Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chikyuu

Spot treatment suggestions other than AHA+?

Does anyone have tips for a better spot treatment on the regimen than AHA+? it doesn't seem to really do anything because my acne is red and inflamed but it doesn't have a white "plug" whitehead on top. People have suggested Clean n Clear persa gel 10 to me, Ive never tried tea tree oil or anything, what do you think?

Edited by Chikyuu

i never liked BP spot treatments, they just turn my zits into painful bloody mounds of irritated, sore tender pain that NEVER scab and take WEEKS to go away.

and AHA doesn't help much at all unless i catch the zit the DAY it starts to emerge, litterally the second i feel any kind of itchy/slight soreness, i blast it with my AHA lotion (don't got plain AHA) and it tends to help it, or prevent it all together.

Anyway, if you want you can try the persa gel or even TTO if you want, its all about experimenting and seeing what works best for you.

Guest Timehealsall
i never liked BP spot treatments, they just turn my zits into painful bloody mounds of irritated, sore tender pain that NEVER scab and take WEEKS to go away.

and AHA doesn't help much at all unless i catch the zit the DAY it starts to emerge, litterally the second i feel any kind of itchy/slight soreness, i blast it with my AHA lotion (don't got plain AHA) and it tends to help it, or prevent it all together.

Anyway, if you want you can try the persa gel or even TTO if you want, its all about experimenting and seeing what works best for you.

why would you want your zits to scab? Isnt that really bad?

I think you mean zits that never dry up or harden up

just curious, but how long do your zits last now that your on the regimen?

Honestly I haven't been timing how long they last... but if I HAD to guess... maybe a week? they're really strange spots IMO staying under my skin as red bumps? But *whispers* I can still pop them anyway. It's quite strange. And right now basically the only place I'm really breaking out is my cheeks. Which is a bit odd seeing as how a year ago it was more my forehead and hairline area.

Guest Timehealsall

Honestly I haven't been timing how long they last... but if I HAD to guess... maybe a week? they're really strange spots IMO staying under my skin as red bumps? But *whispers* I can still pop them anyway. It's quite strange. And right now basically the only place I'm really breaking out is my cheeks. Which is a bit odd seeing as how a year ago it was more my forehead and hairline area.

mines usually last 2 weeks. It SUCKS

I personally swear by tea tree oil. It's one of those things that you have to be really sparing with, though, because it irritates my sensitive skin a little if I get it on other places besides the pimple. Nothing major, just a little dryness or redness.

Guest Timehealsall

hey jpefive, i looked at your sig, and it says you spot treat with neosporin. Do you use this on open pimples or even closed ones?

Which one do you use, cream or ointment?

thanks!

I use the cream pain relief one on closed and open blemishes. I use it on the closed ones usually if it's just really painful and infected. I also use the ointment if it's gotten really damaged or open and I need to protect it. :)

No, i mean scabs.

when i get a big pimple, it tends to get a BIG whitehead, and that almost always peels off somehow, and then it scabs over.

When i spot treated with BP, It woudn't scab up, it would just continuously bleed every morning when i washed my face, it was horrible.

And three days usually, depending on the size, but mostly three days or less.

Aspirin. Dissolve one aspirin tablet in water and dab the paste on any active acne. Anti-inflammatory, so it's especially good for painful pimples, and it contains a form of BHA which helps clear pores.

:]

Guest Timehealsall
I use the cream pain relief one on closed and open blemishes. I use it on the closed ones usually if it's just really painful and infected. I also use the ointment if it's gotten really damaged or open and I need to protect it. :)

hey jpefive, how many times do you use the neosporin on these zits?

do you usually use it until they heal up or what?

Tea Tree Oil is evil. I was on that for quite a while and it did no good. It caused too much irritation, redness, and burning. Not to mention, it ended up irritating my skin so much that it caused dermatitis and I had to go to the dermatologist and get a prescription topical treatment to cure the dermatitis. Be very careful when trying Tea Tree Oil.