Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan C

Lac Hydrin 5 combined with Dan's Moisturizer?

So I just got Lac Hydrin 5, a moisturizer containing 5% lactic acid for exfoliation purposes. I have been on the Regimen for about 5 weeks now, and dryness is still a problem. Flakiness, a little bit of redness, leathery look, and tightness. Although it has gotten better since weeks 3 and 4, I figured it was time to try something new. This formula is very hard to spread around dry skin after BP (as I found out the first time I used it) which leads to irritiation in its application. It also burned like hell the first time. I tried mixing it with Dan's Moisturizer and Jojoba oil (1 pump of Dan's, maybe a dime size of Lac Hydrin, and 5 drops of jojoba oil). I know this is somewhat of a weird experimentation, but thus far it has been quite hydrating without the burn. I was curious if anyone has tried something like this and what the results were if you did. I don't want to be mixing up any ingredients and causing some sort of weird chemical reaction on my face! Since the ingredients of both are both non-comedogenic and moisturizing, I figured it couldn't hurt! Any feedback would be great! Thanks