Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LillyMay77

best ways to treat a raised scar

I have a small raised scar, and was left with many options on how to treat it. My lastest option was to get it shaved off. Has anyone tried this technique? And what was your outcome? I have heard this is a fairly common technique, just was looking for others who have maybe tried it or are considering it. thank you

couldnt you cause further scarring? just saying. ive heard of people using emu oil to spot treat keloid scars with some success. i dont know much about the issue of keloid scarring as i have only hypotrophic scarring.

couldnt you cause further scarring? just saying. ive heard of people using emu oil to spot treat keloid scars with some success. i dont know much about the issue of keloid scarring as i have only hypotrophic scarring.

I was told the scar would be a white mark from the new layer of skin underneath. Its not a keloid, or a hypertropic scar, its simply an elevated scar. Its on a rather conspicuous part of my face (top of nose). My doctor believed it to be a mole, but not really sure that is the case. Did some research on shaving techniques and they are used for moles as well as elevated scars. I am unsure of the benefits of topicals as I have heard they are useless. I am also weary of the fact the scar may come back.