Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kairasa

New regime thoughts...

Hey there orgers! It has been a while since I have posted in these parts. I dabble in moderating but that is about it. :P

Anyways, I come here today to ask of your opinion. I'll keep this as short and sweet as possible (gotta dodge those tl;dr posters).

Current regime (since mid-2009):

1. Finacea - thin layer at night.

2. Duac - spot treat in the morning, when needed.

3. Wash with Cetaphil daily wash and moisturize with a mixture of Cetpahil and 100% aloe vera.

Until recently it has worked quite well. Here are pictures of my face currently. My face is at strange angles because the light needed to show my skin texture, that is mostly the problem.

Rocking the 'just showered' look.

The undesirable texture can be seen.

And now the other side!

Proof that I don't always have funky and wet hair. =P

Alright, things that have not worked in the past/will not try again for another reason.

1. Antibiotics of any sort (Doxycycline worked but that story is for another day).

2. Differin - stuck with it for at least 20 weeks, didn't do much at all.

3. Tea tree oil - irritates my skin something awful

3. Doing nothing/water immersion

4. Food doesn't have a large effect on my acne as far as I can tell.

So, org members...help a gal out. This place I've found is a nice sounding board. Much appreciated. =)

Wow your hair is gorgeous, so luscious! heh =]

Anyway.... have you ever used AHA? A real turning point in my skin came when I incorporated AHA into my regimen. You can see the products I like in my sig. I guess I just try to come at the acne from every angle.... BHA cleanser, AHA lotion, TTO for bacteria, gentle exfoliation and always moisturize well, especially in the cold dry months.

So far so good, but then as far as acne treatment goes, nothing seems to last forever :shrug:

Edited by skylyre

Thank you for your response. =) Hmm, I might consider it. I am fairly familiar with virtually all the types of acne medications out there. I'm glad your regime works for you but I am not really interested in having that many products to apply to my face.

I welcome any and all input though. I think I am going to make a derm appointment when I go back home over Christmas break, so we shall see then what happens. =)

Indeed I have not (and I have been here almost four years and am, in fact, a moderator haha)!

I have thought about it actually but until recently my face has been relatively clear. Even when I went on a month long roadtrip, which included long stints of backpacking and camping (aka no showers), my face was not broken out like this.

I can only assume it is the change in environment. I moved from West Virginia to Texas for the year and perhaps the water quality has changed along with the climate. Or I have had a shift in hormones.

I am honestly brainstorming ideas here. Feel free to join. =)

The first two years I had acne, nothing could really keep my face clear. Normal face washes helped, but I always had a couple zits and a huge cyst somewhere on my face at all times. Pretty much tried all of the general OTC things; Neutrogena, Clearisil, etc but nothing really worked even though my acne wasn't all too bad.

Then one day I picked up this exfoliating scrub thing, Clean & Clear Morning Burst In-Shower Facial I believe it's called. Its just a typical exfoliating scrub with AHA I think? Anywhoooo, some way or another it completely cleared up my acne like the day I began using it. Didn't have a single cyst (which I alwayshad on my face at any given time) for like 1.5-2ish years. Honestly, it was amazing. Unfortunately, I think my skin eventually became resistant to it after years of regular use, hence why I'm on this board in the first place.

So idk if/how much you've tried AHA but like I said, that C&C wash was a miracle for me while it lasted. Completely cleared my face up. Too bad it no longer works :'(. Oh well, I say go for it if you've tried everything else.

I looked up the ingrdients in the product and it has Glycolic Acid. I am not sure in what percentage.

I might give it a try just out of curiosity while I wait for the regimen products to come in. Thanks though and I am glad it is working for you. =)

try using pure lemon juice all over your face after cleansing. wash off after 10 minutes and moisturize with aloe vera. it seems to have a drying/pore unclogging effect. do this once a day before bed.

try using pure lemon juice all over your face after cleansing. wash off after 10 minutes and moisturize with aloe vera. it seems to have a drying/pore unclogging effect. do this once a day before bed.

Lemon juice all over can really dehydrate the skin. It's best to use it as a spot treatment.

And to the OP, I'm on Dan's regimen now and I have never found anything else that works better, especially short term wise (for me). I add AHA (10%) on spots.