Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
minifoxie

Initial Breakout

Is it possible to experiance an initial breakout in the first week.

I am on 20mg dose has anyone else experienced an IB in the first week of treatment. Just trying to work out if this the IB I have or if my skin is just bad.

yep. I got a few next pimples the first week, which didn't bother me cause it was normal. but I got the initial breakout like exactly 2 weeks from when I started accutane. It was weird cuz one day my face looked fine then the next it looked bumpy and welted all over my face. My mom asked me if I was having an allergic reaction, thats how shitty I looked. And the redness made it look worse too, ugh! But personally for me that only lasted 7 days! I know everybody reacts differently to the IB but after a few days of wanting to shy away from ppl, my face started to look back to normal, more matte and the redness is slowy going away. I also heard some ppl get an initial breakout when their dosage is increased? I dunno if this is true or not, but I start 60 mg next month and I hope my body handles it well... well, I hope this helped :)

Edited by steffers

best to get the IB early.. i had mine in first week or two aswell, the sooner it starts pushing the clogged pores to the surface and your oil levels start reducing, the sooner you'll find yourself with clear skin..

best to get the IB early.. i had mine in first week or two aswell, the sooner it starts pushing the clogged pores to the surface and your oil levels start reducing, the sooner you'll find yourself with clear skin..

Well thats good new thanks for that. How are you or did you go with your accutane journey?