Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm close to tears right now, and have nobody to talk to who understands.. so that's why I'm here. My skin on a whole is good, but today before school.. I put my mirror infront of my window to see how I'll look in daylight, and like usual I'll do my best to cover it up, and when happy with the result I can leave for school. But today.. no, everything just went horribly bad, I tried covering it all with concealer.. looked horrible and disgusting, tinted orange, tried doing only certain bits and leaving other areas, still horrible. and leaving without concealer isn't an option because it looks absolutely horrible. And I can't go to school then.. and it's never came to an extent where I cannot make myself leave for school, until today. I mean indoors my skin looks perfectly clear.. but outside, my face is just exposed to every element, and ughh I can't do it. I'm in my tenth year at school.. so I have important exams etc, and I've just refused to go to school today.. I'm really upset atm and typing on here, I'm worried I'll miss out on important information.. and just blehh! today really sucks, I've had trouble with my face since year 7. and around May-June-July time this year my face was having its best time ever, I was extremely happy. but now.. I'm constantly getting big spots which just add to the scarring I already have. Like everyday.. the nasty sort. Concealer or not.. I just can't get the face I want, and no remedy's work at all.. and honey was what got my face to its amazing point, and using it now.. I'm just hopeless.

my skin is very pale, so I don't think it's the concealer as it doesn't normally look orange, and I applied as little as I can.. and I don't know of any light concealers without looking like a ghost.

I'm a boy.. and yeah, I'm so effected and paranoid, and on the whole my skin is basically clear. it's just the huge battle with outside I can't deal with, if only we went to school at night.

I just wish I would stop getting spots, so I can get rid of this scarring. And get on the road to clear skin, but instead I'm battling battling battling. I just need help.

And all I can think about today is 'what if it's like this tomorrow' because I don't want to miss days of school, I just know if I went to school today.. I'd be so cut off and depressed in school, I'd probably break down.

I've attached a picture of myself, and yeah.. just wish my face could look like that outside, because indoors.. I can cope easy. and yeah I'm gay to anyone who might ask.

Just a question, can not shaving cause breakout? I mean I have tiny facial hair (not like.. oh they have facial hair, just the little hairs) and I don't want to shave incase I badly irritate it. Can the hair be causing problems?

Also any help for me? :( I seriously believe acne is one of the most underated problems in the world.. it kills and burns every positive motive inside of you, makes you ignore all the good points about yourself.. then just eats what's left...

post-136213-1289811270_thumb.jpg

post-136213-1289811270_thumb.jpg

Edited by BuffyForever

I'm close to tears right now, and have nobody to talk to who understands.. so that's why I'm here. My skin on a whole is good, but today before school.. I put my mirror infront of my window to see how I'll look in daylight, and like usual I'll do my best to cover it up, and when happy with the result I can leave for school. But today.. no, everything just went horribly bad, I tried covering it all with concealer.. looked horrible and disgusting, tinted orange, tried doing only certain bits and leaving other areas, still horrible. and leaving without concealer isn't an option because it looks absolutely horrible. And I can't go to school then.. and it's never came to an extent where I cannot make myself leave for school, until today. I mean indoors my skin looks perfectly clear.. but outside, my face is just exposed to every element, and ughh I can't do it. I'm in my tenth year at school.. so I have important exams etc, and I've just refused to go to school today.. I'm really upset atm and typing on here, I'm worried I'll miss out on important information.. and just blehh! today really sucks, I've had trouble with my face since year 7. and around May-June-July time this year my face was having its best time ever, I was extremely happy. but now.. I'm constantly getting big spots which just add to the scarring I already have. Like everyday.. the nasty sort. Concealer or not.. I just can't get the face I want, and no remedy's work at all.. and honey was what got my face to its amazing point, and using it now.. I'm just hopeless.

my skin is very pale, so I don't think it's the concealer as it doesn't normally look orange, and I applied as little as I can.. and I don't know of any light concealers without looking like a ghost.

