Notifications
Clear all

Carley's Clear and Smooth

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 11/14/2010 3:18 pm

So when i was searching for a new product i decided to look at the acne.org reviews page and i noticed one of the highest ranked products was "Carley's Clear and Smooth"

So i saw all the positive reviews and like an idiot i bought this stuff and it's absolute garbage. I then took a closer look at the reviews and noticed there all the same, meaning carley's is just writing up fake reviews on here, if you look all the responses have the same sentence structure, and spelling. They all say the same thing, if you compare it to the clear and smooth site you realize the person who wrote both of them is the same. They all say stuff like "great product just make sure you give it 90 days" or "i love it but make sure you don't get this stuff on your fabrics it might bleach it", obviously it's all fake.

So i just wanted to warn you guys that i think this product is fake and i think acne.org should delete them from the reviews page for cheating.

opinions?

MemberMember
(@skinderella)

Posted : 11/14/2010 3:26 pm

Have you read this thread?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/BEWARE-Ca...l&hl=carley

Sounds like you're not the only one who thinks they're baloney. I think Dan needs to do something about it.

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 11/14/2010 3:32 pm

Have you read this thread?

Sounds like you're not the only one who thinks they're baloney. I think Dan needs to do something about it.

Well i wish i read that before i purchased this garbage. It doesn't suprise me that other people think this product sucks because it does. I just think they should have their review page deleted so acne.org doesn't contribute to these guys scamming people. I personally bought Carleys because i saw it had such amazing reviews on here. I just wish i spent a little more time looking into it.. I'm just curious how they have such great ebay feedback, I'm assuming people give them feedback right when they get their product without waiting to see if it actually works. The other reviews are probably all fake, i mean there's just no way.

MemberMember
(@x3kell3x)

Posted : 11/14/2010 3:54 pm

thats so wrong. i agree dan should delete the carly reviews on here.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/14/2010 3:56 pm

PM Dan the suggestion.

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 11/14/2010 4:53 pm

Holy crap..im pissed....three new carly's reviews....SO MADDENING....DO NOT READ THEM YOU WILL GET ANGRY

Im a complete advocate of removing carly's from this website.

F OFF Carly's i hate you go away (I know you are reading this you sick depraved people)

MemberMember

Posted : 11/14/2010 6:29 pm

I PMed Dan, hopefully he answers

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 11/14/2010 7:30 pm

I'm going to private message him, thanks for the responses.

Did anyone else get really small white head things from Carleys? I'm considering going on Dans treatment but I'm not sure yet. I need something to get my skin back to "normal".

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 11/15/2010 12:45 am

So i just purchased a few things from acne.org and I'm hoping i see better results

I bought

Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA+

I have a cleanser + moisterizer

I really wanted to get joojaba oil but i couldn't afford it since the shipping cost me 13 dollars and my total was about 50 for these two products.

Do you guys think i can buy joojoba oil at any health store for cheap?

Wish me luck guys

MemberMember
(@skinderella)

Posted : 11/16/2010 6:33 pm

*Wishing you luck!*

What exactly did you guys suggest to Dan? For him to take the page off? I'm not sure what to suggest.

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 11/17/2010 8:46 pm

*Wishing you luck!*

What exactly did you guys suggest to Dan? For him to take the page off? I'm not sure what to suggest.

I informated him to the situation and told him i feel they should be removed for cheating.

Good news is today my Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA+ came from Dan!!

Took 2 days to get it and I'm looking forward to using it

I also bought jojoba oil!

MemberMember
(@dukey11)

Posted : 11/19/2010 7:52 pm

Steve Wills from orlando

2 days ago

Pros I hope the owners of this site will allow me the opportunity to respond to an accusation by a reviewer that we make up fake reviews on this site. Since this site carries a .org suffix it seems only fair that they allow me to speak.

Cons We have never ever placed a bogus review on this site. or any site. or suggested anyone else do so. I respect this site and the work they do too much to do so. I believe(I'm not sure) this is the first time we even have made any contact with acne.org

Bottom line I will admit, we do recommend to our regular customers when theyreorder(especially after a kind comment) to post reviews here. Usually after they have been buying for more than a year. But we don't tell them what to write or offer them any incentive. or even follow up. If you read our positive comments here you will see they are all written in a different voice. It would be hard to fake that.

