Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CRYSTAL_S

HELP! i peeled a scar off and now its BAD!

I had clear skin on my forehead until around grade 7. I have skin that is oily and prone to pimples and blackheads around my forehead and nose, since I have stopped it from reaching my chin. Over the summer i used a cream for severe acne by Avon on the TINIEST pimple. This made me break out </3. I left them alone and went to Cuba over the summer, and there they left. I have broken out certain other times like around my period. Now i started grade 8 and my skin hasnt been TOO bad. It acted up around Halloween and I treated it with creams. My face was finally doing better but hyperpigmentation developed on the side of my forehead. I covered it with my bangs since i dont wear any foundation or concealer. Heres where the worst comes in... when the discoloration was starting to get better, i decided if it wasnt starting to peel, i would MAKE it peel :'(. I got a PAD, yes, a PAD for your period and pressed it against the area, then ripped several times until my skin peeled. I picked at it and then i felt horrible, because my skin is now pinkish/ red. This happenned November 13th 2010 and it is now the day after. I have barely seen any improvement... I still have months left to continue grade 8 until i get to high school but i was wondering what I can do to get a clear complexion by then. Do i just leave the pink new skin alone and will it eventually fade? And lastly, if it CAN fade about how long will it take before my skin is completely back to normal?

i was washing my face and a scar was forming, but thank the heavens it peeled of and now all i have is very light pink skin that is healing by the minute, thanks to a cream with Vitamin E :D

hey in my opinion you should just leave it alone,, no creams no nothing, if you leave it it might look worts at first , but it will heal our skin takes care of itself- also if you leave it it will heal completely , but if you keep on 'fixing' it , it will just come back etc. so let your skin take care of itself, ps this is very hard for me

good luck!! let me know how its going =)

i was washing my face and a scar was forming, but thank the heavens it peeled of and now all i have is very light pink skin that is healing by the minute, thanks to a cream with Vitamin E :D

hey in my opinion you should just leave it alone,, no creams no nothing, if you leave it it might look worts at first , but it will heal our skin takes care of itself- also if you leave it it will heal completely , but if you keep on 'fixing' it , it will just come back etc. so let your skin take care of itself, ps this is very hard for me

good luck!! let me know how its going =)

its been quite some time after "the incident" ugh i cant believe i was so stupid anyways i hadnt checked my replies in a very long time but thank you for your opinion, and now all i have in that area is a bit of hyperpigmentation that is only a tad darker than my natural skin colour and since i have a few blackheads im using clean and clears face wash and spot treatment and things are going well. I am also using avons scar remover and it fades the hyperpigmentation by day, so im happy. the only bad thing is the salicylic acid in the spot treatment forms lines on my skin, so i also have to use a moisturizer and the blackheads never come off, what do you suggest?