Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OmgiitsEmma

Long time regimen users

How long did it take you to get clear and consistantly STAY clear?

I have been on the regimen for 3 months and I am still continuing to break out.

Also, how long did it take your skin to stop being so dry?

Did your skin ever return to it's normal texture?

In your signature it says that you are using jojoba oil after cleansing before you apply BP. Maybe that's the problem. The point of cleansing is to remove oil from your face so the BP can penetrate the skin. You're putting the oil back onto your skin immediately after removing it.

In my opinion, 3 months is the minimum amount of time you should give the regimen time to start working. I'd say you should keep at it for 6 months to see good improvement, but you have to follow it precisely without adding any extra steps.

I completely agree with Minty. I'm pretty sure part of the reason for layering versus mixing of treatment and lotion is to allow for better absorption.

Uhm, i use LOTS of oil before my BP, and it works fine for me o.O

Some say the oil actually HELPS the BP to penetrate deeper into the pore because jojoba is a carrier oil, which means it helps whatever you mix it with go deeper in the pore, being more effective.

Theres a difference between your skins oil, and jojoba oil.

Also, i thought cleansing was JUST to remove left over product (like BP and what have you) to prep the skin for the BP? yeah it cleanses it a bit, but thats not the main purpose?

I don't know, just my opinion.

It took me about 2 weeks to get clear and I stayed clear for a month or so and then I stopped using the BP because I ran out and consequently broke out. I then ordered some new BP, and cleared up completely in about 3 weeks. :D I now am weaning myself off of the BP by only applying at night time. I am clear except for 1 zit on my nose, and 2 tiny ones on my chin. Keep in mind I first started the regimen in March and then started up again in late April/early May.

Some say the oil actually HELPS the BP to penetrate deeper into the pore because jojoba is a carrier oil, which means it helps whatever you mix it with go deeper in the pore, being more effective.

Also, i thought cleansing was JUST to remove left over product (like BP and what have you) to prep the skin for the BP? yeah it cleanses it a bit, but thats not the main purpose?

Yeah. Lots of people use Jojoba before their BP and say it works fine. If I use jojoba after BP all it does is sit there and do nothing. Before BP, my skin feels a lot more hydrated without excess oil sitting on it. Not sure why.

Yeah. Lots of people use Jojoba before their BP and say it works fine. If I use jojoba after BP all it does is sit there and do nothing. Before BP, my skin feels a lot more hydrated without excess oil sitting on it. Not sure why.

I hate the exact opposite problem, the BP absorbs normally, but the oil just sits there, but when i apply moisturizer with oil in it, it absorbs really well and makes my skin look perfectly flake-free and nice and dewy.

I guess the BP just helps jojoba oil absorb better for you, and it just makes the olive oil sit on top for me.

Odd.

The first time I got clear from the regimen was around 3 and a half weeks. But I was still getting minor break outs once a week. At about 8 or 9 weeks i stopped getting breakouts all together. I still get a tiny, barely noticeable pimple on my forehead once a week, but my forehead is naturally 95 % clear with or without the regimen. As far as the problem areas where I had acne, such as chin, jawline, and cheeks, I haven't had a pimple for almost a month.

I've been on the regimen for 3.5 months using two pumps. I still suffered from random dry spells, so I went down to a little under 1 1/2 pumps. This keeps me clear and I haven't had a problem with flakes since. I also use aha once a day for exfoliation and I don't even moisturize that often, only if I'm going out and I want to cover up the couple stubborn flakes that are left. Moisturizer never seemed to eliminate dryness, it just covers it up. Gaining a tolerance to bp, reducing the amount of bp, and exfoliation are the only things that actually keep me from getting flaky in the first place.

Oh shi-

I got clear around month two, but its mostly just spurts of clearness, for about a week and over, then i break out, i've narrowed it down to Dairy, so since i'm not eating any anymore, hopefully i'll stay clear.

Hey,

I cleared up a lot in the first month but still was breaking out regularly. I was also VERY dry the first month... I started breaking out in 1-3 pimples a week after my second full month and then around 3 full months I got totally clear.

HOWEVER: I started using AHA every night to fade my red marks around the one month mark and it really fucked up my face. I thought it would help with dryness but it made it very leathery and the texture was just terrible. In August (I started in May) I was SOOOO close to giving up because my face-- while clear-- was irritated beyond belief by the AHA (but I thought it was the BP) and I wanted a normal texture. But then I cut back on AHA to 1-3 times a week and my texture became very nice and my complexion became very even.

Using jojoba daily has really improved my texture, too. I'd say that the texture of my skin is different than before I started DKR but not in a bad way. It's a lot softer now than it ever was and a lot more dewy.

What Dan doesn't tell you is that 3 months isn't a lot of time on the Regimen. I'm 6 months in and I've had 2 pimples since September. It's amazing... just stick with it.

How long did it take you to get clear and consistantly STAY clear?

I have been on the regimen for 3 months and I am still continuing to break out.

Also, how long did it take your skin to stop being so dry?

Did your skin ever return to it's normal texture?

Hello OmgiitsEmma I have been on the Dan's Regimen now for a 1yr 1/2 since may 1st 2009 till now when i started dan's Regimen in may of 2009 till the end of 2009 it was only anywhere from ok to good nothing pass that. i also used all of dans items till the start of 2010 then i said to myself i need too mix things up because something was not working for me so i replaced Dan's Cleanser-because it sucked :mad:.and i got some blackSoap made with shea butter-for blackskin.:surprised: i also had started too use AcneScript for oily skin + there Boosters. and now My skin is Rocking i now only get a few small breakouts if at all. and i have only 10-14 darkspots/Blackheads left :cry: but i like the Regimen now since i have mixed things up and now Clearskin is just down the Dam "Yellow Brick Road" :lol: and i cant wait because like Dorothy said "there's no place like home" :lol: and clearskin is home! :razz:

Yeah I was on the regiment until a few months ago because I felt like my skin was getting used to it. It helped initially but I was still having a few breakouts. But now that I switched to maxclarity I'm not sure if it was the regiment that was the problem. I'm starting to think that it either has to do with my milk consumption or smoking. I'm cutting out smoking first and hopefully it'll show some good results.

I've been using BP in conjunction with the maxclarity treatment.

I've been on the Regimen now since December 2009.

It took me around 4 months of consistent, persistent following of the Regimen instructions to get somewhat clear. Around the 5th month I switched away from Dan's moisturizer, because I didn't like the way it made my skin feel. I also started using BP only at the evenings and perform two AHA+ full-facials per week. A full-facial means two thick finger lengths of AHA+ on the facial skin so that it really enforces the skin to flake away.

I only do an "AHA+ scrub", as I call it, on the evenings, as the flaking is sometimes quite extreme and going out feels a bit inconvenient.

I am 98% clear these days, with some lingering blackheads on the nose from times looooong past when I did zero treatment and just suffered through acne with sheer willpower. It takes many, many, many more scrubs to get those out =)