I'm a boy.. and yeah, I'm so effected and paranoid, and on the whole my skin is basically clear. it's just the huge battle with outside I can't deal with, if only we went to school at night.

I just wish I would stop getting spots, so I can get rid of this scarring. And get on the road to clear skin, but instead I'm battling battling battling. I just need help.

And all I can think about today is 'what if it's like this tomorrow' because I don't want to miss days of school, I just know if I went to school today.. I'd be so cut off and depressed in school, I'd probably break down.

I've attached a picture of myself, and yeah.. just wish my face could look like that outside, because indoors.. I can cope easy. and yeah I'm gay to anyone who might ask.

Just a question, can not shaving cause breakout? I mean I have tiny facial hair (not like.. oh they have facial hair, just the little hairs) and I don't want to shave incase I badly irritate it. Can the hair be causing problems?

Also any help for me? :( I seriously believe acne is one of the most underated problems in the world.. it kills and burns every positive motive inside of you, makes you ignore all the good points about yourself.. then just eats what's left...

Hi BuffyForever .(^-^). If you want to cry, just cry. I understand perfectly how it's like to get upset over our skin problems. It's better to let it all out instead of bottling it up. Acne is a cruel disease and is really difficult to cope with, especially when everyone around you has nice skin. I know, because I go to a university where I have yet to spot someone with acne (besides me T_T) I'm at the point where I cannot use makeup anymore to try to hide my problems, my skin is extremely sensitive due to my treatment and I think I just make it worse if I try to conceal it.

It's scary to go outside, no one wants to be looked at and be made fun of their skin. (Sorry for my bad English :doubt: ) I think it's good to stay home sometimes, when you feel absolutely miserable. It will only get worse if you force yourself to go outside. I know, because I have done that several times. Broke down crying when I got home. It's hard to act normally when deep down you're hurting. But that doesn't mean you can hide forever. We have to face that we have skin problems and that these problems aren't going anytime soon. It may take a long time, but you cannot let your skin ruin your life. Remember you are not defined by your skin! If people make fun of you @$%#!! them! They are not worth your time. The positive thing about acne is (saaaay what??!! there is something positive?!! (o.o) well yes,) that you'll know which ones are your good friends. Perhaps try talking to your friends about how you're feeling, I'm sure that will help a little. :] . I'm not sure about shaving, since I'm a girl. Well I do have experience :think: , I shaved myself when I was 6 years old out of curiousity. (yeah........) By the way, I like your haircut! I hope you'll be doing ok after today ^^

your shaving creams and gels can actually cause breakouts on your chin

i actually use my head&shoulders original shampoo to shave while i shower because its a mild cleanser and also contains zinc. If you shave with a blade, you should be careful of ingrown hairs which i notice happening alot when you shave against the grain.

as for not shaving causing breakouts, im not too sure about that. Shaving can lead to sensitive and thin skin in those areas, because you usually shave off small layers of skin as you try to trim those facial hairs. In a way its kind of like exfoliation.

your shaving creams and gels can actually cause breakouts on your chin

i actually use my head&shoulders original shampoo to shave while i shower because its a mild cleanser and also contains zinc. If you shave with a blade, you should be careful of ingrown hairs which i notice happening alot when you shave against the grain.

as for not shaving causing breakouts, im not too sure about that. Shaving can lead to sensitive and thin skin in those areas, because you usually shave off small layers of skin as you try to trim those facial hairs. In a way its kind of like exfoliation.

shaving with a shampoo on your face? never tried that lol i noticed that i get whitehead after shaving but figured out that it was the 5 blade razor causing irritation and ended up switching to a double blade, since then i havent been breaking out as much but what sucks is i dont get much of a close shave as the 5 blade razor

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

wow :dry:..ive missed school 1000000~ times..

Ugh! Know EXACTLY how you feel. I've skipped class plenty of times because of my skin... I did it last week in fact because I had a grotesque cyst on the side of my chin (which is now a huge crater) yay.... :doubt:

it can be SO frustrating! :wall:

Best of luck to you though! Hope everything goes better by tomorrow!

