Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefreehopefully

Should I do a liver detox?

As Ive posted on other posts I was on painkillers for 3 years and I recently stopped taking them (6 months ago).

I am very much considering doing a colon cleanse followed by a liver/kidney detox.....Primarily for my inflammatory acne but also for my overall health.

I know next to nothing on the subject, and am looking for some input from more knowledgable members.

I just stopped taking anti-biotics for acne yesterday (doryx). Was on them for 3 months. I am currently taking a Trader Joes Pro-biotic which contains milk....but it was the only one I could find.

is it too dangerous to do a liver/colon cleanse after just coming off of anti-biotics?

Also, please LMK good brands to use, or if I could just get away with using a detox tea or something with dandelion/milk thistle/ and burdock root?

I experimented with organic, dandelion root for about 5 weeks and it definitely helped clear me out. I drank 3 cups a day and I believe it did cleanse me. I am not sure of what benefits I received but I don't think it did any harm.

I found the dandelion root at Whole Foods.

I am not sure of a cleanse after antibotics...you may want to google it.

i think you should just start eating a healthy diet and continue to take probiotics, if you do a cleanse and take probiotics they will just flush out of your system. dont make and drastic changes, just slowly start eating more healthy until you have a well balanced diet and continue to take probiotics.

Edited by black13