Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ali1992

Water and sponge ?

Do you guys think that it's bad me taking my make up off on a night with just water and a sponge, will this make my acne worse?, or do I need to use cleansing face wash? However I find that they irritate my skin!

i dont think you would be able to take off much of the makeup with only water, so after you wash you're gonna have too much makeup left on you skin which will probably lead to clogged pores and breakouts later.

i use DHC cleansing oil sometimes which i absolutely love.

It really depends on what kind of makeup you wear. Also,sometimes your face *looks* clean but when you swab your face with toner you can see all the gunk you missed.

Sponges on the face sound gross,too. Seems like they'd trap bacteria big time.

I doubt you'd be getting it all off, unless you literally scrub your face. You need something that will break down the makeup and get it all off so it doesn't clog your pores at night.

You could use moisturizer - dip cotton balls in moisturizer and get it all off that way, it's really easy and gets the job done for the most part. You could also get a facial bar and wash it off in the shower. Or get makeup wipes from the dollar store. So many options..

You could use baby wipes. or a cleansing oil. I dont think water and sponge will actually break down the makeup. To me, it sounds like you'll be causing more breakouts by not removing the make up properly....