Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bolkonsky

Two pills at the same time or one over 12 hours?

Hi guys. I just started taking 40 mg daily (I took 20 mg daily in the first month without a problem) and I'm suffering from headches and body pains. I'm taking the two pills at the same time, just after lunch, and I was thinking: is it better if I take one over 12 hours (I don't know if I'm writting this correctly, so one at miday and one at midnight)? I mean, can the side effects be weakened this way? Lets say that 40mg of beer is a big thing: if you drink 40 mg at the same time you will get drunk, but if you drink 20mg over 12 hours you will not and in the end you drank the same amount of beer. lol. Sorry for my english, hope you guys can understand the point here. Thanks.

Edited by Bolkonsky

It's best to take as divided doses, per the accutane literature.

1073 The recommended dosage range for Accutane is 0.5 to 1.0 mg/kg/day given in

1074 two divided doses with food for 15 to 20 weeks.

Thank you for your answer Wynne.

I'm suffering from body pains and high body temperature. Should I reduce the dosage? I can live with the side-effects but I'm afraid that accutane is really messing with my body.

Edited by Bolkonsky

Thank you for your answer Wynne.

I'm suffering from body pains and lower body temperature. Should I reduce the dosage? I can live with the side-effects but I'm afraid that accutane is really messing with my body.

You need to speak with your doctor about the dosage and any side effects you're having. If they're bad enough, perhaps you should stop taking accutane until you speak with your doctor.

surly is doesn't matter to much if you take them at once

Yes it does. The prescribing information itself says to take in two divided doses.