Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taini_star

Changed Diet - Now on the Cheek??

Hey guys,

I wrote here a while ago and together with your help I figured that flour may be a major cause of my acne. So I finally stopped eating bread, pasta and other things made out of flour maybe about 2 weeks ago and the acne around my mouth is more or less gone. Skin still isn't very clean but not nearly as bad as it used to be. However, now I'm getting whiteheads on my cheeks!!! (close to the eyes). This has always been the cleanest spot of my face, why does it suddenly start to break out there?? This is the worst nightmare ever, my front is scarred, my mouth is full of red dots and now I'm getting pimples even on my cheeks?!?!

Please please help!!

Flour isn't the only high glycemic index food. Some people have problems tolerating large quantities of fruit. Have you eliminated dairy? How about rice and oats? Are you avoiding processed foods that contain wheat, corn syrup or added sugars?

Edited by gMARIAs

I haven't had any wheat at all, no sugar etc. I guess the only thing that I've been eating was rice..instead of pasta. Could that be the reason why I suddenly get pimples at places where I never had anything before?? I haven't eaten any diary recently although I don't think I ever had problems with that.

I haven't had any wheat at all, no sugar etc. I guess the only thing that I've been eating was rice..instead of pasta. Could that be the reason why I suddenly get pimples at places where I never had anything before?? I haven't eaten any diary recently although I don't think I ever had problems with that.

Yes, rice could definitely be the cause. It is a high glycemic food that can certainly cause blood sugar spikes. Cut that out and see how you do. I'd still cut out dairy products for a while, too and stick with meats, veggies and some fruits. Hopefully, that would improve your skin. You can then try adding things back in to see how your skin reacts (like dairy, if you're so inclined).