Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hehehe123456

Really bad acne scars - wut are my options?

Hey all

Im 21 and have had a lot of bad acnes over the years

I even had some on my skull

Wut are my options and how much is gonna cost me (approx.)

se93c4.jpg

zisu4n.jpg

I just need to know how much it will cost me approx. so I could start saving

Edited by hehehe123456

post-140928-1289803998_thumb.jpg

Ok the link above didnt work so here they are

post-140928-1289803984_thumb.jpg

people here will be likely to recommend all sorts of things, but given you dont have many scars and the ones you do have are large, deep and contain a lot of scar tissue, the best option for you would be simple excisions with a double stitch closure.

the excisions are not cheap (around $250 per scar), but it will mean each of the scars can be removed in one session. your scars arent in close proximity which works in your favour. the double stitch stops them caving in again once the tissue is removed.

you will most likely be left with a series of line scars which are level with the surrounding skin. these shouldnt be too noticable. if they are, you can simply go for a laser treatment which will smooth them out further.

all the best.

I pretty much agree with "gimmie gimmie". There's not much you can do with your type of scars. The next option would be multiple TCA Crosses.

yea i agree with sapphire lily

naww thats why i love everyone here. we have all been here for SO LONG that we all now agree on scar treatments. we'd make a great set of doctors. :surprised:

you could definitely do tca cross and it would be cheaper. but the results wouldnt be nearly as impressive and it would take a lot longer.

4 scars = $1000...you probably have about 20 id treat, which would be $5000. thats quite cheap in comparison to what most people pay, especially considering many people go for multiple fraxel repairs at $4500 for the first one and at least $2000 for follow up treatments.

id count yourself lucky :)

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

A lot of your scars would be too small in length/width to be excised in my opinion. The surgeon might tell you that he'll leave scars which are longer and wider then the ones already there. Definitely there's a few there that would benefit from excision but not all.

I suspect that most doctors will tell you to do TCA CROSS.

And btw, the larger scars you have are similar to the ones i have on my cheeks so if you ever find a good treatment, please let me know.

A lot of your scars would be too small in length/width to be excised in my opinion. The surgeon might tell you that he'll leave scars which are longer and wider then the ones already there. Definitely there's a few there that would benefit from excision but not all.

I suspect that most doctors will tell you to do TCA CROSS.

buddy - i know the doc told you the above recently. are some of your scars as deep as his?

Yes, his larger ones higher up on his cheek are more similar to the ones i have then all the other pics ive seen on here. The 7 restores did induce some collagen so theyre not as deep bt still, deep.

I'll be seeing a few docs in Sydney soon but I'm very hesitant in accepting an offer of excision by a cosmedic surgeon. If a plastic surgeon really backs an excision then i'll do a few areas. Unfortunately for me, my scars are quite bunched and that's why the surgeon told me he'd pretty much have to excise large areas and leave long scars. I STILL think that'd look better then what I have now.

Yes, his larger ones higher up on his cheek are more similar to the ones i have then all the other pics ive seen on here. The 7 restores did induce some collagen so theyre not as deep bt still, deep.

I'll be seeing a few docs in Sydney soon but I'm very hesitant in accepting an offer of excision by a cosmedic surgeon. If a plastic surgeon really backs an excision then i'll do a few areas. Unfortunately for me, my scars are quite bunched and that's why the surgeon told me he'd pretty much have to excise large areas and leave long scars. I STILL think that'd look better then what I have now.

oh now thats quite interesting and i can understand where your doc is coming from. from what ive been told, you cant excise scars which are too close together, unless you do all of them at t same time i definitely agree with you, it would look a whole lot better than deep holes.

i suppose the guys scars near the top (are probably the best ones on his face to be tca crossed), but definitely not the larger ones further down.

which docs have you arranged to see in sydney? If its any help I've seen doctors in Neutral Bay, Surry Hills and Coogee...if any of those ring a bell, we may have seen the same ones :)

i saw a plastic surgeon in Hurstville about mine and he was like either excision or dermabrasion...i really didnt want any at that time :)

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

I have consultations lined up in castlereagh street, george street, drummoyne, kogarah, mosman and I forget the name of the other one, have it in my phone though.

The surgeon told me he COULD excise the worst ones in the kind of bunched up areas and leave little scars but said he'd rather try dermarolling and fillers before that :(

Honestly though, dealing with hyperpigmentation now and having scars that are only 20% improved after 9 laser treatments sucks.

If I had my time back I'd probably just excise 3 areas, leave quite long thing lined scars and work on those scars without all the pigmentation and without wasting a whole year.

TCA cross may actually work well with maybe one or two excisions. Then a follow up with other treatments to smooth the overall areas...like overall peels or lasers depending on your risk comfort, etc.

TCA cross to start IMHO.

Start with something like that then see what other options if that doesn't work (after 2 rounds )

yea i agree with sapphire lily

naww thats why i love everyone here. we have all been here for SO LONG that we all now agree on scar treatments. we'd make a great set of doctors. :surprised:

you could definitely do tca cross and it would be cheaper. but the results wouldnt be nearly as impressive and it would take a lot longer.

4 scars = $1000...you probably have about 20 id treat, which would be $5000. thats quite cheap in comparison to what most people pay, especially considering many people go for multiple fraxel repairs at $4500 for the first one and at least $2000 for follow up treatments.

id count yourself lucky :)

for $7000 I can get a tummy tuck (I have lost a lot of weight)

I dont know though

I have 1-2 that are really big and those are the ones that really bother me

I usually grow my beard so some of them get covered or become less noticeable

I guess I can spend 500-750 for those bog ones

Edited by hehehe123456

I'd say TCA CROSS. That's what I'm doing for mine. Mine are more numerous than yours but are improved with two TCA peels and one TCA CROSS. :) I shall do more eventually but it's not a huge driving need for me.

I'd say TCA CROSS. That's what I'm doing for mine. Mine are more numerous than yours but are improved with two TCA peels and one TCA CROSS. :) I shall do more eventually but it's not a huge driving need for me.

how much is that gonna cost me price wise?

I just need to know so I could save

tca cross only work well with ice picks... and you said you're more bothered by the bigger scars(boxcar)

From what I've read, TCA Cross can do well on boxcars that are small enough in width. Just poke the center of it when crossing. I don't know how true this is though, and I'm not so sure how small/big in width hehehe123456s really are.

hehehe123456, when you said "Thats really expensive", all I could think of was.. welcome to the world of scar treatment. :thumbsup:

yeah i was going to note, fighting scars often takes a lot of money and many years. In the end, you'll have to be happier with a significant improvement from a third party point of view rather then what you think is life changing. For me, i'll be happier when my scars arent deep and red and shapes so roughly. I say this now and hopefully i'll get there. If i can get my scars looking like their rolling scars with normal skin colour then i will be happy because I have them types of scars and they arent life changing. It's my bad boxcar scars that kill me.

Guest Timehealsall

just curious, but do these deep scars usually occur from cysts or can they occur from regular pustules and papules as well? (if you do not pick at the papules/pustules).

Sapphire lily and buddy franklin, you both told TS that his type of scars are almost unable to treat. I'm wondering how you came to such a conclusion after Ernestoria has proven to us even the worst scars can at least for 75/80% disappear?

To the TS I would suggest to take a look at Ernestoria's thread to see what his combination treatment has brought him.

Check it out here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Combo-Tre...io-t256333.html

Edited by Ish