Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LillyMay77

kenalog injections to scars or pimples

Has anyone received kenalog injections to their pimples/raised scars? Do you believe they have benefited you, and about how many rounds did you receive? I went back to my main derm, today and he told me my pimple is still active (after almost three months) and gave me a shot. He told me that in three days to two weeks I have a 90 percent chance it will be gone. Starting to really not trust doctors anymore. Wish I had more faith in them but sadly I don't. Could use some input regarding this issue.

Has anyone received kenalog injections to their pimples/raised scars? Do you believe they have benefited you, and about how many rounds did you receive? I went back to my main derm, today and he told me my pimple is still active (after almost three months) and gave me a shot. He told me that in three days to two weeks I have a 90 percent chance it will be gone. Starting to really not trust doctors anymore. Wish I had more faith in them but sadly I don't. Could use some input regarding this issue.

Can a steriod injection be squeezed out? help

Guest Timehealsall

hey did the bump you had go away?

Hey the kenalog injection failed. My dermatologist is cutting it out Dec 6. I am upset the injection failed and I have to resort to having him cut me but I have no other option. I am all for him cutting/burning/freezing/ hell he can even shoot it off, I just want it gone. I don't even care about the scar I am going to have. Scars give character, bumps just make me look like a clown.

Guest Timehealsall

i dont think its GUARANTEED to leave a scar. it probably wont. Tell me how it goes

Hey the kenalog injection failed. My dermatologist is cutting it out Dec 6. I am upset the injection failed and I have to resort to having him cut me but I have no other option. I am all for him cutting/burning/freezing/ hell he can even shoot it off, I just want it gone. I don't even care about the scar I am going to have. Scars give character, bumps just make me look like a clown.

i dont think its GUARANTEED to leave a scar. it probably wont. Tell me how it goes

I will update once the procedure comes.

Edited by demona

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 24 2010, 05:18 PM)

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Nov 24 2010, 06:12 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 24 2010, 06:07 PM)

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Nov 24 2010, 02:18 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 24 2010, 02:07 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 16 2010, 07:54 PM)

My dermatologist did not cut out because he thought the shot worked good, the bump is still there, so i asked for another shot, and he gave it to me, though he did not want to. Hopefully will not get dent, though he warned I could.

Edited by LillyMay77

Guest Timehealsall

My dermatologist did not cut out because he thought the shot worked good, the bump is still there, so i asked for another shot, and he gave it to me, though he did not want to. Hopefully will not get dent, though he warned I could. Now I am worried about dent, would be worse then this tiny bump.

yous aid youd rather have an indent becuase it gives character instead of a bump... wtf

You better be careful with that. Those shots can last over a year and people have lost fat and tissue; a permanent depression/dimple. Don't be in such a hurry.

You better be careful with that. Those shots can last over a year and people have lost fat and tissue; a permanent depression/dimple. Don't be in such a hurry.

Well its still there, and my derm told me it would be another three months for it to leave.

My dermatologist did not cut out because he thought the shot worked good, the bump is still there, so i asked for another shot, and he gave it to me, though he did not want to. Hopefully will not get dent, though he warned I could. Now I am worried about dent, would be worse then this tiny bump.

yous aid youd rather have an indent becuase it gives character instead of a bump... wtf

scars give character not dents from kenalog injections.

They're the same thing imo.

Is kenalog the same thing as a cortisone shot?

QUOTE (Anti - Em @ Jan 2 2011, 12:51 AM)

QUOTE (demona @ Jan 1 2011, 08:39 PM)

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Dec 8 2010, 09:11 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Dec 8 2010, 03:15 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 24 2010, 05:18 PM)

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Nov 24 2010, 06:12 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 24 2010, 06:07 PM)

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Nov 24 2010, 02:18 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 24 2010, 02:07 PM)

QUOTE (demona @ Nov 16 2010, 07:54 PM)

They're the same thing imo.

Is kenalog the same thing as a cortisone shot?

Scars are not the same as dents from kenalog injections. Yes kenalog is the same as a cortisone shot, both steriods.

Edited by LillyMay77

How do you think a dent from that is different than a scar? They seem to be the same to me. Do they look that different?

I had a cortisone injection once and it didn't work. No dent, but no results.

QUOTE (Anti - Em @ Jan 6 2011, 07:01 PM)

How do you think a dent from that is different than a scar? They seem to be the same to me. Do they look that different?

I had a cortisone injection once and it didn't work. No dent, but no results.

I go Kenalog shot, two of them didn't work for me either. Very frustrating.

Edited by LillyMay77

I go Kenalog shot, two of them didn't work for me either. Very frustrating. A scar is a result from skin trauma. Dent from shots are temporary loss of tissue, that fill in over time. I have small dent under my bump, from the injection. : ( he told me i might get dent but didnt't think it would be on my normal tissue, not my bump tissue. I will never win. I hate that I ruined my nose, by popping a pimple too early, the quilt consumes me daily. I will fix this somehow.

hey how did your bump go away? i had 2 shots in the same cyst and it looks like the second one did it for me. i never had any dents and i have had a ton of cortisone shots. i guess i am either lucky or my derm knows what she is doing. i hope that your bump is gone now.