It is a well accepted fact that Acne is caused by a certain bacteria. (Propionibacterium Acnes) and how ones body deals with it. No acne product can cause acne. Although some people build up a dependency on certain products. Taking those products away can cause acne to return in those people. Usually temporarily after starting our product. I do though understand the frustration of people we can't help. I wish so bad we could help them.

As we say in our listings this product does not help everyone. Nothing does. It's why we have the guarantee we have. Our return rate is very low. There are no miracles. Adult acne is common today. We are just doing our best to help the ones we can help.

Thank you for reading this.

Steve Wills

just passing by.. read this post and went to that review..

and saw this comment by.. apparently its owner lol.. intersting

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 11/19/2010 8:04 pm

The owner is such a scam artist

Just read like the last five reviews posted. All of them say something like "This product is so great all of my kids and grandparents and entire family use it" and then go on to say the only negative is when they run out

EVERY single person on the forums who has tried this product has failed miserably. The only people who give this stuff positive reviews are people on anonymous review sites.

Just think about...and look at the reviews it's so obvious this is fake

the owner responded like the day after the bad review, he's obviously filling it up with fake reviews every day and checking it all the time

it's so stupid how the highest rated product with one of the highest number of reviews makes EVERYONES skin worse just run a search on these forums and EVERY PERSON who regularly posts absolutely hates this product...THIS STUFF IS FAKE

Don't fall for this stuff guys

MemberMember
(@skinderella)

Posted : 11/21/2010 10:41 pm

Steve Wills from orlando

2 days ago

Pros I hope the owners of this site will allow me the opportunity to respond to an accusation by a reviewer that we make up fake reviews on this site. Since this site carries a .org suffix it seems only fair that they allow me to speak.

Cons We have never ever placed a bogus review on this site. or any site. or suggested anyone else do so. I respect this site and the work they do too much to do so. I believe(I'm not sure) this is the first time we even have made any contact with acne.org

Bottom line I will admit, we do recommend to our regular customers when theyreorder(especially after a kind comment) to post reviews here. Usually after they have been buying for more than a year. But we don't tell them what to write or offer them any incentive. or even follow up. If you read our positive comments here you will see they are all written in a different voice. It would be hard to fake that.

It is a well accepted fact that Acne is caused by a certain bacteria. (Propionibacterium Acnes) and how ones body deals with it. No acne product can cause acne. Although some people build up a dependency on certain products. Taking those products away can cause acne to return in those people. Usually temporarily after starting our product. I do though understand the frustration of people we can't help. I wish so bad we could help them.

As we say in our listings this product does not help everyone. Nothing does. It's why we have the guarantee we have. Our return rate is very low. There are no miracles. Adult acne is common today. We are just doing our best to help the ones we can help.

Thank you for reading this.

Steve Wills

just passing by.. read this post and went to that review..

and saw this comment by.. apparently its owner lol.. intersting

THAT ISN'T A REVIEW. WHAT CON ARTISTS! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I'm done.

MemberMember
(@dymx86)

Posted : 12/02/2010 3:01 am

I agree that it is wrong if the owner for this product is writing multiple reviews for their item. This may well be the case, but I used this product a few times and actually wrote a review a few years ago under the name "maggie." It was when I stopped using proactive after 2 years, and restarted it two months later and It gave me acne all over my jaw. I love natural stuff so I decided to try carleys. I can say that the first few weeks I broke out but I was like my face is already messed up so I might as well continue. During those few weeks my jawline cleared up but it gave me pimple on my forehead. I clears up pimples FAST, and that is why I like it. I pick at my skin, because my pimple usually last over a week and I get fed up.

Right now though I am using tea tree oil wash by the company "jason." found in must drugstores you should try that. I also had a nodule on my face for years and tea tree has reduced it by 60% the proble with my skin though is that products eventually stop working after a while :/ then I have to move on to something else.

MemberMember
(@maria-v)

Posted : 12/02/2010 9:36 pm

I'm not going to say this product is either fake nor promising, because I have never used it. I do have to say that there are a lot of reviews on MakeUpAlley about this product, however, it's all about the bar soap, which I think people really seem to like. However, many of the reviewers post that it is not for people who have sensitive or acneic skin. Ironic, yes, seeing as how this product is for acne sufferers. I agree with one of the posters, however, when he says that none of the products are reviewed on YouTube. I don't care how small the company is, I can usually find a review on youtube for ANYTHING. So, if it's not on youtube it most likely cannot be trusted.

