Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so.. for my own personal reasons regarding acne and digestion I went on a murderous acne binge just to test the effects on my skin (100% clear at the time).

Everything I ate I'm intolerant to.

I was having roughly 8 servings of whole wheat cereal with milk per day, including crappy 2-minute noodles with all the MSG flavouring and whatnot, I had marshmallows and coco pops and basically whatever the hell I could be my hands onto. I had basically no vegetables or protein aside from what was in the milk/cereal.

I broke out with 3 cystic pimples about a day or two after, coupled with some seriously terrible stomach cramps and bloating, along with some effing bad gas.

After that I cut out the dairy and wheat cereal, but was still eating crappy foods, and absolutely no breakouts - in fact the massively inflamed cysts shrank to almost a non-existent status when I began shitting 2-3 times per day.

Conslusions:

I think for me, digestion is the biggest factor, and the serious digestion issues I suffered as a result of too much milk/gluten subsided immetiately after I stopped eating those foods.

I also think that less protein made for better digestion for the junk food days following the elimination of the milk .etc, and I'm going to cut the amount of protein by quite a bit - I actually think this could be one reason why "bodybuilders" get a bit of acne: if they're not having many shakes and instead are having alot of whole protein (chicken, tuna .etc) because of intolerances to milk, ironically they are doing their body just as bad by slowing down the digestion.

Important notes:

After only 2 days of going back to a healthy diet, my skin is basically perfect again, and inflammation is basically non-existent.

For me, the most important things for healthy digestion are:

-Wholegrains - loaded with soluble and insoluble fiber

-Fiber supplements (I take benefiber personally, as psyllium husk bloats me so much)

-Low fat - minimal olive oil/avocado in salads

-Moderate protein intake - too much chicken/tuna will just eff your digestion (I was having protein at every meal during the day because of exercise, so that's my idea of too much anyway)

-AVOID FOOD INTOLERANCES!!

Other Things:

-Probiotics

-ACV in the morning/before carb meals

-Good multivitamin

-Zinc

-Decaf coffee (warm liquid helps move the bowels)

Whole grains gram for gram dont have anywhere near the fiber that veggies do, and they are obviously much healthier.

Im very happy for you bud, must feel great to be free from the nightmare!

bloodtype diet oh no! NO NO NO! Stop it. Its so unscientific as saying a giant spaghetti monster rules the world. Just find what fills you. And stay away from processed (actually also bread)

Why low fat low protein?? I dont get it. Whats the theory behind this. Or does it just upset your stomach or something like that (which i cant imagine). But everybody is different so it could be....

Edited by joris

Whole grains gram for gram dont have anywhere near the fiber that veggies do, and they are obviously much healthier.

Im very happy for you bud, must feel great to be free from the nightmare!

Yeah but I don't really like any of the vegies that are really high fibre - I just have mixed green salads and rocket - plus it doesn't matter to me gram for gram, because I eat more g of wholegrains than I do vegies by far, so unless I eat a truckload of vegies, wholegrains are much better for me.

According to Adamo's theory you seem like bloodtype A, is it correct?

*facepalm

And no.. just for trivial purposes.

bloodtype diet oh no! NO NO NO! Stop it. Its so unscientific as saying a giant spaghetti monster rules the world. Just find what fills you. And stay away from processed (actually also bread)

Why low fat low protein?? I dont get it. Whats the theory behind this. Or does it just upset your stomach or something like that (which i cant imagine). But everybody is different so it could be....

I feel fat slows my digestion down too much, and so does consuming a lot of chicken because its fairly hard for the stomach to digest. Just monitoring the amounts works well for me.