first) - and it leaves your skin dry and feeling greasy (the lotion does that). If you're going to do it and want to save money just buy the cheapest package first and then cancel - they'll send you much cheaper offers in the mail because they don't want you leaving their Clear Skin Club. When they can keep skin clear I'll join it again.

do not waste your money! if you really want to try it, buy the cheaper knockoff called Klear Action. but, really, i don't think either will work...proactiv just made my blemishes redder, and it did give me a sun sensitivity. anything with BP bleaches fabrics, so yes, it does bleach fabrics. and, Jessica Simpson gets paid to say she uses it. i remember in an interview with her she specifically said she used ACCUTANE to get clear skin. the proactiv is just a promotional deal for her.

yeah I know she used accutane, but I was under the impression that afterwards she used proactive to stay clear. Hmmm... It seems like no one has really liked it very much, so your probably right about how Jessica gets payed to endorse it. mad.gif Grrr! I really wonder what she uses!

Worked for me for a year like and than I started breaking out in LOTS of cysts, (actually this has been seen in a lot of Proactiv customers so they made another bottle of Repairing Lotion with a higher BP concentration) The only problem I saw with Proactiv was that there were too many rules to stay zit free. You couldnt go out in the sun, you had to apply perfectly down to the last word, and it left me really greasy. But if it works for you, than by all means stay on it!

I tried Proactive for a year...all I can say, waste of time and money. They promise you all these good things in the commercial, but my skin was better before just using cheaper over the counter products. And if you look at the ingredients on the back of proactive, it's nothing extrodinary from just other things you can buy at the drug store. The face wash was the worse part. The gritty stuff would get stuck in my eyes after washing.

I tried proactiv before using Dan's regimen.

It's expensive, but it is kinda nice. The cleanser was alright, I like how it exfoliated, but it dried me out a bit and I have oily skin, so that tells you something.. I didn't like the toner that much.. it made my skin look ugly, and it made my skin feel on the sticky side. What I think is probably the most useful product of the kit is the repairing lotion. The only problem is they don't give you enough lotion! >.< But the lotion was nice and light, and smelled really nice. It absorbed quickly and made my skin really smooth and soft.

If it weren't so expensive, I'd prolly just buy the repairing lotion. However, I don't think 60 ml will last me 2 months.

Kept me 100% clear throughout my treacherous highschool years (thank the Lord).

Then i started breaking out, it didnt control them at all last summer so i quit it.

I gave it another go THIS summer, seemed to work at first, then i got the worst breakout which im still recovering from and am now using botchlas regimen to help play clean up crew. I used proactiv for 2 months this summer, i had faith in it and everything. oh well. fuck proactiv!

Although i continue to use their toner i am going to cut that out as well because i think its causing me to break out still....

proactiv was the best thing that worked for me, although the bp wash gets a bad rep because it irritates and dries out almost everyone (not me and remember your face is supposed to be wet before you put it on) I like the mask, bp's expensive but not much different rom dans which is good. never got the idea behind the toner

mix and match use it for 2 weeks, start small and remember to moisturise! (there moisturiser is good but leaves a residue...) if your still geting really dried out switch the bp wash for something gentler, maybe with a little SA in it.

switch out the toner with diluted ACV for red marks... use the mask if you feel a pimple coming... umm that seems good good luck!

i'm under the impression that proactiv is mostly BP action.. just go out to the store and buy a SA cleanser, and get some of DAN's BP gel and i think that's as good as proactiv