MemberMember
(@superbug11)

Posted : 12/13/2010 12:15 am

update

Dan sent me a private message and said he'll have it looked into soon

also, about the soap

it's 100 percent shea butter....that's the worst possible thing you can put on your skin (for acne)

MemberMember
(@icing)

Posted : 11/10/2012 3:22 pm

I did try it after reading all the amazing reviews and then later when I broke out with cystic acne I checked the reviews that had it written at one star, guess what... they all matched mine. I left a one star review too because the product just made my face so much worse. I hope it isn't a scam and actually does work for all those people because it's beyond horrible that a company could prey on people who are already struggling and looking desperately for a cure. :(

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 11/11/2012 3:20 am

One of you folks should contact a lawyer and ask about legal action against Carley's. Sounds that they should be put out of business.....time for you to make some money. As long as Americans allow this type of "bad behavior" than companies will continue doing it. Time for US citizens to stand up for themselves.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/11/2012 3:36 am

OMG i've been posting about how terrible Carley's is for AGES. I even had this huge thread which got deleted by the mods because Carly's company complained about it....just ask the member here onefatalgoose, he was there as well. I 100% believe that its a scam. Their reviews sound ridiculously similar, and there is not one negative review on their website. Moreover, their ingredients SUCK for acne, and their method is VERY irritating (using a scrub with a washcloth...yikes!).

Think about it...how easy it is for a company to sit in front of a computer and make fake ads all day? Time consuming? Sort of. Is it worth free invaluable advertising? Yes.

I hate that company, and they ruin a lot of people's skin

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 11/12/2012 11:41 pm

One of you folks should contact a lawyer and ask about legal action against Carley's. Sounds that they should be put out of business.....time for you to make some money. As long as Americans allow this type of "bad behavior" than companies will continue doing it. Time for US citizens to stand up for themselves.

This is becoming a common practice amongst those selling skin products. And yes, it is very easy to tell the fake reviews from the real ones. The whole 'make sure to give it 90 days' thing is such a tell, and they can't help themselves. They are trying so desperately to sell a product, that it shows through in the writing. Honest reviewers aren't trying to sell something, so their writing is much different. I'm absolutely against a company that falsifies reviews to better their profits.

You have to display honesty when dealing with such a serious issue as acne. And when you are willing to put profits ahead of helping people to become clear, and ahead of honesty...? I don't respect you, and you should stop doing what you're doing. There's going to be a judgement day, and greedy corrupt people will have to answer for their actions in this life. This is the only thing that gives me comfort in regards to the sick people in this world today

OMG i've been posting about how terrible Carley's is for AGES. I even had this huge thread which got deleted by the mods because Carly's company complained about it....just ask the member here onefatalgoose, he was there as well.

Yep. Happened.

And the thread is indeed gone. A thread basically warning people to read all reviews carefully before purchasing a product. A thread shedding some light on shady business practices, and how they should not be welcome on this site. If the product worked for you, that's awesome and it's what we all desire on this site. That is, for people to get clear

However

I won't support a company that has to falsify reviews to get people to try their product. Murad works for many people. However it's destroyed even more people's skin. And yet it's advertised on TV as a gentle product. It isn't. It uses extremely harsh chemicals and causes a terrible reaction in most people's skin. THIS IS NOT PURGING. Purging is a word skin company's use to get you to keep using a product even though your skin is telling you 'Please stop putting this crap on me!'

Not saying Carley's is Murad. But if you want people to respect your company...don't lie. It's not an attractive quality

So...this is the very first review i read when i searched Carley's on this site. It's a review for the soap. Look at the wording, and call me a conspiracy theorist. For example, "I always buy more though ($25 for 5 bars)" Does this not scream advertising?

This is one extremely short review. Their are tons of these that are much more telling

Devils advocate might say that this is just an excited woman who had a great experience with the soap. But Carley's has raised a red flag and drawn too much attention already due to clearly falsified reviews. So it's hard to take this at face value

Pros: This is honestly the best soap I have ever used. I use it head to toe and also on my kids. It is non irritating and my face loves it.

Cons: NONE!

Bottom line:Rec'd this free when I order the acne scrub. I always buy more though ($25 for 5 bars). It is hands down the best soap out there.

Recommended: Yes

Acne severity: light

MemberMember

Posted : 11/13/2012 1:38 pm

This is becoming a common practice amongst those selling skin products. And yes, it is very easy to tell the fake reviews from the real ones. The whole 'make sure to give it 90 days' thing is such a tell, and they can't help themselves. They are trying so desperately to sell a product, that it shows through in the writing. Honest reviewers aren't trying to sell something, so their writing is much different. I'm absolutely against a company that falsifies reviews to better their profits.

