Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Just me!

Revlon's ColorStay Makeup for Normal to Dry Skin...

Hello everyone! :)

I was interested in the ColorStay foundation for a while... and finally took the plunge after reading so many great reviews for the oily skin version! With winter quickly approaching and Differin drying out my skin, I decided last minute to get the normal/dry version... and to my surprise it has Bismuth Oxychloride! >__<;;;

On the ingredients label Bismuth Oxychloride is between Titanium Dioxide (4.4%) and Zinc Oxide (2%). So... the amount of Bismuth Oxychloride in this foundation should be between 2%-4.4%...

I've only been wearing the foundation for about an hour, but don't feel any itching... i'll update if this changes.

Please advise me on whether the percentage is low enough to continue using... or if I should just abandon ship while it's still early. :confused:

It really depends on your skin. If you're not having any adverse reactions to it, then I say you should just continue using it because it really does have amazing staying power. When I tried it, it took about 2 days for my face to break out in tiny red bumps all over... like tiny hives. They didn't itch, but it was obviously an allergic reaction so I can't really use it. Hopefully you don't have any adverse reactions to it, but if you do, stop right away.

Thanks for the replies, ladies! :) I've only worn the makeup for a half day and have not had a reaction (yet? *knocks on wood*).

fourfivesix, thanks for the advice! Hopefully i won't have a reaction... it's really great foundation. :D

So does that mean that people who are sensitive to Bismuth Oxychloride get irritation? If not, does anyone know how long it would take to start breaking out?

Sorry for all the questions...

Hello everyone! :)

I was interested in the ColorStay foundation for a while... and finally took the plunge after reading so many great reviews for the oily skin version! With winter quickly approaching and Differin drying out my skin, I decided last minute to get the normal/dry version... and to my surprise it has Bismuth Oxychloride! >__<;;;

On the ingredients label Bismuth Oxychloride is between Titanium Dioxide (4.4%) and Zinc Oxide (2%). So... the amount of Bismuth Oxychloride in this foundation should be between 2%-4.4%...

I've only been wearing the foundation for about an hour, but don't feel any itching... i'll update if this changes.

Please advise me on whether the percentage is low enough to continue using... or if I should just abandon ship while it's still early. :confused:

Please please!! DO NOT use ANYTHING with Bismuth Oxychloride in it. It's chemical makeup is similar to ARSENIC! I used Bare Minerals for 2 years when my face started itching, turning red, skin hardened, and I would literally shed layers of thick skin off my face!

From that nightmare...I broke out with moderate to severe acne, which is how I got here. I am now on Accutane, and have had a scar fixed from a bad breakout that I had.

I finally figured it out, switched to all natural make up and seem to be doing ok.

Be well, and God Bless

omg, i'm so sorry for what you had to go through, trulydee! ): thank you so much for the warning! So you just suddenly starting becoming sensitive to it after 2 years? Did you have any irritation/breakouts before that, or did you only break out after 2 years?