Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i finally went to the doctor and he gave me a new regime. I have a benzoyl peroxide 4% wash that i use every night, and in the morning if i want. Then moistorize with Cetaphil in the mornings. Should i moistorize at night after washing as well?

Then i got retin-a .025% which i am supposed to use twice a week at night. Should i still wash with benzoyl peroxide before i use it? or just water for the nights im guna apply the retin-a?

I've started with the benzoyl only so far and it's giving me inital breakouts but i know this is part of the process, so screw it im just guna fight through it (i feel like shit, my face is disgusting).

Any answers to my questions are greatly appreciated. I bolded my questions

If you are going to start using Retin-A, I would use a neutral facewash, not one with BP in it. That could cause irritation would could possibly lead to inflammation/breaking out.

If you are going to start using Retin-A, I would use a neutral facewash, not one with BP in it. That could cause irritation would could possibly lead to inflammation/breaking out.

thanks, so if i only use Retin-a twice a week. The nights i use it i will wash with a neutral facewash instead of BP, but on the other nights i'll still use BP. This would be fine?

thanks, so if i only use Retin-a twice a week. The nights i use it i will wash with a neutral facewash instead of BP, but on the other nights i'll still use BP. This would be fine?

Yes. :)