You have to display honesty when dealing with such a serious issue as acne. And when you are willing to put profits ahead of helping people to become clear, and ahead of honesty...? I don't respect you, and you should stop doing what you're doing. There's going to be a judgement day, and greedy corrupt people will have to answer for their actions in this life. This is the only thing that gives me comfort in regards to the sick people in this world today

OMG i've been posting about how terrible Carley's is for AGES. I even had this huge thread which got deleted by the mods because Carly's company complained about it....just ask the member here onefatalgoose, he was there as well.

Yep. Happened.

And the thread is indeed gone. A thread basically warning people to read all reviews carefully before purchasing a product. A thread shedding some light on shady business practices, and how they should not be welcome on this site. If the product worked for you, that's awesome and it's what we all desire on this site. That is, for people to get clear

However

I won't support a company that has to falsify reviews to get people to try their product. Murad works for many people. However it's destroyed even more people's skin. And yet it's advertised on TV as a gentle product. It isn't. It uses extremely harsh chemicals and causes a terrible reaction in most people's skin. THIS IS NOT PURGING. Purging is a word skin company's use to get you to keep using a product even though your skin is telling you 'Please stop putting this crap on me!'

Not saying Carley's is Murad. But if you want people to respect your company...don't lie. It's not an attractive quality

So...this is the very first review i read when i searched Carley's on this site. It's a review for the soap. Look at the wording, and call me a conspiracy theorist. For example, "I always buy more though ($25 for 5 bars)" Does this not scream advertising?

This is one extremely short review. Their are tons of these that are much more telling

Devils advocate might say that this is just an excited woman who had a great experience with the soap. But Carley's has raised a red flag and drawn too much attention already due to clearly falsified reviews. So it's hard to take this at face value

Pros: This is honestly the best soap I have ever used. I use it head to toe and also on my kids. It is non irritating and my face loves it.

Cons: NONE!

Bottom line:Rec'd this free when I order the acne scrub. I always buy more though ($25 for 5 bars). It is hands down the best soap out there.

Recommended: Yes

Acne severity: light

haha I was hoping you would come across that post hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@icing)

Posted : 11/20/2012 7:52 pm

Well the thing about me ordering it on ebay was I didn't leave a reveiw soon enough, by the time I had used it for the amount of time that was "recommended" the time to leave a review on ebay was up, that and I usually just give good feedback for fast shipping, etc.

And I wanted to add one more thing, this product has 999 reviews the last time I checked, more than acne.org regimin, It is one of the MOST 6 actively reviewed products on the site, and honestly I had never even heard of it until I saw it on here and thought that WOW this product certainly gets results. More votes than Zenmed? And I've tried that before.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/21/2012 7:39 pm

Well the thing about me ordering it on ebay was I didn't leave a reveiw soon enough, by the time I had used it for the amount of time that was "recommended" the time to leave a review on ebay was up, that and I usually just give good feedback for fast shipping, etc.

And I wanted to add one more thing, this product has 999 reviews the last time I checked, more than acne.org regimin, It is one of the MOST 6 actively reviewed products on the site, and honestly I had never even heard of it until I saw it on here and thought that WOW this product certainly gets results. More votes than Zenmed? And I've tried that before.

Exactly. Honestly, people have done crazier things than make 999 ebay accounts. I can think of many different ways companies can go about doing this. It might be time consuming...but its free advertising. Anyways, I completely agree. Just read the reviews on this site and tell me they don't sound suspicious.

MemberMember
(@alex-wills)

Posted : 11/22/2012 4:47 am

I think it's time for me to weigh in. I am Alex and I work at Carley's Clear & Smooth. This is a small family business with a small base of very passionate fans. No evil executives like someone eloquently put it - I'm probably the only person at the company that handles PR of any kind so I've seen accusations like these from the same people pop up multiple times.

The reason why we have so many positive reviews is due to the fact that we have someone dedicated to customer service and the product guarantee that lasts a lifetime. A great customer service that tries to touch back with every customer on a personal basis will trump almost any company - even if the product isn't anything special. This isn't a miracle product (and we've never claimed it as such) but we have a small but vocal fanbase. They love the nature of products void of animal-ingredients/parabens/fragrances/colorants/dimethicone that are made with care. While it may seem ridiculous how many reviews you see of the product for being so unknown, we've been around almost as long as Dan's.