Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eazy^

pale skin and accutane

i see alot of people get photosensativity and very thin fragile skin. im a very pale skinned person (irish) and i live in a tropical climate. those 2 things sound like they would be horrible for me while im on accutane. my question is are pale/fair skinned people more prone to skin thinning?

Edited by black13

i see alot of people get photosensativity and very thin fragile skin. im a very pale skinned person (irish) and i live in a tropical climate. those 2 things sound like they would be horrible for me while im on accutane. my question is are pale/fair skinned people more prone to skin thinning?

I cant answer for certain. However, I am very pale and I live in Florida. I had no skin thinning what-so-ever.

I got burned a few times, and it was no worse than a normal, non-accutane burn.

i am very nervous about starting accutane now, im very pale and i live in the tropics. all i see is everyone saying they get extremely photosensative, if anyone has experiences or what they think the probability of a pale skinned 19 year old male going on 20mg a day will have of being photosensative please share. i work outside and even if i put sunblock on the sun here is killer. this could be a decision maker for me

i am very nervous about starting accutane now, im very pale and i live in the tropics. all i see is everyone saying they get extremely photosensative, if anyone has experiences or what they think the probability of a pale skinned 19 year old male going on 20mg a day will have of being photosensative please share. i work outside and even if i put sunblock on the sun here is killer. this could be a decision maker for me

It's winter; really? I would actually consider moving if I were you. The weather is paramount to my overall health. I'm a cold-adapted Northerner at heart and I would hate to live in a warmer part of the States.

i absolutely hate the cold even though i grew up in new york, i couldnt move back if anything i just wouldnt take accutane.

Photosensitivity is one of the most common side effects so your chance of developing it is pretty good, but not everybody does so there's hope. If you do, just make sure to put on sunscreen and reapply it whenever needed. It seems like a hassle, but you'll get into a routine in no time.

yea hopefully me goin on this low dose will decrease the chance of developing photosensativity, i couldnt imagine not going out on the boat or beach all day =/

I'm fair skinned, used accutane in the middle of winter in the snow and used sunscreen. Had no burning. DID have chapped lips and photosensitivity though. Cold weather and I do not get along at all. :)