Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chellelynn85

Clarisonic brush use on the regimen???

I know one of the most important parts of the regimen is to avoid irritation on the skin which is why Dan says not to use a washcloth. However I was wondering if it would be okay to use my Clarisonic brush?

Before starting the regimen, I used my Clarisonic brush twice a day. Since I am experiencing some flakiness, do you think it would be okay to use the Clarisonic brush once a day or once every other day to take care of this problem? Or would this set me back?

Comments and advice are greatly appreciated!

Isn't the clarisonic like using an electric toothbrush, only bigger?

I'd think it would be WORSE than using a washcloth, but some peoples skin can handle the extra exfoliation, and some can't, so go ahead and try it if you want.

Nothing ventured, nothing earned.

Isn't the clarisonic like using an electric toothbrush, only bigger?

I'd think it would be WORSE than using a washcloth, but some peoples skin can handle the extra exfoliation, and some can't, so go ahead and try it if you want.

Nothing ventured, nothing earned.

Um, no, it's not like an electric toothbrush. Read up on it. There are different brush heads, for the different skin types. I have one, and it never irritated my skin. And I have VERY sensitive acne-prone skin, but I use the brush head for sensitive/delicate skin. It has left my face feeling smooth, but I stopped using it, because I got a little lazy with the whole acne regime and bleh. However, I will start using it again!

OP, try it out, what works for one person may not work for another person. And if you have issues with the regular brush head, try the most sensitive one. If that doesn't seem to help, then the Clarisonic may not be for you. I never experienced flakiness with Clarisonic, so I'm not sure what I can recommend, however, maybe you need more moisture after the cleansing?

Do not exfoliate while on the regimen. When you're totally clear, then you can try the Clarisonic.

I pretty much thought the clarisonic would be off limits for the regimen, but I thought I would ask.

I have an important work event with clients in two days and I just don't want to be flakey and dry...

OP, how much moisturizer are you using? If you're having flakiness maybe some more moisturizer would help?

The amount that Dan recommends is A LOT. Using 2 pumps of the acne.org stuff, it takes probably half an hour to totally absorb on its own.

Edited by tiggeriffic

Guest Timehealsall

i know Dan does not recommend exfoliation but you could try the jojoba exfoliation method.

regarding exfoliation, should it only be done when you have 0 pimples, or is it okay to use the jojoba exfoliation method if you have some active acne?

OP, how much moisturizer are you using? If you're having flakiness maybe some more moisturizer would help?

The amount that Dan recommends is A LOT. Using 2 pumps of the acne.org stuff, it takes probably half an hour to totally absorb on its own.

I use two pumps of Dan's moisturizer and I am still flakey around a few areas...

Still think you should try your Clarisonic, but on the lowest and sensitive settings. Washcloths can be irritating for some people, and imo shouldn't even be used for sensitive skin period. Those flakes are dead skin cells, which if you don't remove, will eventually create more acne for you. However, it's best to "do as it says" for the regime.

i've heard some good things about the clarisonic plus. i'm currently on my own regimen and exfoliation is fine to do. The brushes are pretty expensive though, wondering if theyll be worth the investment

Those flakes are dead skin cells, which if you don't remove, will eventually create more acne for you. However, it's best to "do as it says" for the regime.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think we need to worry so much about exfoliation. Our skin is capable of getting rid of dead skin cells on its own. It's best to leave it alone. Otherwise you risk irritation, which can cause more breakouts. Not to even mention what this thing must cost.