Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minty Peas

My third roll

It's been about 10 months since my second roll.

I waited a long time between rolls unintentionally. I got busy with other things and didn't have a lot of free time to think about my scars. But...with the holidays coming up and inevitable visits from relatives, I guess I'm feeling more stressed about my appearance. I'm also considering a second session of Restylane before Christmas and fill a few more rolling scars this time. I am still enjoying the results of my first Restylane treatment on the large rolling scar on my left cheek. I'm not sure if the filler is still in there after all this time, but the scar depth has improved significantly, so of course I'd love to get an estimate from the doctor for doing the other scars. She cut me a deal for $100 last time, but I doubt she'd be so generous again. Rolling is relatively cheap. :)

Anyway, the third roll. I'm very surprised with myself. When I first read about people who were self-rolling and needling, I got shivers up my spine. I thought, "there's no way I would have the nerve to do that." Then later I thought, "well, maybe I could do the roller," and bought a kit. And now after three rolls, I kinda feel like a pro. I mean, I don't feel nervous or squeamish at all. I feel confident, and I even feel like I could actually needle individual scars, which I never thought I'd feel up to. It's amazing what having a few rolls under your belt (it has two meanings :lol: ) can do to your confidence levels. I rolled on Friday night, and the redness had faded completely by the following day. So I still don't know that I'm rolling long enough. It seems very quick to me. I don't time myself, but it seems like it's over in under five minutes. I bleed very little, and usually just at the tops of my cheeks near the cheek bone.

I'm not expecting any results from the roll. Mostly I was just surprised at how "normal" I felt while I was doing it. :)

Weird, I saw your signature somewhere else and was going to message you to ask how your rolls were going. :) I'm wondering how much improvement (in percentage), if any, have you seen in your scars after the first two rolls? Do you have any other types of scarring besides rolling? Please let me know!

By the way, $100 is so fairly cheap for a filler. I asked a facial plastic surgeon here in Dallas how much he charged for only one syringe of Restylane, and I believe it was around $400. :doh:

Weird, I saw your signature somewhere else and was going to message you to ask how your rolls were going. :) I'm wondering how much improvement (in percentage), if any, have you seen in your scars after the first two rolls? Do you have any other types of scarring besides rolling? Please let me know!

By the way, $100 is so fairly cheap for a filler. I asked a facial plastic surgeon here in Dallas how much he charged for only one syringe of Restylane, and I believe it was around $400. :doh:

I know right! Super cheap. It kinda makes me think that she overcharged me a bit for the two Total FX laser treatments and felt guilty. :lol: I think she usually charges around $500 per syringe. It's been over a year since I saw that doctor last, but I think she injected the fillers very well.

About rolling, though...Unfortunately I can't say I noticed any improvement from it. I look good for about two days after rolling from the skin's inflammatory reaction, but after that I didn't notice any improvement. Not saying that there was none, just that I didn't see it. I have mainly rolling scars on my left cheek, and lots of boxcar scars on my right cheek.