At least you can skip class. -.- My parents dont understand and literally DRAG me to school. Everyone has these types of days. you just gotta push through them :)

I really keep trying to battle through.. I have done for 4 years, and even with my problems I've broken out in another spot which I popped.. stupid me U_U I just hate my stupid life, and my stupid skin right now. Why can't the people who drink, do drugs, etc get acne.. instead it's the people who do absolutely everything to look after their skin and get flooded with this bullshit.

Hey you're really pretty so try not to think so hard about acne. As bad as it seems it's only temporary.

Life is how you live it. So do what the fuck you wanna do.

Hey there. I skipped classes today too. I don't really care if I missed anything. It doesn't matter that much to me anymore. I generally get pretty good grades but I have such low self-confidence there are some days I just can't imagine facing the world. The best thing to do is to just sleep it off. Be glad you don't have other problems other than acne (at least I hope). My skin really doesn't look bad today. It's not really about just one thing...everything adds up and I just feel like it's too hard to fight it. It's easier to run away from our problems but that never gets us anywhere.

Hey there. I skipped classes today too. I don't really care if I missed anything. It doesn't matter that much to me anymore. I generally get pretty good grades but I have such low self-confidence there are some days I just can't imagine facing the world. The best thing to do is to just sleep it off. Be glad you don't have other problems other than acne (at least I hope). My skin really doesn't look bad today. It's not really about just one thing...everything adds up and I just feel like it's too hard to fight it. It's easier to run away from our problems but that never gets us anywhere.

yupp i skipped classes today as well. and i don't care anymore either. its grad photos week again and i will not be going :( .acne for me as well is not my main problem either.. it DOES look really disgusting.. but i have SO many other issues ( anorexia) which i've always had since i was younger :boohoo: .. soo yah those people who only have acne are very lucky!

Hey I have done the same thing too. Rarely in high school, but then college came my face went crazy...and well, every day was a huge debate. "To go, or not to go?" Sometimes I would go, sometimes I wouldn't. But I've always been a good student, and I know my grades are more important then what others think of me. I struggled to go for sure. I'd go to school and not look at anyone, just stare into a spot (yes, I know...I sound like an odd one), but it helped me focus my attention away, just in case someone was going to stare and gawk at me. I'd put tons of makeup on to hide, then have my hair down, in hopes of covering it up even more. Ughhh it was such a drag! It was too time consuming, and I didn't like how it looked. I just did it because I though I would look slightly better. Now I realize that I don't need to put myself through that baloney. And I've been going ever since. :)

Like someone else said, if you want to cry just cry. Doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl just let it out...it'll make you feel better. I had to cry last night because of a comment from a 6 yeary old at a store...I wanted to cry in the store, but couldn't so I just waited till I got home and was ready to sleep. I'm feeling much better today though. Listen, try not to skip school because of your face, I know it's hard, but you just gotta go...don't let your imperfections take control over you. I have really severe acne (you name it, I got it) and have had really bad acne since i was in middle school. It hurts just to splash water on my face. I never skipped school in high school and I'm in college now and haven't skipped school because of my acne because I know that school it too important and that acne is mererly an everyday obstacle I have to over come and deal with. You just have to mentally prepare yourself for everyday and try not to let it get to you. Tomorrow is a new day, try and think positive and try to keep your head up. Better days will come. Everyone has their set of obstacles to over come just remember that.

Hey there....

I think everyone on this forum knows how you feel.. brings back old memories too.

6 years ago I used to do the same.

Skip class, avoid meeting with people, even avoided day light.. family dinners.. etc.

I even used to put my mother's make up on when I was a teen to cover my face.. can you imagine how bad it feels for a guy to do that.

Been clear for more than 5 years and WOW.. I tell you, things can only get better.

you will enjoy life again.

