Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefreehopefully

Just bought some Supplements/Vitamins, input?

Ok, been reading alot in this forum, and here is what I recently bought at Trader Joes=

-Odorless garlic tablets 400mg

-Vitamin D3 1,000IU %250 DV

-Antioxidant supplement=

Vitamin A/beta carotene %100 DV

Vitamin C %916 DV

Vitamin E %1333 DV

Zinc %100 DV

Selenium %71 DV

Chromium %25 DV

(also contains a blend of citrus bioflavonoids, grape seed extract and green tea leaf)

-Acidophilus/Probiotics (2 billion organisms per tablet)

-Flax seed oil 1000mg=

550mg ALA/Omega 3 %55 DV

140mg LA/Omega 6 %14 DV

190mg OA/Omega 9 %19 DV

Just read on this site about how Flax seed contains phyto estrogens like soy does.....NEVER would have thought.

Guess I will drop those

Any suggestions on what to add?

Have you thought about taking a multivtitamin?

Secondly, what areas of your diet are limiting, if any? What are you looking for in these vitamins?

finally, I have been eating flaxseed for 2 weeks now and I have no acne.

Realistlically I eat alot of Leafy greens, rice, chicken, eggs once or twice a week, beef once a week, pork once every ten days or so, never dairy products, (although I bought some goat milk yogurt to get some probiotics in my diet)

Never eat fish since Im worried about toxicity and iodine (but I need to eat more wild caught salmon)

Also, I dont take multi-vitamins cuz they contain iodine in them

As for flax seed, I get psyched out when I hear about thigns breaking people out....but once I heard it has phyto estrogens in it....im out. Still need those omega 3's though

Edited by acnefreehopefully

Whatever you do, make sure your probiotic does not contain any milk protein, or you might be defeating the purpose of your supplements.

Realistlically I eat alot of Leafy greens, rice, chicken, eggs once or twice a week, beef once a week, pork once every ten days or so, never dairy products, (although I bought some goat milk yogurt to get some probiotics in my diet)

Never eat fish since Im worried about toxicity and iodine (but I need to eat more wild caught salmon)

Also, I dont take multi-vitamins cuz they contain iodine in them

As for flax seed, I get psyched out when I hear about thigns breaking people out....but once I heard it has phyto estrogens in it....im out. Still need those omega 3's though

Thanks. It sounds like you eat pretty healthy. Have you linked your acne to any specific diet...iodine/soy/dairy? If not, it might be good to rest those fears.

As you probably know, one thing that may make me break out, may not cause it for you. Flaxseeds have not affected me at all and I don't take in any soy.

I stopped drinking dairy products because of the general concensus that they cause acne.....

No proof really.

I suppose I should get a allergen test but im broke and have no insurance.

As for the probiotics....the only reason im taking them is because im coming off of 3 months of an anti-biotic....should I eat goats milk yogurt instead to restore my natural flora?

Or can you reccomend a "Milk-protein free" pro-biotic for me? Thanks for the input guys

Eating healthy definitly helps. Vitamins are a MUST for normal cell growth! Water is a great anti-toxin to help flush them from your body as well. Cure it from theinside and out!

I stopped drinking dairy products because of the general concensus that they cause acne.....

No proof really.

I suppose I should get a allergen test but im broke and have no insurance.

As for the probiotics....the only reason im taking them is because im coming off of 3 months of an anti-biotic....should I eat goats milk yogurt instead to restore my natural flora?

Or can you reccomend a "Milk-protein free" pro-biotic for me? Thanks for the input guys

If you have no proof dairy causes your acne, i dont see why you shouldnt try the goats milk yogurt.

Here are ways to get pro-biotics from your diet without milk:

http://nourishedkitchen.com/dairy-free-probiotics/

Here is a dairy free supplement:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00013YXK...ASIN=B00013YXKY

Edited by steeler