Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefreehopefully

Looking for a good wash and moisturizer....

Im looking for a good face wash and moisturizer since ive noticed the proactive is making me scar alot worse.

Im going to use it once every 3rd day though since im coming off of 3 months of doryx and will probabaly have a post-antibiotic breakout.

I looked at Cetaphil at the store but it had "sodium lauryl sulfate"

which Ive read on these boards and on the internet that it will make you break out...

I just need something very gentle, minimal or natural ingredients...

also need a good moisturizer but Im not sure since i dont want to plug my pores up with lotion...maybe manuka oil?

Any suggestions appreciated...thanks!

PS- I bought the tea tree oil face wash at trader joes but afraid to use it just yet...I want to choose wisely and stick with one

I've always loved the Purpose cleanser -- it's gentle but effective.

And I always recommend the Cerave moisturizers (lotion or cream... I have both!). It's pretty much the only moisturizer that doesn't irritate my skin while I'm using topical medications. Plus, they dry to a matte finish and moisturize well. Although I have to admit, if your skin is REALLY dry, you're probably going to need to add something to it.

cetaphil wash broke me out, but i'm not 100% sure, they did start once i started using it though, but it couldve been a coincidence.

but the moisturizer is AMAZING, i really really like it, probably the best i've tried.

Just my two cents.

The purpose cleanser is pretty much sold everywhere (as far as I know). You can find it at any drugstore (CVS, walgreens, rite aid, etc) or walmart or target. It's usually somewhere bottom shelf, where cetaphil might be. Hope you find it!

I absolutely love CeraVe. My dermatologist normally recommends cetaphil, but after doing some of my own research, I figured I'd try CeraVe out. I'm currently using Avar as well as Tazorac, so I needed a more gentle wash. It washes all of my make-up off, but also keeps my skin balanced. I never feel like my skin is super tight after I wash it. For a moisturizer, I personally like philosophy's hop in a jar...but it gets kind of pricy and some people are put off by the smell. CeraVe's moisturizer is nice too. At first it feels a little bit thick, but it dries within a few minutes and then your skin feels soft. I went in to the derm to get a glycolic peel from the nurse practitioner, and she actually prefers CeraVe products as well. They're really gentle and effective in my opinion. Good luck with the doryx! I tried it for a month...but it made me feel so nauseated so I'm currently on omnicef.