Hey I have done the same thing too. Rarely in high school, but then college came my face went crazy...and well, every day was a huge debate. "To go, or not to go?" Sometimes I would go, sometimes I wouldn't. But I've always been a good student, and I know my grades are more important then what others think of me. I struggled to go for sure. I'd go to school and not look at anyone, just stare into a spot (yes, I know...I sound like an odd one), but it helped me focus my attention away, just in case someone was going to stare and gawk at me. I'd put tons of makeup on to hide, then have my hair down, in hopes of covering it up even more. Ughhh it was such a drag! It was too time consuming, and I didn't like how it looked. I just did it because I though I would look slightly better. Now I realize that I don't need to put myself through that baloney. And I've been going ever since. :)

I agree with wearing your hair down. I think I wore mine up once this year. It's a shame because I really do like to wear it up and it's a pain to make sure it looks decent when everybody else just doesn't care. I guess I'll probably go back to not caring soon enough but it will take some time to get used to.

Am I the only one who feels like makeup hides nothing? People can still see we have acne and can see how uneven our skin is. Sometimes I put it on and I swear my skin looks worse.

I know exactly how you feel.

I had people that made fun of me in 9th grade when my acne was at its worst. Somedays I was so depressed that I couldn't even look at my professors in the eye. I didn't leave my room when I got home unless it was to wash my face. I would never talk to anyone without diverting my eyes. I even had to be talked into going to a funeral for a family member because I didn't want my family to see my face.

Here's what I have realized though, karma is going to be your best friend in the end if you work hard and try and get rid of the problem.

My acne hasn't cleared up all the way yet, I have been doing Dan's regimen for about 5 weeks now. I'm not saying that I don't overanalyze my face every morning and night. But don't let acne come between you and your future.

Just like everything else in the world, acne takes a lot of time and effort to overcome.

What I can promise you is that if you put your time and effort into something (such as Dan's Regimen, but I'm sure theres some other alternative as well), it will work out for you. Quit picking at it, quit touching it, and quit obsessing over it, I try my best to live by those three rules every day. Its not going to get better over night, which was the hardest part to accept.

If I could go back I would have put my time into Dan's Regimen 3 years ago, because I, like Dan, have tried probably almost 100 products (hes probably tried like 10 times more), and none of them have worked. It might have been my impatience that made them all useless. I don't know.

Whatever it is you are using, make sure you research it. Consider the products you are using on your skin as closely as you would consider the alternatives to investing $100,000. When you find what is right for you, stick to it and live by it. If you give whatever it is a few months and it doesn't work, the worst thing that will happen is that you have to find something else. Don't be afraid to talk to your familly about it either. They will be there for you through anything. Also, these boards are a great help as well. 99% of the people on these boards have had troubles with acne and know exactly how you are feeling.

Best of luck to you!

I agree with wearing your hair down. I think I wore mine up once this year. It's a shame because I really do like to wear it up and it's a pain to make sure it looks decent when everybody else just doesn't care. I guess I'll probably go back to not caring soon enough but it will take some time to get used to.

Am I the only one who feels like makeup hides nothing? People can still see we have acne and can see how uneven our skin is. Sometimes I put it on and I swear my skin looks worse.

This is pretty much why I don't wear makeup. It really doesn't hide anything and at the end of the day we still have acne. I think for me wearing makeup is honestly just painful to put on mostly because I have nodular acne...so everything hurts my face. Save some time every day and just don't wear make up :D

This is pretty much why I don't wear makeup. It really doesn't hide anything and at the end of the day we still have acne. I think for me wearing makeup is honestly just painful to put on mostly because I have nodular acne...so everything hurts my face. Save some time every day and just don't wear make up :D

I will take your word and not wear makeup today. It's also possible it makes our acne worse. It's just one of those things I stress over because it seems everything can make my face worse...

School is overrated. I used to skip all the time and if i could turn back time i wouldn't change that.

I skipped college too, sometimes going in only 1 day a week for months at a time.

I was still the best student in the college and graduated with 100% triple distinction. I just studied in my own time.

Acne sucks.

Thanks for the reply's all! :) I went back to school today.. I did find it a big being out in direct sunlight! always had to quickly rush into a subject block! lols.